physics/Chem final prep (1 Viewer)

abc123yoyo

HSC
Go through the whole syllabus and find the dot points you are not good with. Revise those dot points specifically. By not good, I do not mean you don't remember them, but you don't know the science behind them. After this, do as many past papers as you can until tuesday. On tuesday, spend the whole day memorising the processes, read your practicals, and just remember the small things, like water quality tests, things that can be made from ethelyene, systematic naming, etc.
Do you think it wod be better to do a past paper on the day b4 to have some momentum for the exam? i did that once and i finished a lot quicker then usual

K

khorne

Do you think it wod be better to do a past paper on the day b4 to have some momentum for the exam? i did that once and i finished a lot quicker then usual
No. Too late for past papers IMO. YOu can have a look through, but I think memorising notes and facts is more important.

abc123yoyo

HSC
No. Too late for past papers IMO. YOu can have a look through, but I think memorising notes and facts is more important.
What does IMO stand for? and that is true how do you usually approach multiple choice questions? I use to find them hard n get 19/20 somehow but now im only getting in 13-15 - this is for physics btw and how much do u plan for the longer responses, say half a page of dot points? I realise i wasted too much time putting dot points on the smaller mark questions

K

khorne

What does IMO stand for? and that is true how do you usually approach multiple choice questions? I use to find them hard n get 19/20 somehow but now im only getting in 13-15 - this is for physics btw and how much do u plan for the longer responses, say half a page of dot points? I realise i wasted too much time putting dot points on the smaller mark questions
IMO = in my opinion.

I don't spend much time on MC, because I find it easy. MC ability comes from a deep understanding of the subject. If you spent enough time through the year learning it, you'll be right. Otherwise, you might wanna look over some older ones 2003-2007, they tend to repeat them.

For longer response, I do not plan for 1 or 2 mark questions. I spend about 10-15 min total writing several words for each q, and then do MC, and then write long response. This way, I finish a paper in 1.5 hours or so, so plenty of time to go over.

CalumGemmell

HSC
What formulas do we need to know for physics that aren't given? I think i've seen a few centripetal accelerations questions before

abc123yoyo

HSC
that seems to make sense but i think i will write the plan then write the answer for long answers so i dont waste time trying to remember my original thoughts, but how the heck do you finish in 1.5 hours?? what do u usually get as a mark?

abc123yoyo

HSC
I also have 1 physics question that trips me up cos of the two answers u probably have seen this b4:

Humans are working on the construction of the International Space Station in orbit around Earth. As the work, it is possible for a single human to maniuplate very large objecs quite easily, but balance and control are more difficult. The best explanation for this effect would be:

a) the space station is so far away from earth that 'g' has negligible effects
b) Humans and the space station are in a contual state of free-fall as they travel horizontally at high speed
c) because of their motion, the objects and humans have no weight-force, due to Earth's gravity acting on them
d) humans use special attachments to allow them to work in the weightless enviro

K

khorne

What formulas do we need to know for physics that aren't given? I think i've seen a few centripetal accelerations questions before
qV = E(k, max) = hf- hf0, as the work function

Also W= qV can be derived.

that seems to make sense but i think i will write the plan then write the answer for long answers so i dont waste time trying to remember my original thoughts, but how the heck do you finish in 1.5 hours?? what do u usually get as a mark?
I get around 95% usually. I finish so soon because I know what to write...I can't explain it really, I just get a lot of it.

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
I also have 1 physics question that trips me up cos of the two answers u probably have seen this b4:

Humans are working on the construction of the International Space Station in orbit around Earth. As the work, it is possible for a single human to maniuplate very large objecs quite easily, but balance and control are more difficult. The best explanation for this effect would be:

a) the space station is so far away from earth that 'g' has negligible effects
b) Humans and the space station are in a contual state of free-fall as they travel horizontally at high speed
c) because of their motion, the objects and humans have no weight-force, due to Earth's gravity acting on them
d) humans use special attachments to allow them to work in the weightless enviro
is it b?

jamesfirst

HSC
im getting a band 3
no. wtf

you're not getting a band 3 if you don't know them. You can still get a band 5 if you bull shit your way through the exam. I mean cmon, you have to like get 20/100 to get a band 3

K

khorne

no. wtf

you're not getting a band 3 if you don't know them. You can still get a band 5 if you bull shit your way through the exam. I mean cmon, you have to like get 20/100 to get a band 3
The point is that if you dont know basic molarity equations which are assumed from year 11, you might as well give up with chem

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Does anyone know the chemical equations for the action of bacteria on nitrogenous products to produce N2O?

jbrunero

HSC
I need some advice, should I do as a priority past papers or memorise the long content questions???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)