physics exam (1 Viewer)

Armenikum

HSC
anniea89 said:
I got 38. something cm/s for the projectile q........

It was ok, better than chem, but I stuffed up the option (quanta to quarks).
Lol how did you stuff up quanta? It was sooo easy - thankgod there was nothing on leptons and quarks etc!

anniea89

HSC
I realy should not have come inot this post, because I'm looking over these multiple choice answrs and I get the feeling that I have screwed that part up badly.

Armenikum

HSC
anniea89 said:
I realy should not have come inot this post, because I'm looking over these multiple choice answrs and I get the feeling that I have screwed that part up badly.
Just remember a lot of people will do bad in multiple choice - they have some triccky ones!

anniea89

HSC
Lol how did you stuff up quanta? It was sooo easy - thankgod there was nothing on leptons and quarks etc!
I couldn't remember the stuff on de Broglie very well, so I couldn't answer the 7 mark question very well at all.

I basically did not know the option very well. I studied it, but had trouble recalling the information.

farahodish

HSC
anniea89 said:
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL
i have said that after EVERY EVERY EVERY exam..

... yet im still doing it.

Armenikum

HSC
For question 14 - the p type semiconductor - where in the question does it say "IN ITS NATURAL ORIGINAL STATE'?

A property of a p type conductor is that it is positively charged during a voltage or when it absorbs a photon or whatever. The rest are wrong as the question broadly asks about a p type semi conductor in terms of state, but SPECIFICALLY asks for a property.

emers43

HSC
anniea89 said:
I couldn't remember the stuff on de Broglie very well, so I couldn't answer the 7 mark question very well at all.

I basically did not know the option very well. I studied it, but had trouble recalling the information.

im in the exact same boat. I think i died about 3 or 4 times during that exam. A hell of alot of fun though. lucky i do 13 units....

Armenikum

HSC
anniea89 said:

Fair enough - I wrote 2 (large writing) pages on what he proposed and the Davison germer experiment with a drawing and also supporting Bohr's model - I think i am missing something, but in any case, I dont think id get the full 7 marks - but yea, ican see what you are saying with the 7 marker. Howd you go for the radioisotopes? Gift from god if you do Chemistry lol

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
dwatt said:
That crappy little question...hated that. I'm convinced I have done something really wrong but here is what I had:

I had range at 80cm, at about 92cm (or there abouts). I worked out it took about 0.2 seconds for the ball to fall 30 centimetres (maybe it was 2-3...don't remember).

So, V = s/t was about 2-4 m/s.

So sorry I cannot remember ANY of the numbers I used. But this is the method I used. Was this stupid?
I used V^2 = U^2 +2aY
Where v= 0 at the top
U = ?
a = 9.8
Y = 110 (80+30)

Found U, then subed it into

v= u + at

Found time

Subed it into

X = U(x) X t

were X = 92 cm
T is known
U(x)= to be calculated

therefore u(x) = 19.8 ms-1

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
anniea89 said:
I got 38. something cm/s for the projectile q........

It was ok, better than chem, but I stuffed up the option (quanta to quarks).
Tell me about it, I screwed it up big time

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Shrikar said:
Did you get like 19.8 ms-1 for the horizontal velocity?
Obtain a value for t.

Δy = uyt + 0.5ayt2
uy = 0 (There was no vertically projected initial velocity)
Δy = 0.5ayt2

Δx = uxt
ux = Δx / t

Then I found my horizontal velocity was approximately 2 ms-1

Shrikar said:
I used V^2 = U^2 +2aY
Where v= 0 at the top
U = ?
a = 9.8
Y = 110 (80+30)

Found U, then subed it into

v= u + at

Found time

Subed it into

X = U(x) X t

were X = 92 cm
T is known
U(x)= to be calculated

therefore u(x) = 19.8 ms-1
:eek:

anniea89

HSC
Fair enough - I wrote 2 (large writing) pages on what he proposed and the Davison germer experiment with a drawing and also supporting Bohr's model - I think i am missing something, but in any case, I dont think id get the full 7 marks - but yea, ican see what you are saying with the 7 marker. Howd you go for the radioisotopes? Gift from god if you do Chemistry lol
That was a great question! I just used my chem stuff as well.

Nosviper

HSC
Here is what I remember about calculation questions

1) First Graph Question
* plotted the points and drew the curve
* Found the range at 80cm i think it was (not sure)

Find the Horizontal Velocity
* Since range = uxt
Range = value off the graph
t = found time by using y = ut +1/2at(2square)
Then subbed into the equation to get Ux
I remember converting my range to metres therefore I got 2.5ms roughly I remember. If you didnt convert your range to metres you must remember to keep your units as cms

2) Finding the Orbit from the Surface of Earth Geostationary
I forgot all about keplers Law of periods. I would have gotten extremely close to the correct answer and should get marks for working.
* correct way to do would be to use keplers law of periods and geostartionary satellite has 24 hour period and use that.
* I remembere the geostatioarny satellites orbit at 37500km then subtracted that distance from the radius of earth to get the orbit.

3) Finding the Velocity with mass increase of 0.37 (37%)
* needed to use the mass dilation formula
* didnt matter what values you substituted for mass as long as Mv was 37% larger than our Mo
* I inverted both sides to solve for velocity and I cant remember but I think i got 1.4 x10 to the something ms

4) Torque Question with Coul
Pretty sure I got this right.
* For part a the torque on the coil would cause a clockwise spin so a mass must be placed on the left of the circular piece (point x i think it was) to balance the torque
* For part b. To find the torque of a 0.2g mass i think it was. All you needed to do was convert it to metres then x 9.8 to get force. Using the formula T = fd with distance being the radius of the circule in metres.
* For part C. Using your answer from part b (pretend answer was 0.56nm)
Torques must equal each other therefore
0.56 = nBIA
Solveing for N I got 196 turns

5) Finding the Electric Field Strength of the point Charge
F = QE
E = F/Q
F = ma (sub in values from question to get force)
Q = given in the question
E = ... Vm-1 (cant remember answer)

Any more calculation questions I cant remember?

ladystar

HSC
I got like 3 ms-1 for that .. can't remember exact, ah well. Guess a slight difference in graph could make it a slight bit different, lets hope its right lol.
I think I got pretty much exactly double the amount of turns as you though. =/ (I remember it rounded to 400 or so) was the measurement a radius or a diameter?

about Q10 of multiple choice: sorry, made another thread - I'm pretty convinced that it should have been both A and C, makes no sense to seemingly ask for one property of waves and give both options.. http://community.boredofstudies.org/18/physics/157766/2-answers-multiple-choice.html

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Nosviper said:
Here is what I remember about calculation questions

1) First Graph Question
* plotted the points and drew the curve
* Found the range at 80cm i think it was (not sure)

Find the Horizontal Velocity
* Since range = uxt
Range = value off the graph
t = found time by using y = ut +1/2at(2square)
Then subbed into the equation to get Ux
I remember converting my range to metres therefore I got 2.5ms roughly I remember. If you didnt convert your range to metres you must remember to keep your units as cms

2) Finding the Orbit from the Surface of Earth Geostationary
I forgot all about keplers Law of periods. I would have gotten extremely close to the correct answer and should get marks for working.
* correct way to do would be to use keplers law of periods and geostartionary satellite has 24 hour period and use that.
* I remembere the geostatioarny satellites orbit at 37500km then subtracted that distance from the radius of earth to get the orbit.

3) Finding the Velocity with mass increase of 0.37 (37%)
* needed to use the mass dilation formula
* didnt matter what values you substituted for mass as long as Mv was 37% larger than our Mo
* I inverted both sides to solve for velocity and I cant remember but I think i got 1.4 x10 to the something ms

4) Torque Question with Coul
Pretty sure I got this right.
* For part a the torque on the coil would cause a clockwise spin so a mass must be placed on the left of the circular piece (point x i think it was) to balance the torque
* For part b. To find the torque of a 0.2g mass i think it was. All you needed to do was convert it to metres then x 9.8 to get force. Using the formula T = fd with distance being the radius of the circule in metres.
* For part C. Using your answer from part b (pretend answer was 0.56nm)
Torques must equal each other therefore
0.56 = nBIA
Solveing for N I got 196 turns

5) Finding the Electric Field Strength of the point Charge
F = QE
E = F/Q
F = ma (sub in values from question to get force)
Q = given in the question
E = ... Vm-1 (cant remember answer)

Any more calculation questions I cant remember?
1)
Forgot my answer.

2)
Found the radius after cube rooting it. Then I found the Height = Radius - Earth's radius.

Forgot my answer.

3)
I'm sure my answer had a magnitude of somewhere about 107 ms-1

4)
I got something within the 300 turns range.

5)
Forgot my answer too.
The unit can be NC-1

Nosviper

HSC
You must remember T = Fd is distance from the pivot axis. The torque or tunring moment on the circle would be the radius of the circle. Thats who you prolly got double the answer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)