Physics HSC Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

liner

HSC
honestly, i never understood relativity. hopefully there's hardly any (just like 2019 and 2020)

notme123

HSC
if they just ask questions related to evidence for relativity then its chill
no those questions are so yuck. the only good one is muon decay. for the plane one ive heard 2 different things and i dont know which is correct.

idkkdi

HSC
no those questions are so yuck. the only good one is muon decay. for the plane one ive heard 2 different things and i dont know which is correct.
the plane is a bit weird.
what happens is that u don't take the clock on earth as the reference point.

you imagine a point in the middle of the earth that doesn't move at all.
the plane flying west moves slightly slower than the clock on earth which moves slower than the clock flying east.

idkkdi

HSC

the plane flying west moves slightly slower than the clock on earth which moves slower than the clock flying east.
as usual, Wikipedia is the goat.

" Considering the Hafele–Keating experiment in a frame of reference at rest with respect to the center of the Earth (because this is an inertial frame[2]), a clock aboard the plane moving eastward, in the direction of the Earth's rotation, had a greater velocity (resulting in a relative time loss) than one that remained on the ground, while a clock aboard the plane moving westward, against the Earth's rotation, had a lower velocity than one on the ground.[3] "
and then u use the fact that clocks slow down at higher speeds.

notme123

HSC

ohhh that makes so much more sense lol. appreciate it now i understand. for the evidence for sr questions do you guy make up numbers like how much time they dilated by. like id say the west clock dilated 17ns while the eastward one 44ns even if i don't know the actual result. also i read somewhere that 60% of the dilation was due to gr soooo.

idkkdi

HSC
ohhh that makes so much more sense lol. appreciate it now i understand. for the evidence for sr questions do you guy make up numbers like how much time they dilated by. like id say the west clock dilated 17ns while the eastward one 44ns even if i don't know the actual result. also i read somewhere that 60% of the dilation was due to gr soooo.
don't remember it either lol.

TheShy

HSC
Plane going eastward was 60 ns behind, while plane going west was 270ns ahead

TheShy

HSC
And yeah, time was dilated mainly due to general rel. but for hsc purposes we take it as evidence for special rel.

luminol

HSC
i really hope module 8.5 isn't gonna do us dirty this year
that being said I'm also curious to see what the 7-9 markers this year are gonna be on

TheShy

HSC
that being said I'm also curious to see what the 7-9 markers this year are gonna be on
Probs application, but I think in relation to mod 7, maybe one of the experiments

notme123

HSC
and 8.5 is? it goes stars and universe, then classical atom stuff, quantum mechanical nature stuff, the nucleus, then the standard model. is 8.5 the standard model?

vishnay

God
HSC
i dont know all the experiments for the light measurements in detail. i know romers briefly, fizeau is alright but Foucault and every other one i can't tell you how to do the maths.

also fun fact: foucault was a french philosopher that wanted to abolish statutory consent laws (i.e. eliminate the age of consent 😶 😶 )
foucault is my grandpa

notme123

HSC
oh wow i just realised jean foucault was the one who did the speed of light thing not michael foucault i just assumed it was the first person who came up on google search :oops::oops::oops:

Jimmy910

HSC
I am so gone for EM. I don't understand AC induction motors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)