physics japanese or accounting? (1 Viewer)

Atarer

HSC
I am about to choose my year 11 subjects soon, the subjects I am certainly going to choose are:
2U english
3U maths
Chem
Economics
Legal studies

and I just need one more subject,
physics, japanese beginner, or accounting, which one is better?

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
I am about to choose my year 11 subjects soon, the subjects I am certainly going to choose are:
2U english
3U maths
Chem
Economics
Legal studies

Those are a good selection of subjects that you are certain about, and it seems that your are going for the more academic subjects. So for the other subject, physics would be an interesting course and it scales well, Japanese beginner would also be an interesting course but would require a fair bit of work and it doesn't scale as well as physics, and Accounting is a category B subject, and probably wouldnt be as difficult as the other two.

So i supose it depends on what you like more, physics, Japanese or accounting. But if you are looking at getting a very high ATAR then Physics would probably help more than Japanese and Accounting.

swathard

HSC
Those are a good selection of subjects that you are certain about, and it seems that your are going for the more academic subjects. So for the other subject, physics would be an interesting course and it scales well, Japanese beginner would also be an interesting course but would require a fair bit of work and it doesn't scale as well as physics, and Accounting is a category B subject, and probably wouldnt be as difficult as the other two.

So i supose it depends on what you like more, physics, Japanese or accounting. But if you are looking at getting a very high ATAR then Physics would probably help more than Japanese and Accounting.
you probably shouldnt make a judgement like that, especially if you don't do the course. I do accounting, and it is actually quite a difficult course. it is unlike any other course you will do, and it is equivalent to first year tafe accounting course. so it is by no means simple. just thought i'd clear that up.

JayNoob

zzz
HSC
Physics!! it is very fun and exciting supposedly not to mention scales well if you do well, i dropped Jap for next year as I have lost interest.

HSC
2U english
3U maths
Chem
Economics
Legal studies

honestly i would go with physics

but it depends on what u want to do in uni as well
:)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I'd say Physics. But that's because the idea of doing accounting sounds boring as hell to me, and I already do a language.

HSC

I'm pretty sure I do a lot better in Physics than I do in accounting. Accounting is my hardest subject by miles.

clue444

HSC
Physics, as it will slightly overlap with your chemistry and maths.

Tangent

HSC
Ultimately it depends what you want to do.
If you have a jeen interest in Japan, then do Japanese. It is always a plus to learn a new language and mind-opening to learn about a new culture.

If you're looking towards more science, then do physics. It is fun and the equations are relatively easy, and once you grasp the concept you'll fly through. Though it is a lot of work, because there is a lot to remember. Don't choose it purely because you want to get scaled up, because you can get a pretty good ATAR either subject you choose.

So pick the one you would be most interested in.

P.S. I'd pick Japanese, if only because it is different to your other subjects, giving you a different way to think. Variety is the spice of school life

xMaFF

HSC
2U english
3U maths
Chem
Economics
Legal studies

Oh... my... goodness.
I think I've found my soulmate.
Your subjects are almost exactly like mine!

I'm experiencing the same problem.
Except, mine's like:
- physics vs chemistry
- maths ext. 1 vs english ext 1 vs japanese

I think from what I've learned here at BOS regarding subject selection, is that you must choose subjects that you enjoy.
Try not to worry so much about scaling but more so on what interests you, as it will motivate you to study.

I'd say jap.
Wow. Very similar subjects...

Atarer

HSC
Oh, and while I'm here...

Does anybody know if...
ENGLISH EXTENSION I scales higher than PHYSICS?

Please respond, I'd like to know.
Thanks in advance :)

*Waves to tangent*
English extension 1 scales higher

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
2U english
3U maths
Chem
Economics
Legal studies

if i were u, i would choose physics

but i wouldnt choose legal ...i'd prefer Jap
u know, u can drop it after yr 11

3U maths?? GO FOR IT!!

=)

Atarer

HSC
thx for the advice everyone...... ^ ^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)