Physics + Maths Tuition from a Physics PhD Student (99+ ATAR, Usyd University Medal) (1 Viewer)

Mathsisfun15

HSC
I’m Joel, a friendly PhD student in Physics at the University of Sydney who has been tutoring High School students for over 4 years. I offer Preliminary and HSC Mathematics (Advanced, Extension 1 and Extension 2) and Physics tuition either in the Epping / Carlingford area or at the University of Sydney.

• I can drive to you if you live in Epping, Carlingford or adjacent suburbs (Eastwood, North Epping, etc.).
  • I also offer tutoring on campus at University of Sydney.
  • Additionally I offer zoom tutoring.

Experience:
- One-on-one High School tuition both privately and through a small company (now defunct) from 2016 to present.
- First year laboratory demonstrator and marker in Physics at UNSW from 2018 to present.
- First and second year tutor and marker in Physics at University of Sydney from 2020 to present.

Credentials:
- Completed HSC in 2015 with an ATAR of 99.55 and a Premiers All Rounder Award.
- Received marks of 100 in Extension 1 Mathematics, 94 in Extension 2 Mathematics and 94 in Physics.
- Completed Bachelor Science with Distinction in Physics from University of New South Wales (2016-18). Received all High Distinctions for the entirety of degree.
- Completed Honours year in Physics at University of Sydney (2019). Graduated with First Class Honours and the University Medal.
- I am currently a PhD student in Physics at the University of Sydney.

Rate:
  • $70 for 1 hour for face to face ($60 per hour for zoom tutoring)
  • I’m flexible to tutoring for multiple hours, or small class sizes of 2-3 students (provided students are at similar level). Please discuss these options over email.

Why I might not be the right fit for you / your child?
  • In my experience in a small portion of cases parents and their children have different expectations from tutoring. The old adage `practice makes perfect’ is especially true for Maths and the sciences. If a student lacks motivation to put the work in to improve then tutoring is a great waste of money for the parent, and waste of time for the parent, student and tutor alike.

Why I’m the right fit for you / your child?
  • I don’t believe in a one size fits all approach. I adapt my tutoring style to the needs of my students. I love working with students with a desire to improve.
  • I’m passionate about Physics and Mathematics both in theory and applications. I find it highly satisfying when students develop both an appreciation and understanding of these subjects.
  • I am happy and experienced at tutor students of a range of ability levels!

Thanks for taking the time to read my advertisement! I look forward to hearing you soon if you think I’m a good fit for you or your child :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)