physics paper thoughts if anyone remembers. (1 Viewer)

Jonneeh

HSC
I thought it was lols
Q24 and Q32 = epic bullshitting time ><"

Jonneeh

HSC
same

and how the hell do you draw the graph?
The Solenoid one

I just shifted the whole thing to the right abit
Flipped it and made the graph have higher amplitudes

not sure its correct, my logic was that it takes longer to reach the magnet, therefore takes longer to cause a reading.

Flipped because polarity changed, Higher amplitudes b/c it accelerates as it does down = greater change in flux hence greater voltage.

Correct me if im wrong

Last edited:
HSC
^ that seems like it would be somewhat right

man im happy I did the 2009 one and didnt have to do that one, but I know someone that did the 2010 physics paper and said it was really easy, so im a tad confused, I think maybe he just screwed everything up and didnt realise it

Jonneeh

HSC
^ that seems like it would be somewhat right

man im happy I did the 2009 one and didnt have to do that one, but I know someone that did the 2010 physics paper and said it was really easy, so im a tad confused, I think maybe he just screwed everything up and didnt realise it
I didnt think it was easy but it wasnt hard as contraditory as that sounds.
Its a test its not suppose to be easy or hard.

Physics_FTW

HSC
I thought it was lols
Q24 and Q32 = epic bullshitting time ><"
Q24 is to do with Lagrange points. I read that in the yr12 textbook.

Q32 even my Science teacher (who is the head Physics teacher) has nfi how that question can be marked for 8 marks

blackman217

HSC
ummmmm. i did what you guys did ^^ for the solenoid one...THEN I HAD A MAJOR FUCKING EPIPHANY THAT SAME NIGHT........the graph moves to the right and the amplitude increases , but the graph stays the same ( NO FLIP) ....what determines the direction of current is regardless of which side of the magnet drops ....thaats just my logicality....even though i immensely fucked up

Gold satin

HSC
Semi agree with OP. mc was good. core was terrible, the 8 marker fcked me over and so did the relativity and crt tv =/. The option was alright though I had to bs through some parts of the 7marker. D=

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I have to agree with the Second Section... it was peculiar, yet I have to also say that is was relatively easy except for some weird shitass questions in there.

Jonneeh

HSC
ummmmm. i did what you guys did ^^ for the solenoid one...THEN I HAD A MAJOR FUCKING EPIPHANY THAT SAME NIGHT........the graph moves to the right and the amplitude increases , but the graph stays the same ( NO FLIP) ....what determines the direction of current is regardless of which side of the magnet drops ....thaats just my logicality....even though i immensely fucked up
Wouldnt it flip because when the magnet is a north it induces an anticlockwise current to form a north pole at the top of the solenoid, and when the magnet is a south with will induce a clockwise current to form a south pole at the top of the solenoid. (According to Lenzs Law? and the right hand grip rule)

As a result the direction of the voltage should change?

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
IIRC langrange points are not a part of the HSC syllabus and i have no clue as to why our knowledge on them was tested. Similar story for the 8 marker.
Friend of mine who has a keen interest in astrophysics said he has read all about the these two areas said he's confident he will get full marks. Unfair advantage?

Jonneeh

HSC
IIRC langrange points are not a part of the HSC syllabus and i have no clue as to why our knowledge on them was tested. Similar story for the 8 marker.
Friend of mine who has a keen interest in astrophysics said he has read all about the these two areas said he's confident he will get full marks. Unfair advantage?
It would only be an unfair advantage if both of those questions had dotpoints within the Astrophysics Syllabus. Otherwise it would be a fluke and he was lucky to get those questions.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Q24 is the slingshot effect.

ie. Indeed it appear that Kepler's laws are being violated as r^3/T^2 is a constant value and 'r' is greater for the JWST. But JWST orbits near the Earth and so experiences gravitational attraction towards the Earth (as Earth has a much greater mass than the JWST). So it orbits with the same period as the Earth.

Good question. I like it. A good novice seperator.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
You really are a fool.

How many friends do you have?

random-1006

Banned
HSC
oi Aquawhite stop deleting my posts.

trying to make this fukin idiot look like the fool that he is

blackratpoo

HSC
Q24 is the slingshot effect.

ie. Indeed it appear that Kepler's laws are being violated as r^3/T^2 is a constant value and 'r' is greater for the JWST. But JWST orbits near the Earth and so experiences gravitational attraction towards the Earth (as Earth has a much greater mass than the JWST). So it orbits with the same period as the Earth.

Good question. I like it. A good novice seperator.
this was such a bad question imo. poorly explained. the way they describe it in the question makes it impossible to answer (with or without slingshot effect)...and i know this is what the question was getting at by saying use kepplers laws to show how the doesnt make sense but researching it, the JWST travels in an elliptical orbit and the question makes out like it travels in a circular orbit.

the fact of the matter is that the slingshot effect isnt strong enough to account for its orbit. it is rather the coupling of the slingshot effect with an elliptical orbit. gay ass question. astrophysics students were so fucking advantaged in this test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)