Physics vs Chemistry (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I like Chemistry because of the interesting practicals. Making an ester sold me =P

epicFAILx

HSC

Rather like Mathematics. A game too.

There are 12 hydrogens on the LHS but 2 hydrogens on the RHS. So what can we multiple the hydrogens on the right to make them "balanced"?

We can multiple by 6.

But wait, look what the nasty 6 has done to our oxygens. We now have 10 oxygens plus another 6 oxygens, making 16.

But only on the LHS we have 2 oxygens, so we multiple by 8.

i suppose chemistry has more maths than physics?

unknown88

HSC
N/A
i suppose chemistry has more maths than physics?
Chemistry doesn't really have mathematics lol besides simply calculations and molar combustion of alkanes. Personally l see physics alot easier then chem just simply because the calculations in chem are pretty farked at times lol.

epicFAILx

HSC
Chemistry doesn't really have mathematics lol besides simply calculations and molar combustion of alkanes. Personally l see physics alot easier then chem just simply because the calculations in chem are pretty farked at times lol.
what do you mean by.. faarked?
are they confuzzling?

Alkanes

HSC
Please don't use my name in vain. And chem calculations are not that bad. They're pretty fun.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Physics is easier and more interesting than Chem IMO, so much to memorize in Chem...

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
Chem = Harder but once you understand the background theory, it becomes very easy
Phys = Just know how to use the formulas and you'll do fine.

Tbh, If I sat in an exam right now for chem and phys, I'd score higher in phys since I'd just look at the formula sheet and get about 10 marks and maybe attempt some of the analyse/evaluate questions. As for chem, it'd be harder since you'd have to back yourself up with equations and have to know why things happen.

kangy93

HSC
I find both to be challenging in their own ways, and it really is a personal preference. With both sciences, the skills carry on despite the changing ideas, and for me, understanding abstract ideas was the most important skill I developed. I suggest trying to picture yourself in the classroom, and seeing which one you would prefer to strive in, rather than give up on if you found yourself in a pickle. Goodluck! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)