• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Piercings and Tattoos (1 Viewer)

Piercings and Tats

• I have piercings (state how many/where)

Votes: 515 54.1%
  • I have tattoos (what/where)

Votes: 32 3.4%
  • I have piercings and tattoos

Votes: 69 7.2%
  • I have neither.

Votes: 336 35.3%

• Total voters

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Skeeta said:
It depends on how much of a wuss you are. It didnt catch on my clothes, and it would only hurt if you knocked it. I would go to they gym, but avoid doing sit-ups.

And i dont know WHY it would hurt when you had sex, but unless he puts in it your belly button, you shoud be right.

heyy im getting it done on the weekend unless i chicken out! how long do you think it would normally take to be able to do sit ups? and i do kickboxing classes with heaps of bending and kicking and twisting kind of things do you think after 2 weeks i could go back to doing that?
im scared of having to move it when i clean it as well for some reason when i get a new piercing i get this paranoia that it will somehow "get stuck".

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
i got my upper cartilage done on a whim the other day, well a kind of whim anyway cos i was thinking about it for ages. if someone has one, did it get infected, and how long did it hurt for? it has been 10 days now and it is really fussy, i am on the verge of taking it out. it alternates between being insanely painful and insanely itchy. its driving me insane. i got it checked by the peircer and it isnt infected but im worried it will be

mine got infected the first time. not pretty. The second time its been fine! didnt even hurt. although it was a little itchy for the first about 3 days

Skeeta

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
heyy im getting it done on the weekend unless i chicken out! how long do you think it would normally take to be able to do sit ups? and i do kickboxing classes with heaps of bending and kicking and twisting kind of things do you think after 2 weeks i could go back to doing that?
im scared of having to move it when i clean it as well for some reason when i get a new piercing i get this paranoia that it will somehow "get stuck".
After two weeks you should be fine. I would think it;d be okay after about three or four days, but it depends on if you are a COMPLETE wuss or not.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
i just booked to get my belly pierced :p
how much's it gonna cost you?
i'm getting mine done at a place in newtown, not sure how much it'll end up being (i probably wont be paying all of it, but still). i got a quote for $80 inc jewellry at a place down in the gong...i'm hoping newtown wont be too much

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Skeeta said:
After two weeks you should be fine. I would think it;d be okay after about three or four days, but it depends on if you are a COMPLETE wuss or not.
how long do you think till you can do situps? do you think situps might make it reject?

oh and I am a complete wuss :p The first couple of times i cleaned my cartilage piercing i needed to literally stop and sit on the bathroom floor because a combination of the pain and theyuckiness was making me so queasy i was going dizzy.and i was really bothered by it for about 3 weeks. and it STILL goes through sore days now.

Alby, mine will be $80 including the jewellery and i think this is kind of standardish. there is a place here on the coast that does half price piercings on tuesday for 'cheap arse tuesday' but its heaps dodgy. if you are looking around for the best place and price, just make sure you go to somewhere good and clean cos especially with belly buttons if they dont pierce it well it can reject.
that happened to my best friend (she got it at the dodgy place for cheap) and she has a massive scar what happened was the bar grew closer and closer to her skin til she could see the bar right under her skin, and then only a tiny flap of skin was holding it in and then one night she heard a tiny clank, looked down and saw the belly bar, she was looking for the little balls on the end and she realised they were still attached to the bar and it had ripped straight out and she had 2 flaps of skin left :S
Also it is $15 extra if you want a numbing patch where i am going

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
go_swans said:
mine got infected the first time. not pretty. The second time its been fine! didnt even hurt. although it was a little itchy for the first about 3 days
i thoughtmine was infected cos my ear was so swollen it would have been comical, if it wasnt so sore, but the piercer thinks she nicked a tiny little cappillary or something and thats why it was so shit

alby

cool duckie
HSC
the place i'm going is pretty reputable...they have specials and stuff, but they're not dodgy
do you reckon you'll need the numbing patch? i have a high pain threshold thesedays when i injure myself, but i'm not sure about piercings..i havent had any done since i got my ears done at 8 (and i only screamed caus the guns scared me)

Skeeta

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
how long do you think till you can do situps? do you think situps might make it reject?
I dont think it will make it reject or anythig. its more the pain than anything. They actually tell you to move it around when you clean it, so its not going to be a problem. I just wouldnt get it "hit" (with contact sports etc)

I got mine like, 5 or 6 years ago so i dont exactly remember everything anymore. But i didnt have any major problems. Its like any other peircing though, theres an initial healing stage (like forming a scab), then a proper healing stage. I took it out a while ago because i was sick of it, but my stomoach is looking firm lately so I'm thinking about putting it back in. Wil go back to the peircer to get it re-opened mehbbeh.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
might be getting a vertical labret done with a friend for her birthday.
and coz one of my lip piercings closed up when i took out the bar to work for 3hrs.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I woke up the morning i was gonna get my belly done with one nasty sore angry cartilage piercing. It is recovering but I am not keen to get anything else done for a while :(

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
whilest youre healing one piercing, its best advised not to get another pirecing done.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
whilest youre healing one piercing, its best advised not to get another pirecing done.

ohhh...but I need it NOW :p.

Ive had my ear for over 2 months and I think it is nearly healed anyway, it just flared up that day for some reason. I changed my jewellery in it do atiny diamond yesterday and oh, I am such a happy little panda about it

careee

HSC
i gots a tongue piercing and lower belly piercing.
everyones got their upper belly pierced.. its too typical.. i had it at one stage and my body completely rejected the metal coz i yanked on it (accidently) a few times.
my lower belly is fudging up now =( yanked it a few weeks ago and its been sore ever since..
to those with infections and piercing that wont heal up.. i suggest converting to a bioplast bar. its not metal.. some sort of plastic material, but supposedly the body doesnt react as harshly.
i have yet to try it coz im a bit tight on the moolah atm. --;; lols
if someone has tried it, let me know how it goes?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
urghgh i went into a different piercing shop today cos my train was delayed, to have a look at what belly bars i can change it to when its fully healed. the piercer came and started chatting to me cos there was no one in the store and asked to have a look at my belly when i told her i had gotten it done. She says its crooked, pierced to shallow, and the gem stone on it is to heavy and will put to much pressure and make it hard to heal :( I'm not sure if Ishould listen to her, because the lady that did mine seems pretty good, she had a ton of certificates and she used to be a theatre nurse and maybe this lady is just cranky cos i didnt go to her. and WHAT a downer, I was stoked about the piercing and now the excitement has fizzled a bit.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
careee said:
to those with infections and piercing that wont heal up.. i suggest converting to a bioplast bar. its not metal.. some sort of plastic material, but supposedly the body doesnt react as harshly.
i have yet to try it coz im a bit tight on the moolah atm. --;; lols
if someone has tried it, let me know how it goes?
hey i nearly got the bio flex bar,
the piercer advised against it and siad its only really good if you have an allergy to the surgical steel or titanium. apparently because its plastic it bends and flicks more inside you and has a tendency to stick out and get caught on clothes, especially if you do a lot of bending and stuff and thats not good or fun.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
melimoo said:
oh and i want my tragus done and the cartilage bit on the inside flat bit of yr ear (poss a conch?)
lol when i got my belly done the piercing of the week ($10) was conch...i wonder why :p
Ranger Stacie said:
She says its crooked, pierced to shallow, and the gem stone on it is to heavy and will put to much pressure and make it hard to heal I'm not sure if Ishould listen to her, because the lady that did mine seems pretty good, she had a ton of certificates and she used to be a theatre nurse and maybe this lady is just cranky cos i didnt go to her. and WHAT a downer, I was stoked about the piercing and now the excitement has fizzled a bit.
mine looks a bit crooked if i look straight down at it, but my piercer told me (when he was marking it up) you've got to remember to look at it in line with the middle of your body caus noone's belly buttons are perfectly symmetrical...so as long as YOU think its straight (look in a mirror) then dont worry about what some random piercer has to say. as for her saying its too shallow, i can feel the bar under my skin when i'm cleaning it, but unless you can actually see the outline of it or something i wouldnt be worried at all. any real worries, call/see your piercer or doc

i'm still pretty much in the excited stage, i've had mine for 1.5 weeks. only thing is my top ball gets bumped a bit caus of work (BABYsitting..literally) and general bending, so the skin around the top hole is still pretty pink and still quite tender...i wonder how long it'll take to heal a bit more (havent noticed any puss/crusty-ness yet)

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
melimoo said:
looooooook pretty!

oh and i want my tragus done and the cartilage bit on the inside flat bit of yr ear (poss a conch?)
Wow those legs go on forever! no wait they stop right there.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
alby said:
lol when i got my belly done the piercing of the week ($10) was conch...i wonder why :p

mine looks a bit crooked if i look straight down at it, but my piercer told me (when he was marking it up) you've got to remember to look at it in line with the middle of your body caus noone's belly buttons are perfectly symmetrical...so as long as YOU think its straight (look in a mirror) then dont worry about what some random piercer has to say. as for her saying its too shallow, i can feel the bar under my skin when i'm cleaning it, but unless you can actually see the outline of it or something i wouldnt be worried at all. any real worries, call/see your piercer or doc

i'm still pretty much in the excited stage, i've had mine for 1.5 weeks. only thing is my top ball gets bumped a bit caus of work (BABYsitting..literally) and general bending, so the skin around the top hole is still pretty pink and still quite tender...i wonder how long it'll take to heal a bit more (havent noticed any puss/crusty-ness yet)

ooh so its normal if it is a bit pink? Ive had mine for 3 days (since monday) and it was a normal colour except today i noticed its gone a bit pink around the top ball as well. does yours hurt when you clean it? I was getting really stressed thinking im getting a horrible infection. does yours ever get sore in the day? can you lie down on it yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)