Piercings and Tattoos (2 Viewers)

Piercings and Tats

• I have piercings (state how many/where)

Votes: 515 54.1%
  • I have tattoos (what/where)

Votes: 32 3.4%
  • I have piercings and tattoos

Votes: 69 7.2%
  • I have neither.

Votes: 336 35.3%

• Total voters

kfnmpah

HSC
sweet.

anyone know how long before it can be open, with bandage removed?
after about 20 minutes of getting it done, you take the bandage off and wash it with warm soapy water and apply sorbolene cream or bepanthen. for a few weeks, wash it with warm soapy water a couple of times a day, pat dry and apply sorbolene/bepanthen until all the scabs have come off.
Some of the colour may come off when your scab peels(like there will be colour on your scab), but that's normal.

do you even know what a rune is?

---

why a visible rose on your forearm? if you're becoming a teacher
haha i was kidding about google translate

I don't see a rose tattoo getting in the way of me finding a job, particularly because i want to work in a public school.

It's not only associated with my grandmother, when I was little me and my dad would work in the garden together, planting/pruning roses/gardenias and, to me, it also represents strength, love and family which, without, i wouldn't be here right now.

LonelyWolf

HSC
after about 20 minutes of getting it done, you take the bandage off and wash it with warm soapy water and apply sorbolene cream or bepanthen. for a few weeks, wash it with warm soapy water a couple of times a day, pat dry and apply sorbolene/bepanthen until all the scabs have come off.
Some of the colour may come off when your scab peels(like there will be colour on your scab), but that's normal.
ah right, I'm worried because I'm hoping to get it done in less than a month, but I've got schoolies so not to sure how it will weather in that week

LonelyWolf

HSC
What about getting line translating to 'honour' ?

I was thinking of getting something simple like that. ideas?

kfnmpah

HSC
ah right, I'm worried because I'm hoping to get it done in less than a month, but I've got schoolies so not to sure how it will weather in that week
You need to keep it out of the sun/put sunscreen on it and i remember reading something about not submerging it in water...
google fat ink newcastle, i know they have a big 'aftercare' section on their website

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
If I've read the last few posts right, I'd recommend definitely not getting anything in a language you don't yourself fluently understand

LonelyWolf

HSC
Efore you get your tattoo,...

There are a few important things to remember.for your tattoo to heal well, your health needs to be intact before getting tattooed.

* be sure to drink lots of water before yoiur appontment.
* be sure your system is clear of drugs and alcohol as these may inhibit the
healiing process. Consider this moreso at a minimum of 48 hrs before your
appontment
* be sure to moisturise the area a couple of times a day leading up to your
appointment. Your skin will accept the ink a lot easier.
* before your appontment make sure the area to be tattooed has been cleaned
properly. Otherwise you may find yourself with an infection you try to blame
your artist for.

After youve been tattooed...

* remove the covering around 20 mins after youve finished.

* wash the area with an antibacterial soap and warm water..this will remove any
remaining vaseline and blood. Washing the area at least twice a day is strongly
encouraged.

* quick showers are ok, but any type of immersion in water such as pools, spas
ocean, baths etc will not an any way be good for your tattoo. Do not soak the
tattoo, but a quick wash with soap is essential.

* pat dry and leave uncovered leave uncovered after washing.

* apply sorbolene cream 3-4 times a day with 'clean' hands. Apply enough to prevent
the tattoo from drying right out. Do not smother your tattoo.
If the tattoo has any heavier scabs, feel free to apply bepanthen cream or paw
paw cream.. Otherwise sorbolene is more than ok. Washing the tattoo a couple
of times a day will remove remanents of the applied cream, pat dry and reaply.

* as the tattoo is healing ,the skin will begin to peel. Do not pick or pull at this skin.
Let it fall off in its own time. Sometimes the scab that is falling off contains the
colour of the tattoo underneath. Dont worry, this is completely normal.

* even after the scab is completely gone, your tattoo has not finished healing. Keep
applying sorbolene once or twice a day for a couple of more weeks.just to make sure your fresh tattoo settles in nicely.

* your new tattoo needs to be kept out of direct sunlight for about 6 weeks.
Any exposure in this time may affect the final outcome of your tattoo. If you
are going to expose your tattoo to sun after 6 weeks, dont forget to cover it
liberally with sunscreen. Remeber, the sun from now on is your tattoos enemy.

* if there is any concerns with the final product,be sure to contact us within 3
months. We are more than happy to give you any advice you need ,or to remedy
any concerns you have. It is not resonable to walk back into the shop 6-12 months
later and expect any touch ups etc at our expense. In saying that,fat ink
guarantees it work and expects that its customers are happy with theyre final
product.

Other important info on tattooing....

When it comes to tattooing there are things to remember.it is a procedure that involves skin penetration. And while we can take all the precautions
necessary to ensure your tattoo is healthy, the main part of the healing process lies in your hands. So please take note of the above instructions and make sure you remember that a fresh tattoo has to be clean.

Backyard tattooing...

The term 'backyard tattooing' refers to those who tattoo at home. Usually in loungerooms ,kitchen tables etc.
The problem with this practice is that the procedures follow no regulations that are usually practiced in a licenced premises.. The operators have little to no regard to the health and safety of the person receiving the tattoo and usually the finish of the tattoo.
They have no experience in combatting cross contamination and are pretty much responsible for most cases of hepatitus and other blood borne diseases including hiv.

Some of these unscrupulous operators are conducting 'tattoo parties' which typically spread diseases quickly and easily.
But it should be pointed out that this sort of tattooing is a 'main factor' in tattooing receiving a questionable reputation in regards to disease.

Just because someone appears to have the 'proper stuff' does not mean they are equipped to safely apply a tattoo to you in any way.
A realistic looking tattoo machine, packet needles and tubes,gloves etc does not in any way ensure your safety.
Cheap tattoo rubbish is being sold on the net and this means any idiot can have a go on their mates.
Just remember tattooing is forever, and if youre too cheap to spend money on a proper one, then youre
probably better off to steer clear all together.

LonelyWolf

HSC
If I've read the last few posts right, I'd recommend definitely not getting anything in a language you don't yourself fluently understand
Good point. I'm still confident in my translation as i already have prior knowledge of it, but i still skeptical, i just wish there was a person i could properly contact

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
my tattoo was the absolute worst for healing. Took forever so I started taking vitamin E supplements and that worked great.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
mine was just a pain in the bum because it was in between my legs.

kfnmpah

HSC
Good point. I'm still confident in my translation as i already have prior knowledge of it, but i still skeptical, i just wish there was a person i could properly contact
maybe see if there are any academics at a uni you could email?

mine was just a pain in the bum because it was in between my legs.
what is your tattoo of? how long did it take to heal fully?

LonelyWolf

HSC
maybe see if there are any academics at a uni you could email?
Yeah, I've trhought about it. But I doubt very very much that anyone would know. Maybe i'll just surf the net looking for someone to contact

HSC
N/A
Hmm, all that info.
How the hell do I have a shower then, wut. < semisrs.
Plus I don't go out in the sun [hardly ever] anyway, so that's covered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)