Pimples Help (1 Viewer)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
Always said:
Next time grab a piece of fruit or a nuts instead! :) Honestly after awhile you won't even miss junk food.
thats a good idea

robo-andie

HSC
dora_18 said:
Oratane is right:)
but yeah,
both oratance and roaccutane are nasty though, they work magic but they're nasty! and you'll either be a person who has very few side effects or you'll experience some really awlful shit. You have to get blood work done all the time to test liver function and you cant drink...and its pretty annoying...
but like said its worth it because then you look perrrrrrrrrty
:uhhuh:

Nose bleeds are the worst...

dora_18

HSC
Always said:
Next time grab a piece of fruit or a nuts instead! Honestly after awhile you won't even miss junk food
haha, yes you do!!the cravings get even worse

i can't imagine living without junk, and people who say that junk causes pimples dont know what they're talking about. There is no connection between hormonal control and oil production in the skin and eating for eg a chocolate bar. I eat junk food all the time(not literally) and dont get pimples, and some of my friends have a very clean diet and have bad acne.

I mean a good diet helps overall health, so by all means stick to one, but it won't influence whether you break out tomorrow morning or not. And in many cases things like chocolate are good for you, they increase endorphins, and endorphins make you happy! and that is so true, im very satisfied after eating a chocolate bar:p

dora_18

HSC
Nose bleeds are the worst...
no...i think the worst is having to be sent for CAT scans and ultrasounds becuase your GP suspects liver damage even though you aren't presenting with any real symptoms!

oddly enough..i never had nose bleeds

i would go on it again in a second though...awesome stuff

robo-andie

HSC
dora_18 said:
no...i think the worst is having to be sent for CAT scans and ultrasounds becuase your GP suspects liver damage even though you aren't presenting with any real symptoms!

oddly enough..i never had nose bleeds

i would go on it again in a second though...awesome stuff
I had a bit of blood work done... but that was it.. I never got that scarey stuff... (CAT scans n the like).

I didn't like the little brochure which warned me that if I coloured my hair I put myself at a greater risk of losing hair.. I was like ... :( my beautiful hair...

dora_18

HSC
haha yup, i didn't go to my hairdresser in months...
severe deprevation!

dora_18

HSC
that and my gp and dermo gave me pregnancy tests all the time even though i told them 100x i wasn't having sex...

I guess they just didn't believe me!!
how rude...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
^^^ :confused: can they do that? i'd be offended / feel stupid.

dora_18

HSC
they sure can, i didnt really care, it was a part of my normal monthy test anyway, so they did it along with the other 100 things they checked for. Its so they dont get sued if you DO fall pregnant, even though they make you sign a contract before you start taking the medication that you won't hold the prescribing doctor liable if you do fall pregnant and your child is born without legs or a head-considering roaccutane/oratane are terotagenic....

im imagining they like to cover as many bases as possible

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
dora_18 said:
haha yup, i didn't go to my hairdresser in months...
severe deprevation!
Yes, well, it beats going to the hairdresser and having to stare downwards the whole time because looking up at the mirror is depressing because of your face. I'm pretty sure about that.

I'm also pretty sure the junk food is a myth, never been any correlation for me.

dora_18

HSC
Yes, well, it beats going to the hairdresser and having to stare downwards the whole time because looking up at the mirror is depressing because of your face. I'm pretty sure about that
very true...and now i cant stop looking at myself when i go to the hairdresser...or stare at myself in any mirror....
no i joke, im not that vain

ribeena

HSC
if u havent got bad acne i would recomment using loreal microdermibrasion kit..
its bout $25
and it has helped to remove the scars and makes ur face really smooth

tlodg

HSC
N/A
ribeena said:
if u havent got bad acne i would recomment using loreal microdermibrasion kit..
its bout $25
and it has helped to remove the scars and makes ur face really smooth
do you have to keep using it

dora_18

HSC
you'd be better off gettng it done at a dermetologist,
it works much better and it feels amazing:D

robo-andie

HSC
dora_18 said:
that and my gp and dermo gave me pregnancy tests all the time even though i told them 100x i wasn't having sex...

I guess they just didn't believe me!!
how rude...
I felt left out for a moment then...

well, before I realised I was male and didn't get pregnant - thus why I didn't need to be tested....

hangovers are a bitch.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Question:
I have maybe 6 really nasty pimples JUST ON MY CHIN all month long. They sit there, blind and huge, for days. The rest of my skin is fine, and my chin's not oily or anything so I'm guessing they're hormonal pimples. If my diet was causing them, they'd be all over my face, right?

Do doctors only give the pill+pimplefixer to people with acne? Or would I be able to have it, too?

I need to see the GP soon to get a new script for my pill, so it would be nice if I could clear up my damn chin while I'm at it.

Always

HSC
dora_18 said:
haha, yes you do!!the cravings get even worse

i can't imagine living without junk, and people who say that junk causes pimples dont know what they're talking about. There is no connection between hormonal control and oil production in the skin and eating for eg a chocolate bar. I eat junk food all the time(not literally) and dont get pimples, and some of my friends have a very clean diet and have bad acne.

I mean a good diet helps overall health, so by all means stick to one, but it won't influence whether you break out tomorrow morning or not. And in many cases things like chocolate are good for you, they increase endorphins, and endorphins make you happy! and that is so true, im very satisfied after eating a chocolate bar:p
Like I said before, if you don't have bad skin to start off with then eating junk food won't make you break out. There are many people who don't get pimples at all but they still have uneven skin tone and big pores. I think that must be the result of a poor diet. But whatever works for you I guess.

By the way, I don't crave junk food at all! In fact eating it makes me feel sick. :s

robo-andie

HSC
scarybunny said:
Question:
I have maybe 6 really nasty pimples JUST ON MY CHIN all month long. They sit there, blind and huge, for days. The rest of my skin is fine, and my chin's not oily or anything so I'm guessing they're hormonal pimples. If my diet was causing them, they'd be all over my face, right?

Do doctors only give the pill+pimplefixer to people with acne? Or would I be able to have it, too?

I need to see the GP soon to get a new script for my pill, so it would be nice if I could clear up my damn chin while I'm at it.
Do you touch your chin often?

I know I would have more pimples on the left side of my face where I rested it in my hands all the time, than anywhere else.

Avoid touching your face with your hands so that there isn't a constant transfer of nasty oils and dirts.

If something as simple as that doesn't sound like it would be the problem (or make the problem worse perhaps), I'd consult someone who knows what they are talking about - the faithful GP.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
robo-andie said:
Do you touch your chin often?

I know I would have more pimples on the left side of my face where I rested it in my hands all the time, than anywhere else.

Avoid touching your face with your hands so that there isn't a constant transfer of nasty oils and dirts.

If something as simple as that doesn't sound like it would be the problem (or make the problem worse perhaps), I'd consult someone who knows what they are talking about - the faithful GP.
hmm I don't have pimples where I rest my hand, and I avoid touching my chin because those few pimples hurt a lot. But I tend to brush my chin with my hand to see if any of my pimples have grown a head. I'm a picker, it's a bad habit.

I'll try not to touch them, but I'll still ask the GP while I'm there. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)