PIP questionnaire (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammytesta

HSC
Could you please fill in my pip questionnaire would be greatly appriciated.
thanks.

lychnobity

HSC
1) 17
2) M
3) Samsung SGH-E210
4) 7 years
5) 30-50
6) no
7) talking, sms, time, camera
8) no
9) $0-10
10) prepaid
11) no
12) no
13) 35h
14) Yes, because it makes everyone lazy - less effort and too many damned online friends whose names you don't know.
15) no
16) 4

shifty-Asian

HSC
1) 16
2) F
3) Nokia
4) 5 years
5) 30/week
6) Yes
7) Talking, SMS, taking pictures, Internet (entertainment)
8) On rare occassions, if i need to message my parents or someone who is not at school.
9) $19
10) Plan, capped. ($19/month for $150)
11) No
12) No
13)50-60 hrs/week.
14) Yes. Anti-social, bad vocabulary, dependent (all answers can be Googled), the way they communicate/not communicate(?) in reality may be seen as rude. (e.g mp3 players plugged in). Always communicate through phone, MSN and social networking sites; no face-to-face communication, might affect ability to make friends in reality. We get bored easily. Alot of teens use their mobile phones, listen to music and go onto Facebook, myspace, etc. during class time- affects their education. We can easily portray ourselves to be something we're not through the Internet, eg. Photoshopped pictures.
15) Yes, they tell me to get off when it's getting late- 12.
16) 7. I really want new, faster technology with more space, etc. But it's not like I can afford any so I just stick to my old phone and computer. So it's important to me, but it's not like I'm going to go out of my way to get it; I can only admire from afar. Besides, if i ever were to purchase new technology it'd get outdated really fast. -___-"

Crashy19

HSC
1. 18+
2. female
3. samsung
4. 6years
5. $6-$10
6. yes
7. talking, sms
8. only check it
9. $11-$20 mostly
10. pre-paid
11. no
12. yes
13. probably around 20
14. yes. it is- 'do this so we can put it on the internet' mentality-both showing off and getting attention. also, people are meeting more and more people on the internet through networking and so are meeting more people- lowering the whole 'stranger danger' that was drilled into our heads when we were younger
15. not really now that i have my own computer. but also, i have work to do on there
16. on the scale is about 8. it provides so much information to be transmitted and helps communication so well. emails and that help avoid the chasing of people (eg. calling them and they miss it, they call you back and you miss it) but technology is also able to be done without to some degree- it reduces person to person contact

laura898

HSC
1. 17-18
2. Female
3. Samsung
4. 2yrs
5. 50
6. mobile.
7. All.
8. Yes sometimes. to check it. or to text someone if its urgent.
9.$30
10. pre-paid
11. nope
12. yes
13. around 35 -40
14. Yes to a certain degree. Becoming more anti-social, use of bad grammar etc. though having said that, I believe I have a great social life outside my laptop, mobile, msn etc. I spend most of my weekend with my friends and more often than not prefer to call someone to ask them something rather than text it. Though I said that bad grammar can result from having too much contact with technology, I again believe myself to have good grammar. Bad grammar, in any form (even on msn and text messages) annoys me. So yes, I believe technology affects some teenagers more than others.
15. Yes and no. If it is getting late they will tell me to get off my laptop and go to bed. But they don't restrict the amount of hours i spend. They understand if I have study, or an assessment task coming up that requires the use if the computer, and they adjust accordingly.
16. About and 8. Technology is vital for today's ever changing society. Without it we would be lost. It is a vital communication tool for teenagers, adults and the elderly. The internet has changed the way we communicate. Where once letters were the chosen form, email is now the norm, being the easiest way to communicate with someone almost instantaneously.

Hope some of this helps.
Laura
:)

sunsettah

HSC
1. 17-18
2. Female
3. Motorola, it's shit as.. always turning itself off.. just like the last two.
4. Since I was in year 7. So 4 or 5 years or so.
5. I have 1c text, which means I texts HEAPS. Probably around 20-500 texts a week, depending.. i mean only coz it's so cheap.
6. I'm trying to make sure that isn't the case, it messes up relationships too much.. but texting is a main way for me. As with facebook for family.
8. Facebook, sms.
9. Yeah, if I'm texting someone, not instead of doing work though.
10. 11-20 dollars
11. pre-paid
12. EXTREMELY, and it's a massive problem because people are so much more brave and aggressive behind a mobile phone, internet site.
13. a 7 day week probably adds up to about to 5 to 10 hours.
14. They have become anti-social in real life. Focusing on facebook, etc. They use it to harrass people, and it's causing a lot of problems because people are saying things they're too scared to say. They're also becoming less confident in face to face encounters, instead choosing to 'write it in an email'
15. Yes, mine do. Although not as much as they think they do. i know the computer password.. they don't know I know.. It's pretty amicable at the moment though.
16. It would probably be around a 6?
I can do without the internet easily, but my mobile phone has become pretty essential.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
1) 16
2) female
3) nokia 7210 supernova
4) just over 3 years
5) between 40 and 50 txts per week
6) yep haha exactly those three
7) SMS, talking, taking photos, listening to music
8) yes, because i either want to take photos, videos, or txt friends in other classes haha
9) i do a $30 recharge every 8 weeks or so, and get $60 worth of stuff.... so about $30 a month
10) prepaid
11) a little bit... just stuff like dog messages in my truthbox on myspace, or internet fights... yeah
12) laptop
13) wayyy too much.... probs like 20-30 hrs :S
14) yes in a way... some people who like play too much computer games get withdrawn from real life and they become socially inept
15) nope
16) 10. i use it everyday haha id prob die without it :)

Miss Code

HSC
Questionnaire

1. How old are you?

17-18

2. Are you male or female?
female

3. What type of mobile do you own? Eg Motorola, Nokia
____________ moterola hiptop

4. How long have owned a mobile for? (Counting previous mobile phones)
______________ since year 6

5. On average how many text messages do you send per week?

_____________ um a couple hundred?

6. Is your mobile, msn messenger and myspace your main sources of communicating?
________________ and facebook, now because of the HSC really have no time

7. What things do you use your mobile for?
¨ Internet
¨ Myspace/facebook
¨ Talking
¨ SMS
¨email

8. Do you use your mobile during class time? If yes, why?
because the schools systems so cracked down on i use it to google information that cant be gatherd on the schools computers________________________________________________

¨ $31 - $40

10. Are you plan or pre-paid? ____________
plan
11. Have you ever been cyber bullied?
guess so
12. Do you have a computer/laptop in your room?
yes
13. On average how many hours do you spend on the computer per week? ___________
way to many, right now with studying 50?
14. Do you think technology has taken over the way adolescents behave? Please explain.
________________________________yes, it changes physical communication_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

15. Do your parents have any say in how many hours you spend online?
____________nope, i have a laptop in my room and a plan that i pay for so they cant really say_______________________________________

16. How important is the new technology to you on a scale of 1 to 10 and why. (1 being the lowest 10 being the highest)
___10 maybe as it allows you to understand things more then what books do as its more indated instead of outdated.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
1. How old are you?

female

motorola

6 years

not many, say about 15. i prefer to call.

6. Is your mobile, msn messenger and myspace your main sources of communicating?
msn and facebook.

¨ calling
¨ texting
- telling the time

sometimes. texting people.

9. On average how much money do you spend on your mobile per month?

¨ $25

10. Are you plan or pre-paid?
prepaid

not really

yes

13. On average how many hours do you spend on the computer per week?
25ish?

14. Do you think technology has taken over the way adolescents behave? Please explain.
hell yeah. get home and on goes facebook and msn. less outdoors. big procrastination tool.

not really

16. How important is the new technology to you on a scale of 1 to 10 and why. (1 being the lowest 10 being the highest)

9, useful for info + communication, but horrible for procrastination

Brontecat

HSC
1. How old are you?

female

some $79 telstra one

2 years

yes, minus the mobile

never use it

see previous comment

9. On average how much money do you spend on your mobile per month?

$0.00

10. Are you plan or pre-paid? ____________
its a prepaid phone that cam with $20 credit that i never use

nope

sometimes, is a laptop so i take it wherever

13. On average how many hours do you spend on the computer per week?
no idea but id average at least 26 hours

yeh cause everything is atyour fingertips like information and stuff so we probably have less patience and its also common to just be talking to ur friends and their not totally focused on you like their listening to their ipod in one ear and texting with their mobile

not rlly i usually say its homework and they want me to do my homework so i get away with as much time as i want + we have unlimited broadband so when we exceed our download it only reduces our speed so they dont rlly care cause its not costing extra money

9 - its way easier to do school stuff and to keep in touch with people that love hours away from me

lovenotwar

HSC
1) 17
2) F
3) Nokia
4) 5 years
5) 15-20
6) yes
7) talking, sms
8) only occasionaly, i would more except its a school rule not to
9) $11-$20
10) prepaid
11) no
12) yes, a laptop. its not mine, its my dads but he doesnt use it and its just easier for school work etc
13) 15 hours
14) In aspects of communication behaviour is definitly altered but in other areas of behaviour not so much
15) no
16) 6 - i use technology on a daily basis but do not depend on it as a source of all my entertainment, communciation etc - there are other means.

Cerry

HSC
1. 18+
2. Female
3. Nokia
4. 5 years
5. 10-20. Sometimes more, if I'm trying to organise something with friends.
6. Of those three, mobile. But I probably use email more than that.
7. Talking, SMS
8. Used to occassionally, if plans changed (like a class being cancelled), and the only time I had to tell my parents was during another class.
9. I usually only use about $20 of credit, but I spend more ($30 or $50), because otherwise it expires, which is a pain in the ass.
10. Pre-paid
11. No
12. Yes
13. 30ish. More if I have uni assignments that need doing
14. In all fairness, most adolescents don't really remember a time before technology like the internet and mobile phones were easily available, so it's not like we really functioned without it.
15. Not really. If they need me to do something, I'll get off the computer and do it, but other than that, it's not really something that they feel the need to control.
16. 5. Most new technology isn't really new any longer, it's just an upgrade of stuff that already exists. I pretty much only upgrade when my old technology no longer works properly.

amyrowe

HSC
Questionnaire
1.17-18

2. female

3. Motorola

4. seven years

5. 40

6. yeah, not msn or myspace though..just mobile

7. sms and talking, plus its my alarm

8. sometimes, to text

9. prob about $30

10. prepaid

11. not really (you should prob clarify this term)

12. yeah but not internet

13. maybe 6...not sure

14. to an extent..this question is really unclear.

15. yeah

16. how important is it to what? me? transnational corporations? nokia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)