PLaying Games during the HSC (1 Viewer)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
depends

My friends played the Starcraft 2 BETA and I was so tempted to join them. Literally 2 weeks before HSC exams started I gave in and bought Starcraft 2 and played for a bit =(

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't game unless I have other people to play it with, so I usually play trivial games or ones in which there are a lot of players, and often they're also online - I like the Wii.

In short, I barely gamed at all so probably around the 2 hours every other week. Playing games 3 hours a week would be fine, in my eyes, you need something to release your stress and something to chill on; mine was often just lazing about, listening to music, reading or watching tv.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
when it felt like i had enough of studying

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
i definitely played more than 3 hours a week in those few weeks before the HSC exams. but if you're aiming for less than 3 hours a week then that's really good

Chevalier

FutureGazer
HSC
I played games about 2-3 times a wk in the months, then wks leading up to the hsc, then it was about 4 times a wk during the hsc exam period itself haha; its good for calming the nerves and works in some way to alleviating exam guilt but of course don't expect to get a 99 ATAR by doing so :p

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I went cold turkey 1st week of the last holidays. =]

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
3 hours a week is fine. MSN is a problem for me D:

HSC
Uni Grad
well as long as you can control your addiction to games that's fine xD

I'll be playing pokemon black and white during HSC :p

matthewpwnsyou1

HSC
I solved my gaming adiction (year 12 now) 3 weeks ago i got my self banned from my fav game on purpose as i was addicted then i just started playing another game which i unistalled a week ago
-i occasionally miss them i just try not to think about it...

-Atm Whirlpool, Bos , Msn , Facebook i spent way 2 much time on but its easier to multitask im actually getting alot of study done now

FYI in term 4 last year i was playing Atleast 60 hours a week and my results suffered.
if you can have self control then 3 hours is great but if u got addicted like me then i had to cut it off and go cold turkey!

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm glad i didn't play WoW throughout the HSC

probably would've ended up with 47 ATAR or something

K

khorne

It's fine lol...As long as you do like...3-4 hours a night of study, who gives a shit what else you do.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Hahahahahaha.....well. I study, and I game? ;) Yeah, bit too addicted to Dota, WoW, and LoL. And Pokemon white / black will soon be released and it's like ughh. Oh well, if I'm going to endure the torture of this year I might as well have some fun. n_n

But in all serious; I don't play that intense. If I have nothing to do / taking a break then sure I'll play some. But I have enough self control to stop and concentrate on school for a while. With half yearlies incoming, I have already started to study a bit more rather than gaming.

I also find that it's either gaming or via running that I lose much of my stress. So, not only is it good entertainment but it is also good for my mentality. So in answer to your question OP, if you have some amount of self control than gaming shouldn't be an issue at all. Have you goals in mind, and have the ability to make the decision to study rather than play games.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm glad a quit DotA. Though I do look forward to playing Dota 2 on Steam after HSC.

HSC
I play a lot of games, I do up to 5 hours a week in my study breaks!
I'm personally a big fan of it.. so much better then big addictions like facebook.
As long as your doing 4 hours a night, nothing else you do really matters in my opinion.. unless it's like drugs or something.. thats a problem..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)