• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Playing sport against girls... (1 Viewer)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Hypothetical:

So I am playing my girlfriend at pool. Or maybe just a potential girlfriend/whatever.

Now, i am a varley proficient pool player and she is a female (nuff said.

Do I play intentionally kind of spastic and make it a close game at the risk of her realising and crushing her self esteem,

or do I annihilate the bitch reinforcing my masculinity whilst simultaneously showing off my uber skills?

Same applies for the tennis game i have tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Pool = slaughter
Tennis = keep a rally going...but still slaughter.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
1. It's a hypothetical

2. Pool is the sport of Kings (the aristocracy, not the school)

3. Because it is really clever and witty.

HSC
N/A
Don't be afraid to play at "normal" standard for you. However, don't rub it in her face totally either - maybe take the opportunity to teach her how to play better as well? :) So long as it's a game of personal bests (with you helping her :p) then it's all good :)

The alternative is to play badly so that she wins, but that could be a bit corny... lol

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
who cares, y do u have to adjust yourself for ur girlfriend? or why does she have to adjust herself 4 u? both ppl should play how they would normally play. if they r suck or win who cares, it shud be reality if u want a proper bf/gf..ur choices but yea, i wouldnt fake it.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
'Accidently' hammer the serve in just hard enough to cause bleeding, then you can be there to comfort here => secks.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
play fair. say you win the first game...but then let her win the second, or vicce versa. Then agree your both equal. If this girl is a "potential girlfriend" as you say she is, then you gotta show there's equality in the world. Chicks dig that. I do lol If you both win, you're showing her that you understand that females can be just as good as males.

And maybe after she wins the 2nd game, act upset and when she asks why, flirt and tell her you didn't want to look like a loser in front of her coz u wanted to impress her. She'll be like putty in your hands.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
play fair. say you win the first game...but then let her win the second, or vicce versa. Then agree your both equal. If this girl is a "potential girlfriend" as you say she is, then you gotta show there's equality in the world. Chicks dig that. I do lol If you both win, you're showing her that you understand that females can be just as good as males.
brogan77 said:
show her who's boss, just let her know all night that you smashed her, ya know females are the inferior sex and all that jazz.

Chicks LOVE being put in their place and degraded, they thrive on it.

Grind her into the dirt, son.
pretty conflicting advice guys..

i've always lost to this particular girl in pool. even when i play hard and shark her. aiya.

i guess just play normal =]

Skeeta

HSC
you're allowed to kick her ass in pool (if she is really bad give her a two ball head start - take them off the table - thats what my b/f does to make it more "even")

but be nice with tennis, just get a rally going you dont want to kill her or anything

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Uterly destroy her. Wreck that chick.

But make sure it doesnt look like you are trying, be all casual as you 5 ball her. Be gracious aswell, if she nicks the white accidently, let her take it again. And help her with every shot, but dont back down when its your turn just because she is a girl. Thats true equality, respecting her enough that you dont have to play down your skills against her.

Some girls are really good aswell, but they get that disadvantage when they are wearing a skirt and its a long shot.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
If you're way better than someone and try your best to beat them in a game, then its a gonna be a very short and probably shitty game. So if just to waste time more amusingly, don't put your back into it if you don't need to, unless you want to do the whole : 'I winz at poolz! I WIN AT TEH LIFE!' thing. That said, its really patronising (at least to me) if you let others win, especially when it can be quite clear that you're decent at the game (if you are).

Also, if you clearly outmatch someone and finish it hard and fast, then that person isn't going to be interested in participating in some leisure activities with you anymore - not because they lost - but because a 3 minute game is just a lame way to spend time.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
grk_styl said:

And maybe after she wins the 2nd game, act upset and when she asks why, flirt and tell her you didn't want to look like a loser in front of her coz u wanted to impress her. She'll be like putty in your hands.
That's not showing there's equality at all, it's implying that women are the weaker sex who can only win when the male has voluntarily imposed a severe handicap upon himself.

HSC
N/A
I hate losing at sport. Play fair. But if you let her win she'll probably like that (who doesn't like winning?) but just don't make it obvious. I don't think she'd be impressed if you try to show off, thats annoying.

HSC
depends on the girl, i was playing soccer and i didnt really try but i played a bit rough. helsie is so bad at soccer :p

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC
There was a girl in my year who was so good at pool... you would not believe.
She always beat everyone, like at the pub or the club

Then when she had a party at her house we discovered that her family had a pool table

Other chicks are rarely any good at pool...

I would suggest going to the toilet for extended periods so she can cheat

HSC
knock her over, if it was me i wouldnt care, id do it back. i play touch against guys in mixed. its fun, and we all give it out and take it :p

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
codydhu said:
There was a girl in my year who was so good at pool... you would not believe.
She always beat everyone, like at the pub or the club

Then when she had a party at her house we discovered that her family had a pool table
and your point is?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
No mercy at pool but dont rub her face in it. Help her by showing her what to aim for and then casually and nonchalantly sink yours. Use the game as an oppurtunity to flirt, to extend this oppurtunity avoid sinking more than two in a row.

Just rally it in tennis.

In short don't be competitive (unless she is your level) and use it as a flirting opp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)