playing sport during HSC: a waste time? (1 Viewer)

LordPc

HSC
I dont know about soccer as you will have to train 2 nights a week which will pretty much mean that 2 nights a week you will get very little homework, study or assignments done as you will be too tired.

If it were another sport that you just played on friday nights or saturdays only, that would be a bit better. I knew a few people that did this and got high UAI's. But i think soccer might be a bit to intense

witide

HSC
If most private school students can handle it, I'm sure you can. The guy at my school who got dux and 99.95 UAI played sport after school twice a week and on saturdays, and even play at lunch break and various other times. Its not too hard if you manage your time well.

smilesmilesmile

HSC
its good for u bro, havent u realised that humans concentrate betta after a period of hardcore exercise (other than sex)

Roy9

HSC
I played cricket and soccer... one summer sport, the other winter.

Trained Monday, Wednesday and played on Saturday, so I missed a fair bit of time but it was a much needed escape from the bombardment of school work.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
its awesome and you wont regret it.

so long as you dont come last...

just tell your coach before hand about any training sessions you might miss in favour of studies and he/she should be cool. i know my coach was.

gurusson

HSC
I swim twice a week, once training, once racing. during winter i'm going to pick up my cycling from once every three weeks to twice a week. but then again, i'll go insane if i don't. One of my friends got a UAI over 100 because he represented AUS. while your not going to do that, he still got 97.5 without his bonus and was training every day up until june. so you can get high marks and play sport hard

iNerd

Banned
HSC
sport is always good whenever wherever
i have the fat gene
(secrets out)
and if I don't exericise i just bloat up

just manage your time well and sport should be no problem

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
PLAY ping pong

its the game for nerds, scientifically proven too XDDD

nah but im playing soccer too, me and a couple of guys from my skool formed the 4u math soccer team, we really suck, and have 1 "sort of" training a week so we're not gonna get any better either =]]]

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
PLAY ping pong

its the game for nerds, scientifically proven too XDDD

nah but im playing soccer too, me and a couple of guys from my skool formed the 4u math soccer team, we really suck, and have 1 "sort of" training a week so we're not gonna get any better either =]]]
Calculating the motion of projectile motions in soccer eh? :p

But nah, doing a sport is fine. If i gave up all my procrastination for sport i'd be so fit it wouldn't be funny.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Calculating the motion of projectile motions in soccer eh? :p

thats why we lose dammit, spend too long making calculations on the field rather than actually playing the game....=P

but then if u WERE to play sport u wuld lose the title of the master procrastinator XDD

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
heyyy hold it there my friend.

I am the true master of procrastination as I spend 24 hours on BOS/FACEBOOK/MSN/MYSPACE and read this twilight crap (joke) over my cosmology texts

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
heyyy hold it there my friend.

I am the true master of procrastination as I spend 24 hours on BOS/FACEBOOK/MSN/MYSPACE and read this twilight crap (joke) over my cosmology texts
hmmmmmmmmm looks like we got some (friendly) competition here.....o_O

molly45

HSC
im doing extrememly well in school this year and i play first division hockey, rep hockey which is sometimes 3 nights a week training, rep is over now so its not that bad, and im also a nation runner so i do gym sessions, training at a place half an hour away from me etc etc
and i also have a bf
i manage my time extremely well with a timetable and it works perfectly. Im always on the go and never really have rest time but thats ok cause im not the sort of person to rest. i have a part time job evey tuesday night aswell but dads rule im only allowed to work one shift a weekend except over the holidays...

however... i cant wait for this year to be over!!!! its goin to be such a relief... so much more spare time!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)