Votes: 56 19.4%

• Total voters

jello

if u talking about classics
moonlight sonata 1st movement is mad

nocturen in e flat is also quite good

nerdd

sinfonias are always mad to play.. once u know how to play it :D

and anything by C.P.E Bach is bludy fun.

Sam

samboh
HSC
yeh the nocturnes are good...

when u first start its alotta work..
after that its all good :)

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
yeah i still play, about 11 yrs now i think. i honestly dont know how long, i cant rememebr when i started!

I really love it, been doing grades for awhile, probably for the last 8 years. starting to get abit sick of it though, learning the same types of songs, so last year i learnt 1000 miles and accompanied my friend singing it, so now im accompanying afew of my friends in music 1 for their hsc. i realy enjoy that.

although now i hate that 1000 miles song............. drives me crazy, ive heard it that many times. plus everyone in class always asks me "oh play that song you did last year!!!

aggghhh!

i like it how lots of artists these days are playing the piano. if i feel REALLy clever i try and figure it out myself. usually i give up and just buy the sheet music though ;)

mozart's sonata in c, 1st mvt is good, need to have realy well controlled fingers for it, but it's realy impressive if u get the semi quavers even.

parko :D

nerdd

u know what's even MORE FUN???
playing piano duets :D :D :D :D (Y)(Y)

in particular: dance of the sugar plum fairy.

that's AWESOME fun... with 2 ppl :D and 4 hands :p

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
yeah duets are fun!

me and my friend played one for our yr 10 elective music yearly prac. we did "jolly darkies" and "the can can" we put them together with a chord progression, it was great fun! we got to play it at our yr 10 grad assembly too. but she went to a different school for yr 11 and 12, so now we dont get to do it anymore.

its a shame, cos it was heaps of fun, i'd never done that before, plus we taught it to ourselves, which made us more proud!! hahaha

parko :D

malayz_angel

Well yes, forced by Asian parents too, like the majority...my mother really...my dad didn't really care. Finished 8th grade with a credit and no plans to do anything further...at least not this year :)

My favourite classical piece is one of my eighth grade ones: 'Hunting Song.' It's very passionate and emotional..and all that other stuff I learnt for general knowledge and then forgot :p

HSC
i'm asian, i wanna play da piano but i couldn't afford one or have enough time to get lessons for it. probably wait till after hsc too or maybe tutor myself if i can do it.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jello
if u talking about classics
moonlight sonata 1st movement is mad
i tried that, but its really hard to learn to play it by yourself =/

Sam

samboh
HSC
apparently there's exams for duets....
not run by the ameb.. but trinity college or something like that...

not that i've been in it before.. but it would b interesting...

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
yeah there is :)
it soudns pretty cool.. apparently.. the ameb is now so raughted...most people are going to trinity college of london.,.. umm i think theres another one.. someone fill me in...

apparently they [trinity college] from london here to examine their students... their exams are cheaper and not as tight as well.. i'd say that their exam system is alot more fair than the ameb.. they actually give u a raw mark on scales.. ie 7/10 and comment specifically what u did wrong...
and at least u can read their writing..
ameb is full of old grumpy shits...

plus how do u become an examiner? must be good $$ :D

Sam

samboh
HSC
haha all this about trinity is new to me.... onli was told about it.... went 2 my old piano teacher just for a visit... since my sis still learns from her.. and she told me about it.

to become an examiner u gotta finish all those other certificates... whatever they are... Lmus or associate or something...

my piano teacher's an examiner.... which is a good thing.. since she knows that they expect =)

Reactions: x1

nerdd

nah I reckon AMEB reports are pretty good...

my examiners kept saying "Very musical! Lovely singing voice!"
hahahaha
so i liked them all lol

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
pft.. my examiners were old and crummy farts... [in sydney that is] my teacher purposely took me to woolongong's con to do the exam coz she felt that the examiners there are 'calmer' ... lol

WangzoR

HSC
N/A
yer, i was forced into it :/ damn parents and they then had a massive whinge abou tme not finishing to grade 8 and saying it will be a waste of money if i dont :/

i just lacked motivation to play anything or learn anything, i have better things to do with my time to be honest....

cool boy 371

Banned
HSC
hey........do you...................eat the chopsticks...........coz u shouldn't play with your food

LOL! LOL! LOL! LMAO

lollercoasters!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:p

kahlo

HSC
I played for about two years in primary school. Quit cause I didn't like my teacher and I was sick of travelling for over an hour (there and back) each week. Now I wish I still played.

persephone

HSC
yes am asian child who was forced to play the piano. played it for 8 years then quit because i needed to focus on the 'hsc'...yeah right. i was too lazy and i only wanted to learn how to play basic stuff so i could play better stuff that wasn't what i was learning. i think my dad thought i was going to be this famous concert pianist or something....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)