• I used to play but I don't anymore

Votes: 81 28.0%
  • No, but I wish I could

Votes: 56 19.4%

• Total voters

jnney

lemon
HSC
You guys should be grateful to play the piano, i was forced to quit.

HSC
Same here. ^
I did stop for awhile as well.
But recently I feel like playing again.
I love music. If I had my choice, i'd play the violin (my teacher bailed on me for her masters) over the piano. But I still really like piano. I wouldn't give it up. Maybe a short break for HSC and then i'll resume in uni.

HSC
N/A
I love music. If I had my choice, i'd play the violin (my teacher bailed on me for her masters) over the piano. But I still really like piano. I wouldn't give it up. Maybe a short break for HSC and then i'll resume in uni.
I wanted to play the electric guitar first but then my parents forced the piano on me. I like the piano now much more than the e.guitar option.[still like the e.guitar though]
Yeah I'm going to resume after the HSC.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Half of the asians i know plays/has played the piano. Just saying.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Incase it hasn't been obvious enough... I play the piano lol.

Played since I was like, four? Never stopped. Mainly self-taught, two years of formal teaching. It's allowed me to be my own type of musician, and I've ended up playing Boogie-Woogie piano lately. Not sure why, it's just so goddamn fun (just say it's boring, and mean it. I dare you haha).

I play anything and everything that I like at what my latest (2009) piano teacher said is at professional level. I've never had any gradings and don't plan on it - putting music in skill brackets and grading is not right in my eyes. Music is the ultimate in freedom of expression and should not be graded and judged like it often is.

So yeah. I was gonna link a vid of me playing, but screw that.

S

shadowdude4

Playing the piano is great :) I also try and compose music in my spare time.

boracay

HSC
I would like to learn how to play Piano but the piano instinct is not with me. Some instruments I manage to learn easily but never the piano.

Bendent

HSC
yeah sort of forced but luckily i like music/singing so it's all gd

Hazballs

HSC
Yeah, i play the piano. I've been playing for about 5 years or so now.. My dad originally played and i started to get into it and i had a couple lessons however i didn't like all the classical stuff that they made me learn so i stopped having lessons, so now i just teach myself and i learn all my songs by ear because i can't read sheet music (well i can, it just takes me 3 times as long)

madharris

HSC
N/A
I've played piano since I was 4 ( i enjoyed it at the time)

My parents let my quit this year as I'm doing saxophone for music2/ext

But piano helped me with heaps of music stuff (hsc and in general). I hated piano for so long but now that I stopped practicing, I enjoy it again

pinkdiva

HSC
same here. I was forced to play too because my parents are Asian. good for you, how long have you been playing?
Piano is actually pretty cool, but I hated going to the lessons lol. so boring

CaffeineMotor

HSC
When I was young I was basically forced to start learning the piano (for the most part I enjoyed it) as a result of my mum who used to be a musician and work in the music industry. I played for quite a few years and started to do rather well in it, but as I got older I started hating having to constantly practise it and that if I didn't my parents would get angry.

Interestingly enough I now hate the fact that I stopped and wish I hadn't. It's so much easier when you've started from a young age.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Wasn't forced. One fateful day when I was in year 9 I saw some guy play 'Those Who Fight' from the FF soundtrack... went home, was like, "Hey Mama, I'm going to play the piano." Bought one, started lessons, got to grade 6 in a year, quit because I ceebs.

Biggest regret ever.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Wasn't forced. One fateful day when I was in year 9 I saw some guy play 'Those Who Fight' from the FF soundtrack... went home, was like, "Hey Mama, I'm going to play the piano." Bought one, started lessons, got to grade 6 in a year, quit because I ceebs.

Biggest regret ever.
The biggest failure in life is failing to try :p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)