Please help - Civil Engineers @ UNSW (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I'm studying the flexible first-year stream in Engineering I decided to major in Civil next year and the required course for computing in Civil is Computing for Engineers (ENGG1811).
However I have enrolled in the Computing 1 (COMP1911) course as I was assuming that Electrical would be my major next year and this course is not listed in the Civil stream.
Should I stay in Computing 1 throughout this semester or year or immediately swap with Computing for Engineers ?

aethr

HSC
You can do either. It says in the handbook

"1. COMP1911 is an acceptable alternative for ENGG1811"

Personally I would do COMP1911 since I didnt find it too difficulty, plus i'm not a big fan of Visual Basic.

And if you wanted to go back to Electrical Eng, it would be easier.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I was about to delete this thread after you answered my question, however, I have a new problem.
The last Physics laboratory class which is on Wednesday has been completely occupied after I dropped Physics and tried to add a Wednesday class.
The remaining Physics classes will clash with Engineering Design.
Who should I contact to resolve this issue ?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Forbidden. said:
I was about to delete this thread after you answered my question, however, I have a new problem.
The last Physics laboratory class which is on Wednesday has been completely occupied after I dropped Physics and tried to add a Wednesday class.
The remaining Physics classes will clash with Engineering Design.
Who should I contact to resolve this issue ?
just go to the Lab on Wednesday, and when they dont call your name in the roll-call, just say that your registered on 'myunsw' and then they will add your name on the list, it might happen again for the next class, do the same thing and then after that, you will be allocated to that class.

goodluck!

the uni cannot do anything to help you, unless there are like 40-50 students in your situation, inwhich they might allocated other lab, but thats highly unlikely.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
wuddie said:
i found this to be the biggest waste of time ever. i do not see how this will benefit me in civil at all.
welcome to "FIRST YEAR OF UNI", every course has those bullshit motherf**ken subjects that are a waste of time. oh yeh and money!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)