plz help ~! B comm at macq or B business at UTS ?? (1 Viewer)

ethereal^

HSC
hey i need to make a decision on which i go to. what are the adv/disadv of each uni and which is better recognised by employers?
thx in adv ~

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
They're both pretty recognised. What do you want to major in?

I'd always say Mac over UTS just from the campus point of view (3 years is a long time to be stuck at UTS Haymarket).

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
if u consider location.....UTS is in CT..and MQ is in Ryde....so tat is also a problem to somepeople~~

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Yeah. I guess I just take it for granted that everyone can get to Mac easy...cos I can. lol.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ethereal^ said:
hey i need to make a decision on which i go to. what are the adv/disadv of each uni and which is better recognised by employers?
thx in adv ~
Fobs or Otherwise.

Which do yo prefer.

ethereal^

HSC
i want to major in accounting as 1 pretty sure
no fobz plz. abc's yea?

and i live alot closer to macq..

Last edited:

rodga

HSC
i have a friend with the same problem... im tryna convince him to go to macq

fobs at macquarie... stacks of them are overseas students

ohh and sweetlemons im doing the same course to u at macq

epsilon

HSC
Jeez, I've been asking this question ever since I got my uai last month. And the conclusion: In terms of recognition... I really have no freaking idea. Some say Macq's commerce degree's been around longer (hence better?), while an equal number say UTS's B. Business's has a more practical aspect to it (hence more useful?). You can see why I was confused. Still am...

Then we can argue about their locations. Macq U has a cute campus (complete with grass!!!) while UTS consists of 2 office blocks. Plus no grass to boot. IMHO, winner of the 'Sydney's Ugliest Uni' award :p Not exactly the most picturesque of locations. But UTS is right smack in the middle of the city, while the closest 'cool' place around Macq U is Macq Shopping Centre. Again, very tight...

Hmmnn... I've also noticed someone brought the issue of fotbs up. Lol! If I'm not mistaken, isn't UNSW, UTS and Macq kinda all illed with fotbs right now? :p

Finally, after much deliberation.... I decided on UTS. And I got it yesterday. Here are my reasons:

1. Although in terms of rep, based on the ppl I've asked on this forum, the 2 unis are pretty even, it seems to me that ppl slightly prefer UTS to Macq. Not sure why, but that's the preception that I got. I think it had to do with it's location.

2. If I was not mistaken, The Good Universities Guide gave UTS's B. Business 1 star more than Macq Uni's B. Com (Accounting). I know, I know, that's a sad reason :) Plus, it also stated that in general UTS's business grads earn a higher salary compared to Macq's.

3. UTS seem to have more international exposure compared to Macq.

Hence my final decision. Hope I didn't make a mistake!

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
congrats on your offer...

just curious.... how much do UTS grad's make???

and are you comparing b. accounting or b. business @ uts with b. comm- accg @ macq.

i don't think people can really comment on the two degrees not having done them both... all you'd get is biased opinion...

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
rodga said:
i have a friend with the same problem... im tryna convince him to go to macq

fobs at macquarie... stacks of them are overseas students

ohh and sweetlemons im doing the same course to u at macq
oh...fob's are international studentzz...get it now...LOL......
are u a yr above me or yrz above me? or same yr as me...ekek~~
when i went to get the plane ticket 2day......the lady asked me...wat i'm doing in uni.....then i told her...my degree....she's like.....oh....everyone is doing this (ppl who purchase ticket at her place that she knew of...LOL).....

epsilon

HSC
Thanx.

Oh, hope I didn't offend anyone! Apologies if I did! Those were just my own reasons for finally choosing UTS over Macq. After an excruciating month :)

Since I didn't manage to get the B. Accounting, I was comparing UTS's B. Business (Accounting) with Macq's B. Commerce (Accounting).

I can't remember how much they earn. Those figures were just mean figures anyway. I got them from the Good Uni Guide books.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
LOL i don't think you offended anyone...

what you choose to study and where is completely up to you....
although it would of been nice if you had picked MQ.. :p

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
then v can stalk u ...LOL....o wel....good luck with ya study in UTS....... otherwise...i mite've becom a friend of urzz in mq........lol......
cya greg....sleep time.....nite all~~

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
later annie... (opps too late, your gone.. oh well, you'll read this tomorrow)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
jlh said:
later annie... (opps too late, your gone.. oh well, you'll read this tomorrow)
LOL....i'm back.....haha......going to mq soon...handing in my offer letter.....i think i will ask..under my circumstance......if i can enrol ealier........lol....i will bring my ticket.......and show them......LOL

Last edited:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
... said:
arrg

i better get my peace and quiet in my driving range

*shakes golf clubs around*
u r at workplace and u can use internet????? koolies~~~LOL~~~

theone123

blue essence
HSC
UTS business grads tend to earn more than any other equivalent degree in Aus as UTS has very close links to big corporations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)