population decline and all that (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
banco55 said:
Not if it's well managed. Singapore and HK show you can deal with large very dense populations.
There comes a point where good management isn't going to work. Just look at China.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
Yeah, the only way to control China is with a totalitarian regime, and even that is not holding up. Imagine a democracy in China. Imagine the percentages there. Even if it was a 20-80 defeat, the loser would still have 200-300 million followers. I just don't think democracy would work in such a large populous. Not fairly anyway.

banco55

HSC
Snaykew said:
Yeah, the only way to control China is with a totalitarian regime, and even that is not holding up. Imagine a democracy in China. Imagine the percentages there. Even if it was a 20-80 defeat, the loser would still have 200-300 million followers. I just don't think democracy would work in such a large populous. Not fairly anyway.
India isn't much smaller than China in population terms and it has a democracy that functions quite well.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
I don't know anything about India so I can't really say much. :\ How many people in India vote?

banco55

HSC
Snaykew said:
I don't know anything about India so I can't really say much. :\ How many people in India vote?
Well just like in other democracies everyone over a certain age is eligible to vote but it's not compulsory like here.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
What's the registration process like(as in does it cost money, etc?)?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Snaykew said:
The fewer people there is to work, the higher they get paid. The higher they get paid, the more they can support the old folks. Think about it, if there's less people, then the working people will get more pay(hopefully) because there is less supply of labour.
Even if the face value of their wages were higher, and they got a higher percentage of the total income, the amount of goods it could purchase would be about the same/less because the total goods produced would be less, and also possibly less even when compared to the population size because some larger operations would have to be scaled back, sacrificing efficiency to compensate for the lack of demand.

gerhard

HSC
its probably some simple process, like the iraqi ink thumb,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)