possible questions for BNW/BR (1 Viewer)

Leanne

HSC
i think i've worked it out- finally!!!
focusing more on values than i was b4....i was told by ppl at hsc help line that the issues and context come from that.....my practice essay is sooo much better than my past papers!!

its just using stupid techniques to back up my points...

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
i *think* that BNW has anti-totalitarian values whereas BR is against economic rationalism

those are the ones i think are most important

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
A major part of Brave New World's 'values' is that it is anti-dehumanisation. This is seen through the critique of mass production techniques such as Henry Ford's 'assembly line' method, which were contextually feared by some as creating automatons through endless repetitive work. BNW depicts this applied to society in it's entirety through extrapolation.

Additionally, technology grown rampant is criticised, Huxley writing that his construction is one where man has been subordinated to his own inventions, and dehumanisation is the 'inevitable' result. Blade Runner however, is also focused upon the development of technology such as Artificial Intelligence, and in this sense, with the replicants, each work is opposed. Whilst the Brave New World has robotic humans, the Los Angeles of Blade Runner has humanoid robots.. Something similar.

Leanne

HSC
okay..i'm using three values to base my arguments on...

* freedom of individuality
* human relationships and love
* natural rhythms of humanity- life/death

malkin86

HSC
"Create an imagined conversation which might take place between a character from your classic text and a character from your more modern text. In the course of the conversation, have the two characters discuss the values that are important in their world."

Jezza

we got our assessment task on BNW/BR de other day ...Question: 'Composers in this elective communicate the vision, that regardless of the progress that has been made with civilisation, contact with the natural world is vital for humanity' Discuss this view in relation to the texts you have studied for this elective.
if any one has good ideas bout answering this you can giv me any hints u want...

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
can someone copy paste the questions that are relevant to Hamlet/RAGAD into one post? muchly appreciated.

wildtiger

HSC
Fort St 2004 Half-Yearlies:

"While the ways in which texts from different contexts reveal the relationship between humans and the natural world have changed, the relationship itself has not."

Discuss this statement with close reference to both texts you have studied. (BNW and Bladerunner)

---------------
stupid confusing question. took me 15 minutes to understand what it was trying to ask.

malkin86

HSC
"The experience of the wild exposes and educates" Write a feature article for a weekend broadsheet which explores the way that this idea is raised in your two texts.

The texts that we create that reflect on 'the wild' reveal an interesting contradiction. We seek the experience of "wilderness", but also wish to control and define it. How do the texts you have studied this year represent this contradiction?

Explain the ways in which the values in your more modern text are different from the values in your classic text. In your answer be sure that you refer to how these changes are conveyed.

Johnno_Tez

Originally posted by Huy

Question 2 � Elective 2: In the Wild (BOS sample question)
You are a visitor to the worlds of your prescribed texts. Write a personal reflection on the relationships between humans and nature in each of the worlds, and show how they differ in the two prescribed texts.
Thats my current assingment question:rolleyes: I knew our new head teacher was a moron but I thought he could of come up with his own questions!

Moonlite

HSC
I have an assessment coming up on Thursday, but it's only on BR.... i'm just going to learn the techniques, context, and the meaning of 'in the wild' & how this is shown is the movie.... hopefully that'll be enough!!

I just hope they wont ask us something weird like an interview... *crosses fingers*

sarahlouiseir

HSC
Hey instead of thinking of what question they are GOING to ask why don't you just contact someone from Coffs High as to what it actually is.....THEY KNOW!
haw haw
i think im funny
....good luck ....make your marks yours....cheating is for weiners

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
Has anyone read the 2003 question? It's something like
"when you compared these texts and their contexts, how was your understanding of each developed and reshaped?"
how on earth would you answer that?? I'm hoping that because it's been asked.. they won't ask it again, but it might be similar...

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Just got my first assesment task for yr 12 english, it sux:

" A significant concern for humanity is its relationship with the natural world and nature's influence on human behaviour and human interaction. The quality and importance of humanity's relationship with the natural world, or its response to the absence of natural world can vary across different times and culture".

By the way it's 10% of our final mark

And due in 2 weeks. SHIT!!!

mAtboisLim

HSC
lol thats a lot to take in.

but if you think about it, its not too difficult; it's a quite general question and it's also very typical of this module.

good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)