Post a picture of your ride (1 Viewer)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
has anyone ridden a yamaha R15? what do you guys reckon of this bike as a first bike?

wanted to get the honda cbr250r, ninja 250 or 300, but thought it may be too much since im LITERALLY a brand new rider (or will be very soon haha)

R15 is cheaper and a bit less powerful, but not sure, any other recommendations?

astroman

HSC
my friend has a 125 and he is pretty small and says it has very little power, cruising on 90kmh on the motorway is demanding and so unless you live in a very crowded place with little open road, it is not the best choice. But then again, a lighter bike means a more nimble bike so it will be good for a learner to learn on, since it is easier to control and manage. But if you are bigger, say around 70kg+ and near 6ft, i'd say get a 250. They are the sweet spot for learners, easy to ride and manage and enough power for any job and you wont get bored of it for a while. So i'd say get a 250 and avoid stuff under that. But then again i'm no expert, get a feel for the power of a bike and how it handles by going on a test ride and checking out reviews.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
nice, any ideas on what you will get?
No idea haha, there are some bikes that make my jaw drop that I like the look of or sound of or just feel really nice on a brief sit but I'd need to test before making decisions.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
my friend has a 125 and he is pretty small and says it has very little power, cruising on 90kmh on the motorway is demanding and so unless you live in a very crowded place with little open road, it is not the best choice. But then again, a lighter bike means a more nimble bike so it will be good for a learner to learn on
hmm one to think about, yeah I feel I need to actually try them

thanks for the info man

astroman

HSC
No idea haha, there are some bikes that make my jaw drop that I like the look of or sound of or just feel really nice on a brief sit but I'd need to test before making decisions.
agree, big difference between a 250 and 600. With bikes like a r6 you get power to weight ratios similar to bugatti veyrons.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
agree, big difference between a 250 and 600. With bikes like a r6 you get power to weight ratios similar to bugatti veyrons.
My 250 is about as quick as a stock Corolla, a friend of mine drove it home for me and my Liberty absolutely crushed it. Wasn't until I looked up numbers online that I worked out why.

hayabusaboston

HSC
So I made friends with mclaren dealer in melbourne cbd, might be getting 650S if I win the gameshows im going on soon Lol. I was offered test drive too, so keen to take it but told him I'd call him back to arrange date. Cos u know would quite epically suck if I crashed it....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)