• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post election thoughts (1 Viewer)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
im startin to wonder if howard has dementia.. :| no offense to ppl with dementia.. cos he keeps forgettin tat he said WMD exist, no GST...
Once again, Howard said that there would never ever be a GST, yes. But before the election, he announced his policy for a GST, and people knew that this was the policy they were planning to implement.

Besides which, the GST is a good thing.

rumour

HSC
I'm so sad :(

I really did think Latham was going to win!!!!

& the media think he will not be the Labor leader anymore!!!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
I think its a morals thing.. honestly the GST was only one hes done so many.. ive lost count..

malkin86

HSC
I'm not that pleased with the Democrats' performance either... They seem to be fairly good at blowing their own horns on the net, but with all their leadership troubles and with the textbook GST subsidy coming off right in the middle of this year, they've had some trouble even before the election.

Mendo

HSC
yeah good point, gough would be pretty old- well is pretty old, but im sure some of you get my meaning.
Everything is wrong with Costello in my book- his manner, his ideals, his lies, but there really is no point tyring to explain why he's such a swine because I don't think it will get anywhere.
Unfortunately, he's an excellent politician, but that ISN'T something I admire in a person.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Ziff said:
To be truthful, as I have stated in a previous post, I am afraid of what might happen. Not only in terms of the destruction of many of our social services, but in what Australia may become. It is entirely likely that Australians will continue to subside further into a laziness and uncritical acceptance of propaganda from the government and others that they will fall so far into a pit of dispair they may never come out.
well said ziff

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
What the hell is with people and Howard and the GST.

Yes he picked a bad choice of words ages ago, but people change.

It was clearly the major sticking point of that campaign, you would have had to be an idiot to vote for him and not think you would get a GST.
pffft- bad choice of words??????!
more like countless blatant lies
http://www.johnhowardlies.com/Flyers/Top Ten.pdf

"Theres no way the GST will ever be part of our policy. Never ever." - John Howard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)