Post Your 2014 Sem 2 Timetable (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
dat wednesday.

does this always happen? UNSW should have anticipated this
It's gotten better recently, but even if you can anticipate it, the cost probably outweighs the added benefits. No student actually loses out because UNSW makes no guarantees that you will get a 'good' timetable.

Finally after 2 hours and 3 devices later (ipad, iphone and a laptop) i was able to do my timetable. please critique guys. cheerS!

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii91/lorodz/timetable2ndsem.jpg
Sooo many breaks, although you have only 2 hours more than mine, it just seems like you have so many hours and classes.

http://snag.gy/dNSrC.jpg

Either I can keep that COMP lab on Friday or move it to Thursday 5pm to 8pm.

Well last Thursday I had a 9-8 day with 1 hour break only and it consisted of two 2 hour labs, one 1 hour tute and 5 hours of lectures.

Wasn't too bad.

Btw that COMP other thing is only on 3 times in the whole semester. So moving that lab to Thursday and I have a potentially 3 day week lol.
Personally, I would keep it like that, assuming there's no other alternative arrangement. Think about travel, food, social life, whether you are in a society or whatnot.

:(. My enrolment appointment ends on the 27/07/14. would i have got my semester 1 results by then?
Yes, the release of results is 15 Jul 2014, 9:00am, so MMAN1300 'should' open up no later than 2 days after that.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Personally, I would keep it like that, assuming there's no other alternative arrangement. Think about travel, food, social life, whether you are in a society or whatnot.
Travel says keep it to 3 days a week.

Social life is unaffected really.

Food is unaffected either because I'm flexible on that too.

Sleep should not be affected either (well I kinda need a late (10 or 11am) Thursday start, but that's impossible regarding the possibilities).

As for lab, they are the easiest marks for me to get. I usually stuff up my exams but my lab marks are top notch even on Friday nights at 7pm.

So having them at night should be fine too.

But I have my current lab partner in everything at the moment in the same lab as me so yeah probably just keep it the same for now unless I really can't be bothered and I have something else to do on Fridays instead.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Travel says keep it to 3 days a week.

Social life is unaffected really.

Food is unaffected either because I'm flexible on that too.

Sleep should not be affected either (well I kinda need a late (10 or 11am) Thursday start, but that's impossible regarding the possibilities).

As for lab, they are the easiest marks for me to get. I usually stuff up my exams but my lab marks are top notch even on Friday nights at 7pm.

So having them at night should be fine too.

But I have my current lab partner in everything at the moment in the same lab as me so yeah probably just keep it the same for now unless I really can't be bothered and I have something else to do on Fridays instead.
post it up brah...we mite get to meet for once. oi btw. in ur free spot on monday midday, we had a bos meat. so come join next time.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
post it up brah...we mite get to meet for once. oi btw. in ur free spot on monday midday, we had a bos meat. so come join next time.
Already posted on previous page last post.

My free time is not midday that is occupied for soc stuff (ask MY).

Its 11am that I am free but next week I have a booked exam then so can't make it next week (just text me an hour before it goes ahead lol).

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
^ lol

My whole uni existence is summed up into 5 contact hours (4-9pm) on a thursday.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
^ lol

My whole uni existence is summed up into 5 contact hours (4-9pm) on a thursday.

its like UNSW designs your classes to clash. Not much works for my timetable except for boring geology stuff

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
Schedule.png

My workload is a lot less than most people here, but I just keep staring at it because it's a staircase and it looks weird as heck. (Also, one of the courses isn't entirely fixed yet. Might change it.)

Also, hi~ been forever since I last came on BoS. (I lurk it occasionally though.)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
pre much; and thats only 3 subjects
I thought you would have done your timetable a few weeks ago.

idk change subjects around. Do some stuff from second year or something.

Why not do elec1111 this sem?

then do something else next sem.

Just do stuff like that and change it up a bit until no clashes.

Btw, change your math tute to thursday morning (I know crap time but I have the same thing unfortunately even though I barely get to uni on time lol).

View attachment 30509

My workload is a lot less than most people here, but I just keep staring at it because it's a staircase and it looks weird as heck. (Also, one of the courses isn't entirely fixed yet. Might change it.)

Also, hi~ been forever since I last came on BoS. (I lurk it occasionally though.)

First non-eng/sci person I've seen with more than 3 days lol.

And hi :wavey:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought you would have done your timetable a few weeks ago.

idk change subjects around. Do some stuff from second year or something.

Why not do elec1111 this sem?

then do something else next sem.

Just do stuff like that and change it up a bit until no clashes.

Btw, change your math tute to thursday morning (I know crap time but I have the same thing unfortunately even though I barely get to uni on time lol).
I am ment to do ELEC1112 in 2nd year 2nd semester. I was thinking do it this year and an elective later but it is not offered next sem :(

First non-eng/sci person I've seen with more than 3 days lol.

And hi :wavey:
Well technically 3 :p

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I am ment to do ELEC1112 in 2nd year 2nd semester. I was thinking do it this year and an elective later but it is not offered next sem :(
This bit is not very clear but apparently there is no difference at all between 1112 and 1111. 1111 is actually aimed at mechanical students so I'm pretty sure its fine for you to do it next sem then do something else next year 2nd sem in place of it.

The only thing is that elec students are not supposed to do 1111.

Well technically 3 :p
Oh yeah by my standards that's 3.

But come one that way even I can get a 3 day time table. Just have to clock 12 hours on Thursdays if I'm willing to do it.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad

Probably the only time ever that I would have 3 days at Uni thanks to PHYS1160.

Dropped MATH1081, gonna pick it up next year in Sem 2 hopefully.

nightweaver066

HSC

Going to get wrecked by the maths.. Not sure if I should do complex analysis and differential equations or do other things like WAM boosters.

D94

HSC
N/A
Okay, decided not to do a gen ed:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)