Post Your 2014 Sem1 Timetable (1 Viewer)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
It's on the left hand side of the 'my student profile' page. Under 'My student services' - again under the sub heading 'Enrolment'

hellohello8

HSC
Just a question about enrolment, how many Law courses should I start with in S1? I was thinking Crime and the Criminal Process and Introducing Law and Justice (part of the core) with two International studies courses (ARTS1810 and a prescribed elective from another stream since ARTS1811 courses aren't running in S1 apparently).
Are you a first year student? If so, only intro law and justice, two int studies subjects and a language

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
How am I looking?

What is my longest walk/run? I have a bad knee and do not want to be sprinting from class to class

do i have to attend the friday lecture? i don't really want to be spending 3.5 hours on a train/bus to get to a 50 min lecture :(

free image hosting

williamdaft

HSC
How am I looking?

What is my longest walk/run? I have a bad knee and do not want to be sprinting from class to class

do i have to attend the friday lecture? i don't really want to be spending 3.5 hours on a train/bus to get to a 50 min lecture :(

free image hosting
just watch it online coz your 3.5hr travel for just a 50min lecture is such an ass!

williamdaft

HSC
online!!! so you're saying i can basically skip most classes?
I heard from a friend who watches his lectures online so he doesn't have to go all the way to UNSW, he lives in my suburb and it takes us approx 1.5hrs to get there.

Well you can probs skip most lectures if you prefer to watch them online, somewhere, I want to do so as well, if it's possible..
Just make sure they don't mark the roll often, you'll figure soon after the first few weeks of attending everything, at first.

Im sure tutorials they mark the roll.
I probs will skip some lectures (hopefully the ones they dont give a shit about attendance), that's all.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I heard from a friend who watches his lectures online so he doesn't have to go all the way to UNSW, he lives in my suburb and it takes us approx 1.5hrs to get there.

Well you can probs skip most lectures if you prefer to watch them online, somewhere, I want to do so as well, if it's possible..
Just make sure they don't mark the roll often, you'll figure soon after the first few weeks of attending everything, at first.

I probs will skip some lectures (hopefully the ones they dont give a shit about attendance), that's all.
In some tutes, part of your overall mark comes from class participation.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to do well I would keep skipping classes to a minimal even if they are only lectures. The only time I would skip a lecture is if the lecturer is hopeless and I can learn better through self study.

Face to face contact is more effective than listening to recordings

D94

HSC
N/A
Depends on the program. Of the 12 courses that I have done which have tutorials, only 6 of them had a roll, and of those 6, 4 of them were maths courses, so really, only 2 out of 8 engineering courses were marked.

Having said that, the tutorials were more helpful than the lectures - but lectures were still important to attend. The online recordings tend to be dodgy so you may end up watching a lecture recording with no audio, or a strong humming sound throughout the whole 2 hours.

williamdaft

HSC
Depends on the program. Of the 12 courses that I have done which have tutorials, only 6 of them had a roll, and of those 6, 4 of them were maths courses, so really, only 2 out of 8 engineering courses were marked.

Having said that, the tutorials were more helpful than the lectures - but lectures were still important to attend. The online recordings tend to be dodgy so you may end up watching a lecture recording with no audio, or a strong humming sound throughout the whole 2 hours.
oh shit :eek:

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
That reminds me, one of the courses I took last year had difficulties recording the lecture at all for the majority of the semester. It really depends on your preference in learning style. I would recommend everyone attend lectures for all their subjects for the first few weeks and then decide whether or not to attend after. Sometimes, the lecturer discloses things only to those who attend the lecture like my chemistry lecturer who would do EXAMple questions on the whiteboard so you couldn't see it on the recording. Personally, I find online recordings convenient in that I can start and stop and rewind when I have to and make sure I record everything whereas in lecture rooms, I sometimes miss something.

williamdaft

HSC
i plan to skip some lectures and work from home (save some money on bus/train and some time to do the work from the textbook) but i plan to attend all tutorials
exactly what im going, attend all tuts, and most lects.

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad
timetable1.jpg

What do you think guys?

New to UNSW so particularly interested in whether i'm going to develop walking muscles this semester ;P

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I don't want to brag or anything, but I got the best timetable.
You have the right to brag.

Your timetable is awesome.

I'm in the same position for the Monday PHYS1131 lecture.

I guess you can skip a few times (since lectures are not marked), although it might be good to stay there and get some study in, or find something fun to do at uni to relax for the day.

View attachment 29813

What do you think guys?

New to UNSW so particularly interested in whether i'm going to develop walking muscles this semester ;P
Its good.

Do you want those 3 hour breaks though?

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
If you can't get into the lecture you want just enrol for a random lecture and then just show up to the one you want to be in? lel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)