Post Your 2015 Sem 1 Timetable (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
For MATH1151 you will have two exams in each tutorial for the whole semester. Might want to not have another tute right before one of them.

CLB to Physics theatre is a 3 or 4 minute walk. At least it is down hill.

Red Centre and Rex Vowels are literally a minute from each other walking.

ASB to Red Centre is about 2 minutes walking.
thanks man! :)

could u expand on this part - "For MATH1151 you will have two exams in each tutorial for the whole semester. Might want to not have another tute right before one of them." As long as I've studied properly the night or days before, I should be fine no? Whats the reasoning?

CaptainPrice

HSC
Guys any advice for someone who is just about to email a lecturer for an approval of timetable clash? (I'll be missing one of the two comp1917 lectures every week)

Sulil K, his name is btw - is he chill?

(just realised posting this here would be more relevant than confessions haha)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Pretty good but I think you can get that down to 3 days if you wanted to.

thanks man! :)

could u expand on this part - "For MATH1151 you will have two exams in each tutorial for the whole semester. Might want to not have another tute right before one of them." As long as I've studied properly the night or days before, I should be fine no? Whats the reasoning?
Yes in theory you should be fine if you studied properly beforehand.

However if you ever find yourself in a situation like (insert your Enoilgam sig quote) at least you have some time to do some work beforehand.

My last Algebra test last semester I wasn't really worried about as I needed a 10/10 to have a chance to improve my mark. So I neglected study for it and did other things of higher priority. The night before I went to sleep early at like 8 pm, woke up at 3 am, did a whole bunch of tute questions in 1.5 hours and some on the train too, and I somehow managed a 10 (was pretty lucky to get an easy paper though). 9 am tute btw. But yeah I do sometimes lose track and have to do some stuff last minute so I prefer it that way personally.

Depends on the type of person you are, but if last minute cramming is something you sometimes have found yourself to do I would rather that extra gap.

Also if one tute goes over time or if you have to ask a question, you'll be taking time out of the next class/break if necessary. A few times some students would talk to the tutor straight after about questions and after doing it myself once or twice I found that you could be talking for a good 10 minutes sometimes about a certain question from the tute book. That being said, tutorials I have found are personally a lot more helpful than lectures. So I guess you can take it as a personal preference matter too.

CaptainPrice

HSC
Guys any advice for someone who is just about to email a lecturer for an approval of timetable clash? (I'll be missing one of the two comp1917 lectures every week)

Sulil K, his name is btw - is he chill?

(just realised posting this here would be more relevant than confessions haha)
Anon could you elaborate on what you said in confessions?

If I can't clash I'll be arriving home nearly by midnight on Monday, I can (and will) watch the lecture during the rest of Monday.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks so much for your help everyone!

Should I stick with this? Any feedback appreciated!

http://i.imgur.com/LzoBRZB.png[//IMG][/QUOTE]
gg

[quote="CaptainPrice, post: 6884708"]Are you sure? It takes me around 2hrs to get to UNSW, and half an hour to get to the Paddington campus.

[B]So I'd be arriving home earliest at 11:30pm[/B], I really can't afford that honestly, would this have any weighting in the clash approval process?

Is it the same lecturer as other current comp1917 lectures? I can ask a friend for notes and Richard Buckland's online lectures are the best haha (can't imagine a better lecturer tbh)[/QUOTE]
feels

[quote="Seomate, post: 6884887"]Feedback on my UNSW timetable please?? I'm doing Engineering (Electrical)/Commerce.

[ATTACH]31666[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
gg

[quote="Menomaths, post: 6884891"]First year engineering timetables are so sad[/QUOTE]
not mine ;)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Square how is my latest one, considering we both live in the same area?

How has your experience been with 9am starts considering your commute?
it's alright, mines better ;)

but I liked 9am starts. I was at the train station ~7ish and got to uni around 8:30. the commute is pretty easy in the mornings. (I actually prefer that over later starts tbh)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Anon could you elaborate on what you said in confessions?

If I can't clash I'll be arriving home nearly by midnight on Monday, I can (and will) watch the lecture during the rest of Monday.
Maybe try picking a different course then? (I am guessing this is your MEDA course that is clashing)

If you need to clash, then so be it. However in general you have to consistently keep up to date with the clash issue and do weekly work to make up for it. Do you think you are up for this?

CaptainPrice

HSC
Maybe try picking a different course then? (I am guessing this is your MEDA course that is clashing)

If you need to clash, then so be it. However in general you have to consistently keep up to date with the clash issue and do weekly work to make up for it. Do you think you are up for this?
This is a lecture I'm missing, wouldn't I just be able to watch it on echo360? I wad under the impression that COMP1917 lectures involved no practicals, and only theory.

And ofcourse, I mean I have to don't I?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
This is a lecture I'm missing, wouldn't I just be able to watch it on echo360? I wad under the impression that COMP1917 lectures involved no practicals, and only theory.

And ofcourse, I mean I have to don't I?
Yeah lecture is fine. Nah the lectures for COMP1917 are online so should be fine there.

Well yes you have to but make sure you don't lose motivation or forget about it too often and find yourself behind a few lectures.

CaptainPrice

HSC
Yeah lecture is fine. Nah the lectures for COMP1917 are online so should be fine there.

Well yes you have to but make sure you don't lose motivation or forget about it too often and find yourself behind a few lectures.
Alright cool, great to hear!

How should I approach my lecturer via email?

mreditor16

HSC
Yes in theory you should be fine if you studied properly beforehand.

However if you ever find yourself in a situation like (insert your Enoilgam sig quote) at least you have some time to do some work beforehand.

My last Algebra test last semester I wasn't really worried about as I needed a 10/10 to have a chance to improve my mark. So I neglected study for it and did other things of higher priority. The night before I went to sleep early at like 8 pm, woke up at 3 am, did a whole bunch of tute questions in 1.5 hours and some on the train too, and I somehow managed a 10 (was pretty lucky to get an easy paper though). 9 am tute btw. But yeah I do sometimes lose track and have to do some stuff last minute so I prefer it that way personally.

Depends on the type of person you are, but if last minute cramming is something you sometimes have found yourself to do I would rather that extra gap.

Also if one tute goes over time or if you have to ask a question, you'll be taking time out of the next class/break if necessary. A few times some students would talk to the tutor straight after about questions and after doing it myself once or twice I found that you could be talking for a good 10 minutes sometimes about a certain question from the tute book. That being said, tutorials I have found are personally a lot more helpful than lectures. So I guess you can take it as a personal preference matter too.
thanks anom! :) will then have to make sure I keep up to date and don't fall behind. tbh I'm quite organised anyway (i.e. I'm not a crammer at all), so I think my chances of ending up and having that problem are small. but yeh defs makes sense! :D

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Alright cool, great to hear!

How should I approach my lecturer via email?
Before you proceed, try to use Octangles, Bojangles, Circles, Rectangles, etc online to make a timetable for you. You might be able to find a better timetable that fits you fine.

Good Evening <insert course convenor's name who is the person you are e-mailing here>,

I have a clash regarding two lectures from COMP1917 and <insert other course>. The lectures in mind are <insert lecture details> and <insert lecture details>.

I was wondering if this clash could be approved as I have no alternative solution. I am a first year, first semester student. This is the only clash on my timetable and it totals for one hour maximum of clashes every week on my timetable.

Kind Regards,
CaptainPrice, zXXXXXXXX
Something like that should be fine. I just typed it up in a few minutes so forgive me if there is an error lying around somewhere or if I have forgotten to add a minor detail. One thing to note is that you should get in the habit of knowing how to formally e-mail people regarding an inquiry or report or whatever.

mreditor16

HSC
View attachment 31657

how is this for first time
will be in same Wednesday MATH1151 tutorial :)

What is lunch? That run from the Law Building to Central Lecture though, might change it though :p
we're in same econ lectures :)

Also a noteworthy point which i fell to last sem was the fact that asoc events are held during 11-1 wednesdays so i missed out 90% of the time due to class
awwww yiss, I have 11 to 1 off on Wednesdays :) :) :)

View attachment 31664

I'm a noob, is this good?
same ECON and MGMT lectures :)
same MATH tutorials and ECON lectures as you :)

CaptainPrice

HSC
Before you proceed, try to use Octangles, Bojangles, Circles, Rectangles, etc online to make a timetable for you. You might be able to find a better timetable that fits you fine.

Something like that should be fine. I just typed it up in a few minutes so forgive me if there is an error lying around somewhere or if I have forgotten to add a minor detail. One thing to note is that you should get in the habit of knowing how to formally e-mail people regarding an inquiry or report or whatever.
Thank you! This is more than enough!

I suppose I should, better now than post graduation.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Thank you! This is more than enough!

I suppose I should, better now than post graduation.
Yeah deffs. It is an everyday thing too. I use formal e-mails for societies too.

will be in same Wednesday MATH1151 tutorial :)

we're in same econ lectures :)

awwww yiss, I have 11 to 1 off on Wednesdays :) :) :)

same ECON and MGMT lectures :)

same MATH tutorials and ECON lectures as you :)
Meanwhile I only just have a lecture with ON for FINS1613 haha.

Squar3 I'll see you next year for MTRN3020 and stuff ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)