Post your (mid) 2006 Uni Offers here (2 Viewers)

Seryn

Ayreonaut
HSC
I got my first pref: BA/BSc st Sydney Uni. Though my UAI of 82.70 was actually below the cut-off of 83.45. I guess flexible entry really works lol.

powerhouse

HSC
BComm / BSc (Psych) at Wollongong

And

B Applied Finanace / BComm (Accounting) at Macquarie

hornbag_tom

in a mundane reality where losers constantly piss
HSC
B Communications full time @ Newcastle 2nd preference...

Rang uni, said there are vacancies in my 1st preference which was the law combined program, my UAI is just under 2 marks below this years cut off...how disappointing...oh well, maybe there is hope in the late and final round offers...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hornbag_tom said:
B Communications full time @ Newcastle 2nd preference...

Rang uni, said there are vacancies in my 1st preference which was the law combined program, my UAI is just under 2 marks below this years cut off...how disappointing...oh well, maybe there is hope in the late and final round offers...
id hate to break it to you, but 2 marks is heaps! Your best bet is with a transfer.

TimmyDD

HSC
Bachelor of Medical Science (BMedSci) at UNSW for me!!!!!
Required UAI: 85.00
Actual UAI: 93.00

jen_au87

HSC
First Post!

B Education (Sec: Humanities and Social Sciences) / B Arts at USyd...my first preference. Think someone else who posted same course :)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Allstarrr said:
hmmm nice work.

Hey out of interest... are transfers all automatically done via computer where it looks at your NRSL + places in course and just slots the ones with higher NRSL's? OR is it done manually where a UAC assessor actually looks at your subjects and your UAI and makes a decision....
ok with mq...our internal transfer system is really awesome, its nice and easy. Our GPA system etc is different to the other universities, but generally for law at mq you need roughly gpa 3 (out of a maximum 4) and a decent uai to get in internally (there have been exceptions like myself however)...as stas has explained how NRSL is calculated...then yes the internal law transfers at mq involve NRSLs, number of places available, however, im not sure who does it...(its most probably someone at mq, using a computer to check out our gpa)

I dont think internal transfers to other degrees at mq consider uai though...i think its only law...thats why Mq keeps saying the degrees programs are "flexible".

External (UAC) transfers definitely involve NRSL. As to who does it...not sure...

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Supra said:
ok with mq...our internal transfer system is really awesome, its nice and easy. Our GPA system etc is different to the other universities, but basically for law at mq you need roughly gpa 3 (out of a maximum 4) and a decent uai to get in internally...there is no NSRL crap involved...All internal transfers involve your gpa and thats it...i imagine its done manually and they rank u in terms of gpa...

I have no idea about the external process (UAC) which involves this NSRL crap...i just applied and hoped for the best :p
umm you just contradicted yourself:
"at mq you need roughly gpa 3 and a decent uai to get in internally"
"all internal transfers involve your gpa and thats it"

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
stazi said:
umm you just contradicted yourself:
"at mq you need roughly gpa 3 and a decent uai to get in internally"
"all internal transfers involve your gpa and thats it"
thanks fixed ;)

B med sci/B business UTS

cut-off:85.25
UAI: 79.05 (used the EAS)

VERY HAPPY

anyone else got into this course

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Supra said:
thanks fixed ;)
in that case, an NRSL index mark is very likely used. It is calculated by combining gpa and uai.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
stazi said:
in that case, an NRSL index mark is very likely used. It is calculated by combining gpa and uai.
really? Does the uni calculate it? So i guess NRSL is used whenever someone tried to transfer...i didnt even know they were using that, i was always under the incorrect impression it was just for external transfers...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Supra said:
really? Does the uni calculate it? So i guess NRSL is used whenever someone tried to transfer...i didnt even know they were using that, i was always under the incorrect impression it was just for external transfers...
yep uni does it.

Danoz The Great

HSC
First preference!

B Ed (Primary) @ UNE
Cut off was 80.00
My UAI was 71.50 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Very, very suprised!

speed2

HSC
BApplied Finance/BCom-Actuarial Studies at Macquarie (1st pref)

2oo6 cutoff - 96.6

my UAI - 97.65

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)