Post your USYD offers! (1 Viewer)

fluff

HSC
hmm... Medical Science at usyd.
would anyone know the approximate UAI required to be considered for pharmacy? they never actually seem to say anywhere since STAT is needed -.-

stardom

hey, do we need to accept the offer over the net? or do we just go there and enrol on whatever day it is?

Cicciolina

HSC
Arts/Commerce :D
2nd preference! First was Media/Comm and I knew there was no way I could get into that!

J

jhakka

Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities & Social Sciences)/Bachelor of Arts - full time at University of Sydney.

:D

Lainee

HSC
picaresque said:
Combined Law. :D

I just hadn't realised I'd have to pay so soon.
Congrats! I'll be seeing you there then!

Oh btw, what do you mean by paying so soon? I didn't have the net before 12am so my friend checked for me. She didn't tell me anything other than that I got in. :p And now UAC is down for maintenance, so I can't check it myself!

garry007

HSC
N/A
Bachelor of Science (Advanced) for me!! Although i want to fit in phys, chem, bio and computer science (probably major in phys n comp science)...not sure how lol...any ideas...is it possible?

truespirit_jj

B Medical Science at Sydney Uni...I'm estatic...
I got 95.15 and teh cut-off was 93... I was very surprised at how much cut-off sore dropped..
Anyway, who else received an offer to do med sci at sydney?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
garry007 said:
Bachelor of Science (Advanced) for me!! Although i want to fit in phys, chem, bio and computer science (probably major in phys n comp science)...not sure how lol...any ideas...is it possible?
overload
but the change from year 12 to uni is a hard one so i suggest overloading in 2nd year. Or do summerschool

also, i'm quite sure you have to do mathematics in first year. Also some 2nd year maths subs are prerequisite for senior physics

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
BA (Media and Comm) fucking second pref. I had to do arts cause i have a scholarship to that faculty and Meco is the only arts degree with bearable arts subjects...

B Eco and Soc Sci/LLB next year I guess

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
First year subjects for my Bachelor of Information Technology:

Session 1
MATH 1001 - Differential Calculus
MATH 1002 - Linear Algebra (Possibly MATH 1902 instead, need to consult advisor)
SOFT 1001 - Software Development 1 (Possibly SOFT 1901, need to consult)
ARIN 1000 - History and Theory of Informatics
PHYS 1901 - Advanced Physics 1A (doing as a free elective)

Session 2
MATH 1003 - Integral Calculus and Modelling
MATH 1004 - Discrete Mathematics (possibly MATH 1904, depends on first semester results)
MATH 1005 - Statistics (maybe MATH 1905, havnt decided)
SOFT 1002 - Software Development 1 (possibly SOFT 1902, depends on first semester results in SOFT 1001/1901)
INFO 1003 - Foundations of Information Technology

I need one more subject for second session which would most likely be either HPSC 2101 - What is This Thing Called Science? or BIOL 1002 - Living Systems or BIOL 1003 - Human Biology.

Plebeian

BE / BSc, with the idea of doing advanced science. I really need to look at a handbook because I have no idea what subjects I'm enrolling in :(

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Semester One
MATH 1901 Differential Calculus (Adv), possibly 1906 if all goes to plan
MATH 1902 Linear Algebra (Adv)
ENGG 1801 Intro Computing OR CHEM 1901 Chemistry 1A (Adv)
AERO 1560 Intoduction to Aerospace Engineering
PHYS 1901 Physics 1A (Adv)

Semester Two

MATH 1903 or 1907 Integral Calculus and Modelling (Adv)
MATH 1904 Discrete Mathematics (Adv)
MATH 1905 Statistics (Adv)
PHYS 1902 Physics 1B (Adv)
ENGG 1802 Engineering Mechanics
ELEC 1103 Professional Electrical Engineering OR CHEM 1902 Chemistry 1B (Adv)

I need to work out if I can defer units to do chem and still have enough room to do 2nd year physics

Last edited:

picaresque

HSC
Lainee said:
Congrats! I'll be seeing you there then!

Oh btw, what do you mean by paying so soon? I didn't have the net before 12am so my friend checked for me. She didn't tell me anything other than that I got in. :p And now UAC is down for maintenance, so I can't check it myself!
Oh, I was planning on paying my HECS up-front and hadn't realised that this would mean I would need to be able to produce a few thousand dollars by next monday. Especially since my first scholarship installment won't be until March. But like most money problems, this is pretty insignificant.

Congrats on getting in!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)