Potentially stupid question from New uni student (1 Viewer)

Biswuck

HSC
hey. I accepted an offer to do international studies at macquarie, but i want to do arts media. so what ive done is changed my preference so arts media comes above.
but, does a course generally run out of vacancies after the main round?
and more importantly, can my offer be terminated in anyway for international studies even if i accepted it? i wanna make sure i wanna actually get in haha

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you have accepted International Studies you are in.

If you get a second or final round offer you then have a choice - accept the new offer and withdrew from the original offer or just keep the original offer.

So long as you accept the offer you have now you are going to uni - congratulations.

Biswuck

HSC
excellent. All i needed to do was press the accept button as well? no need to fill in any other details?

CCMc

HSC
If Macquarie is anything like UNSW you would need to do a bit more than simply press the accept button. At UNSW you had to get a student number and password, state your method of payment of fees along with other personal needs and so forth. On another point, it would be wise to enrol into your units of study for international studies now. This is incase you don't get your late round offer. Otherwise you could be stuck with a lousy timetable for international studies.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
^ MQ students can't enrol in units yet, first years have to attend a designated 'enrolment day', which i believe is later on in February. (Just saying so the OP doesn't freak out when they find they can't enrol).

Salliea

HSC
Regarding your question on vacancies, it depends on how many students apply/accepts their offer, and the capacity that the uni is willing to accept.
If what you want to do is BA - Arts, then there are still vacancies.
If I got the course wrong, you can check here: http://images.smh.com.au/file/2012/0...=1326880951140

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)