Pre-SRS offer from Macquarie? (1 Viewer)

Jenny927

Buttercup
HSC
If so, which course?

I got either commerce or commerce/B arts

And does anyone know how the offer works? Do we need to meet a required min. atar?

I know UTS needs you to get 69 ATAR for the SRS

carmela300

HSC
I am also confused, I got a letter for Law and don't know what to do now :L

Jenny927

Buttercup
HSC
My friend got one too com/law, its hard aye, this really puts me on the spot on picking either UTS or Macquarie ... haha

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
High five people! I got a pre-srs-offer from macquarie for a Bachelor of Speech, Hearing and Language Sciences+ Human Sciences.

If someone finds out the answer, please post.

dontbeannoying

HSC
High five people! I got a pre-srs-offer from macquarie for a Bachelor of Speech, Hearing and Language Sciences+ Human Sciences.

If someone finds out the answer, please post.
if it says to apply on dec 4th and accept the offer its unconditional and you enrol on the same day macquarie does not require a min atar but for commerce you might have to do an interview or cv

vrawr

HSC
Uni Grad
Can you tell whether the pre-offer is unconditional or not, before the 2nd of december?

alphabetafeta96

HSC
Uni Grad
I sent UAC an email asking this exactly ^ and their reply was just a cut and paste from this doc http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/srs/Pre-offerAdviceLetters.pdf . Ruddy idiots, I swear this whole situation could be removed if they utilized better wording and weren't so damn ambiguous.

Maybe we should contact Mac directly? I would have sworn that if you got a pre-offer advice letter then it just means that your srs application has been successful so now you can either have a) an unconditional offer or b) a conditional offer. However if you get a conditional offer and you don't meet the ATAR then obviously there is a chance you might not get into the course.

Hence ( I'm assuming everyone's letter was worded in the same way) this is why it doesn't make sense at all to put such definite statements such as "I look forward to you joining us on Campus in 2015" when in fact individuals may not get the ATAR needed?

Too confusing.

alphabetafeta96

HSC
Uni Grad
I know this is a bit early as no one has got any confirmed offers from mac yet, but is anyone interested in a bored of studies 1st year mac meet in O week if we do get in? I thought it would be good considering our numbers are substantially smaller than the number of people on bored from unsw or syd.

vrawr

HSC
Uni Grad
I know this might be a little too late ( jokes its pretty damn late) but I emailed them whether it was unconditional or not and this is what they replied with:

Thank you for your enquiry and interest in studying at Macquarie University.

Essentially, as long as you have the course listed in the pre-offer advice letter as their first preference by Tuesday December 2, you will be made an offer on Thursday December 4. This is despite your ATAR or academic results of your HSC.

Congratulations!

I trust that you find the above information useful. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Olivia
Student Administration Assistant
Student Connect

Its still not that clear sooo its unconditional??? but yeah, hope that helps.

P.S DID ANYONE ELSE GET A PHONE CALL AND AN EXTRA EMAIL? MY FRIEND DID TO REMIND HER... I DIDNT THO :(

Last edited:

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
I know this might be a little too late ( jokes its pretty damn late) but I emailed them whether it was unconditional or not and this is what they replied with:

Thank you for your enquiry and interest in studying at Macquarie University.

Essentially, as long as you have the course listed in the pre-offer advice letter as their first preference by Tuesday December 2, you will be made an offer on Thursday December 4. This is despite your ATAR or academic results of your HSC.

Congratulations!

I trust that you find the above information useful. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Olivia
Student Administration Assistant
Student Connect

Its still not that clear sooo its unconditional??? but yeah, hope that helps.

P.S DID ANYONE ELSE GET A PHONE CALL AND AN EXTRA EMAIL? MY FRIEND DID TO REMIND HER... I DIDNT THO :(
Oops, I should've read this post before I made a thread regarding the offers. I also got the phone call and email.

I have never felt more special in my life...

vrawr

HSC
Uni Grad
Oops, I should've read this post before I made a thread regarding the offers. I also got the phone call and email.

I have never felt more special in my life...
you're so lucky lol ... I hope I still get the offer even though I didn't ._.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)