Predict raw mark /120 + scaled mark (1 Viewer)

vafa

HSC
N/A
This test was Super*super*super*....*super=nsuper easy
when i looked at the paper I thought I got the wrong paper and I called the suprvisor and told him that I got the 2 unit paper not 43 unit paper and he said read the front cover.it is 43 unit. I finished the paper in 2 hours and i started to answer from last questions to first question. If we be honest, then we will need to say even this year's question 7 and 8 was not in the level of prevous years first question level. it was n times easier. I do not think i had to think about a question. Or maybe I am exagerrating about the fact that was easy. I got 120/120.

Question:
!20/120 MEANS BAND 6 SO WHAT WOULD BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND SOMEONE WHO GETS 90, BASICALLY AS WE SAID 90 WOULD GET A BAND 6 RIGHT?
I WILL APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE CLARIFY THAT FOR ME.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
vafa said:
Question:
!20/120 MEANS BAND 6 SO WHAT WOULD BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND SOMEONE WHO GETS 90, BASICALLY AS WE SAID 90 WOULD GET A BAND 6 RIGHT?
The difference is he/she wouldn't be an egotistical jackass about it.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
vafa said:
This test was Super*super*super*....*super=nsuper easy
when i looked at the paper I thought I got the wrong paper and I called the suprvisor and told him that I got the 2 unit paper not 43 unit paper and he said read the front cover.it is 43 unit. I finished the paper in 2 hours and i started to answer from last questions to first question. If we be honest, then we will need to say even this year's question 7 and 8 was not in the level of prevous years first question level. it was n times easier. I do not think i had to think about a question. Or maybe I am exagerrating about the fact that was easy. I got 120/120.

Question:
hahah talk about being modest. XD

expect: 90-97/120

plzzzzz be a band 6! =o

CheekyPunk

HSC
i reckon i can get 70/120
minus a few for silly mistakes, so around 50-60%

hoping that i'll get the 60% and get scaled up to 80% i doubt that though, realistically maybe 75 scaled.

if there wasnt Q7-8, i'd have around 75%+ but... there was xD

Billy Shears

HSC
I think i got between 60-70, which puts me out of everyone else here's league but would someone know what 60-70 scales to approx.
And what's band E4 (90s, 80s?)

warstalker

I dunno
HSC
I think i got one of the worst... really bad exam for me ahhhhh...
got around 50/120

anyone have any clues what it scales to ??

shindig

HSC
yeah i think i can get a max of 75 /120 hopefully that will get me into band 5
yeah. and whats this e4, e3 thing. what band do they equate to?

switchfootfan

HSC
I hate to be a spoil sport but......
What you guys are saying that you did supposedly above 95 marks or so on the test cannot be true, did you actually work that out or are you just guessing? my teacher reckon that this was a really hard test compared with previous years. And this whole thing about someone getting 100% wont happen. No one has gotten full marks for the test in over 20 years and this was not an easy test even if some of you say it is.

3li

HSC
N/A
hopefulli 105-110
if i dont do silly mistakes

zeek

HSC
I dont see why its not possible to get 100% in an exam, especially maths since all it requires is you learning theory and then applying it repeatedly.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
switchfootfan said:
What you guys are saying that you did supposedly above 95 marks or so on the test cannot be true, did you actually work that out or are you just guessing? my teacher reckon that this was a really hard test compared with previous years. And this whole thing about someone getting 100% wont happen. No one has gotten full marks for the test in over 20 years and this was not an easy test even if some of you say it is.
No, in 1993 or 1994 there is one guy who got full mark RAW in 4u I believe. This year is comparatively easy somehow, I was really hoping this exam to be the real killer so this year will be remembered, but it wasn't as hard as my liking. I'm not saying that I killed the test.

3li

HSC
N/A
switchfootfan said:
in 93 some1 got full marks, and that test was admittedly the hardest in a long time.
i think some1 will achieve full marks for this test because it its certainly attainable

crazedmo2003

HSC
Usually a 70/120 will get you an E4 I think.

And this test, whilst not particularly hard, does suffer from being long. Meaning that all but the most astute will stuff up some point or another. (It IS 120 marks worth of stuff) so I don't think we'll have a repeat of 93, people like those are 1 in a million.

Anyway, tipping time, I think amongst the top 10, we'll see:

Alex from Ruse (that guy is insane, I get the impression he neither eats nor sleeps)
Steve from Grammar
Henry Maung from Baulko (but I don't know, for trials he got 119/120, and he pretty much always gets around that mark, BUT he said he got a question wrong this time)

3li

HSC
N/A
crazedmo2003 said:
Usually a 70/120 will get you an E4 I think.

And this test, whilst not particularly hard, does suffer from being long. Meaning that all but the most astute will stuff up some point or another. (It IS 120 marks worth of stuff) so I don't think we'll have a repeat of 93, people like those are 1 in a million.

Anyway, tipping time, I think amongst the top 10, we'll see:

Alex from Ruse (that guy is insane, I get the impression he neither eats nor sleeps)
Steve from Grammar
Henry Maung from Baulko (but I don't know, for trials he got 119/120, and he pretty much always gets around that mark, BUT he said he got a question wrong this time)
yeh add to that list:
stan from ruse, he's also topping 4u and he said that he 'got everything' out... so unless he did some silly mistake/s
also van from syd boys, friend tells me lost 1 mark this year, but was because teacher couldn't read his writing.

crazedmo2003

HSC
It's going to be:

Places 2--10: asians and a few indian/lankans who top their school, provided their school is ranked in the top 10

But first place will go to like some random white guy from outback town bogan high

Argh, I just heard from my friend that Steve didn't do that well apparently.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)