Predict raw mark /120 + scaled mark (1 Viewer)

jul1e

HSC
My teacher said that 80% of 4 unit students get into bands e3 and e4. The rest shouldn't be there in the first place, which is about 1500 people.

gamecw

HSC
jul1e said:
My teacher said that 80% of 4 unit students get into bands e3 and e4. The rest shouldn't be there in the first place, which is about 1500 people.
lol?

there're about 3000~3500 students doing HSC everyear, if 80% of them get e3+ why wud there be 1500 ppl getin e3-

Bookie

Banned
HSC
3li said:
yeh add to that list:
stan from ruse, he's also topping 4u and he said that he 'got everything' out... so unless he did some silly mistake/s
also van from syd boys, friend tells me lost 1 mark this year, but was because teacher couldn't read his writing.
VINH

not van.

but he's adamant he didnt get full marks yesterday. but he also said he's sure no one else wouldve got full marks either.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
vafa said:
This test was Super*super*super*....*super=nsuper easy
I would tend to agree, the Q8 was just a slight extension on most of the hard Q8's you can find in Trials, adn even then they stepped you through it like a dumbass.
switchfootfan said:
My teacher reckon that this was a really hard test compared with previous years.
Your teacher's an idiot. This is the easiest 4unit I've seen in a while.
crazedmo2003 said:
But first place will go to like some random white guy from outback town bogan high.
They automatically get their exam mark as their school mark. It's a huge bonus not going up against selective school kiddies and losing out, then nailing them in the exam.

Oh, and Vinh didn't do so well? Damn, I was tipping that dude.

I can guarantee that full marks was attainable on this test (to be fair, I've said that about all of them since '00, but this one's easier).

switchfootfan

HSC
just to clear things up i misinterpreted my teacher when he said that it was the hardest, he that it was one of the longest- especially if your one of those people that just work slower (like me). sorry if i offended anyone....My Bad
by the way i am still adiment that no one is going to get full marks cause people said that about last year and the year before and no one did.
Also, in your list of people to top the state add Trung (hope i spelled it right) from Smiths hill in wollongong. said he reckons he got 116 out of 120 and he's accelerated, he will definately be up there.

haque

HSC
KeypadSDM said:
I would tend to agree, the Q8 was just a slight extension on most of the hard Q8's you can find in Trials, adn even then they stepped you through it like a dumbass.Your teacher's an idiot. This is the easiest 4unit I've seen in a while.They automatically get their exam mark as their school mark. It's a huge bonus not going up against selective school kiddies and losing out, then nailing them in the exam.

Oh, and Vinh didn't do so well? Damn, I was tipping that dude.

I can guarantee that full marks was attainable on this test (to be fair, I've said that about all of them since '00, but this one's easier).
Full marks is certainly attainable in most of the hscs but i guess under exam conditions a lot of people break down and stuff up and make mistakes they wouldn't normally make-i mean 3 hours is a long time-in saying that this years one was probably the easiest-i too was tipping vinh before i got cut up by misdreavous in the other forum lol

pesila

HSC
I'm thinking I'm getting about 110, but given that 119/120 is 100, 95/120 is 95, and 70/120 is 90 (going by rumours and stuff) 110 should be about 98 yeah? 5 marks per aligned mark roughly?

sasquatch

HSC
vafa said:
This test was Super*super*super*....*super=nsuper easy
your a fucken retard..if something was

super*super blah blah

it will equal super^n not n*super... you get this wrong and you claim a 120/120..what a fuck head

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Well all I know is

I attempted 80/120

and am pretty sure I will only get about 5 wrong in terms of mistakes

the only problem is I aint ranked 1st in my class, and If I get dragged down much, I aint going to be happy at all lol

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
pesila said:
I'm thinking I'm getting about 110, but given that 119/120 is 100, 95/120 is 95, and 70/120 is 90 (going by rumours and stuff) 110 should be about 98 yeah? 5 marks per aligned mark roughly?
wow 70/120 scales to 90-rumours? thats not too bad

QBGuy

HSC
Where do these incredulous rumours stem from?
Perhaps 70/120 would have scaled to 90 in some of the other years, but it's unlikely that it'll happen this year, given the *relative* easiness of the test.

Full marks was certainly achievable in that exam - since it was within the reach of seven of the top James Ruse mathematicians! [Oh rumour mills make the world go round.]

haque

HSC
QBGuy said:
Where do these incredulous rumours stem from?
Perhaps 70/120 would have scaled to 90 in some of the other years, but it's unlikely that it'll happen this year, given the *relative* easiness of the test.

Full marks was certainly achievable in that exam - since it was within the reach of seven of the top James Ruse mathematicians! [Oh rumour mills make the world go round.]
I agree with QBguy-the cut off should be around 90(this is based on 2004 where it was 89)-lol QBguy keep posting ur on fire

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
haque said:
I agree with QBguy-the cut off should be around 90(this is based on 2004 where it was 89)-lol QBguy keep posting ur on fire
...Damn I thought 70 was way too low.

*Tears begin to well*

Well, only time will tell

haque

HSC
keep ur hopes up Rax-if a lot of people made silly mistakes then it might be around 80-i'm just basing this on everyones predicted marks-lol i know i made quite a few silly mistakes(even though i checked over it) i hope perhaps there will be more silly mistakes and the cutoff will be lower

3li

HSC
N/A
haque said:
keep ur hopes up Rax-if a lot of people made silly mistakes then it might be around 80-i'm just basing this on everyones predicted marks-lol i know i made quite a few silly mistakes(even though i checked over it) i hope perhaps there will be more silly mistakes and the cutoff will be lower
depends on ur internal as well haque if u want state ranking, wat was ur rank?

haque

HSC
Too many silly mistakes man so state ranking chances are prolly(close to definitely) gone-i'm number 1 for 3U and 4U-good luck to u and everyone else for their exam results-i'm scared of december 19

Edit:btw how did guys at ur school(NSB) go?

Last edited:

3li

HSC
N/A
i havent asked the top guy (topping 3u and 4u) but i dont think anyone else rekons they got full marks for 4u, for 3u there will probably be a few full markers in the top10.

haque

HSC
so how many 110+ r u guys expecting? yea for3u quite a few guys thought full marks too(at my skool)-there's a bit of debate on interpretting the blocks q in 3u whether the order in which the colours are stacked is relevant or not or whether it is the different number of blocks that causes the towers to be different

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)