Predicting the future [weird I know] (1 Viewer)

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
hey peeps...
ok now don't think I'm a freak, but I though it would be interesting to find out whether you guyz believe in star signs, fortune tellers, palm reading, the widgy board (don't know how to spell sorry) etc. It's also true that it's against some religions to believe in all that witchy stuff...

anyway, does anyone know any cool sites that "tell the future" (you know what I mean lol).

Also, I am dying to know how to read palms for some weird reason..:=/

Jiga

TBH I think its all a load of crap :uhhuh:

Ive always thought they were full of it, and even more so after I listened to one of those radio ones where they predict the future (It took over the footy so I wasnt happy!!). Heres how some conversations went:

Convo #1
Radio Guy: So you think the house is important to you, you've always owned it and find it hard to leave
Caller: Ah yeah....... Ive never owned a house before
Radio Guy : Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.......... that doesnt matter, its about how your finding it hard to leave isnt it.........*awkward silence*

Convo#2
Radio Guy: So your lucky numbers are 2,3,4,5,6
Caller: I got those last time and nothing happened
Radio Guy: Ah um, ah um etc

Something along those lines, it happened like 4 times in the one 'episode', other times you can hear in the callers tone of voice that they just lost all faith in the future telling crap becuase the radio dude is talking out of his arse!

Alot of this stuff is reserved for like 50+ people or those who are bums and need hope... its the sad truth (Not trying to knock anyone)

HSC
N/A
I find Georgina Walker on 2dayFM pretty freakily scary spot-on. And I think she's genuine.

Whilst I don't really think I place absolute faith in astrology/palmistry/tarot, I find it very intriguing and suprisingly accurate sometimes. But I do think it's important that "generalised" readings (eg Scorpio for me) aren't always going to be accurate... there are so many factors to consider like your moon sign, 5th house etc etc. A good (astrological) reading will take in the whole picture.

A fantastic free personality assessment can be found at http://www.astro.com, if you know your time of birth. Most accurate I've ever come across.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
im into all of that. i always read my horoscope, and im obsessed with analysing my dreams.

the other day though, i was reading my horoscope in New Idea, i think it was. Im a taurus, so that likes april/may. and it said "something something.. will come to those, especially born around November". WTF!! what kind of taurean is born in november? clearly, they have just shoved some random reading for each sign. :(

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Shell said:
im into all of that. i always read my horoscope, and im obsessed with analysing my dreams.

the other day though, i was reading my horoscope in New Idea, i think it was. Im a taurus, so that likes april/may. and it said "something something.. will come to those, especially born around November". WTF!! what kind of taurean is born in november? clearly, they have just shoved some random reading for each sign. :(
lol. the same sort of thing happened to me. I'm an Aquarius and it said something about "Pisces" (sp?) underneath the Aquarius heading...

But that was in my dodgy and rediculously overpriced local newspaper. You would think a magazine like New Idea would be more careful.

HSC
N/A
Shell said:

They were probably talking about fixed signs - ie leo, aquarius, scorpio (mostly born in November) and taurus :) But if it was in the taurus section, then their astrologer must have been drunk or something :p

I love astro when it's accurate though... I consider magazine astros mainly entertainment because they're far too generalised. If you haven't already, check out a personal profile at the astro.com place and post up whether it was accurate or not :) Mine is scarily so!

yy

HSC
N/A
no, all the "predictions" they make are too vague, imo

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
glitterfairy said:
They were probably talking about fixed signs - ie leo, aquarius, scorpio (mostly born in November) and taurus :) But if it was in the taurus section, then their astrologer must have been drunk or something :p

I love astro when it's accurate though... I consider magazine astros mainly entertainment because they're far too generalised. If you haven't already, check out a personal profile at the astro.com place and post up whether it was accurate or not :) Mine is scarily so!
erm.. i cant find 'personal profile' anywhere on that site. wait, theres a personal portrait. i guess its the same thing.
"you are very practical, a good planner, and clear about your purposes."
hmm i guess. yes.
"You are extremely ambitious and have a secret desire for a prominent position in either politics or finance. Money interests you very much, and you tend to be extremely careful in financial matters."

well i AM doing accounting, and money interests me greatly, but i dont believe that i am ambitious at all. in fact, i have no ambitions, or goals :(

"Deep within yourself you are warm-hearted, kind, and amorous. Others find you somewhat unapproachable because of your cool, indifferent exterior."

oh my god, yes, sport on.

"You appear as a solid, secure, even slow person, fond of moving along tangible lines, disliking abstract speculation."

erm :S. im not a 'slow' person!

"exhibiting much patience in dealings with other people"

i have no patience whatsoever when it comes to incompetence.

"once you have made up your mind, you are closed to all other suggestion or opinion."

that is fucking exactly me. scary.

"much mental speculation with ideas concerning the possibilities of existence after death."

hmm yeah i guess i think about that a lot

"At some point of your existence there will be possibilities of inheritance through members of the female sex or the maternal side of your family."

wow hope thats true.

well, overall, that WAS pretty accurate, but some things were completely off

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Shell said:
erm.. i cant find 'personal profile' anywhere on that site. wait, theres a personal portrait. i guess its the same thing.

well, overall, that WAS pretty accurate, but some things were completely off
Some of mine seem way-off too (note - make sure birth time and location are spot on), however if I think back to when I was younger they certainly ring true.

I've always thought astrology worked on a kind of "potential" basis - whilst a lot of what they say is quite accurate for a number of people, it never dictates anything that HAS to be. Ultimately, we are the ones in control of our destiny :)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i like to think that everything we do is already planned. right down to the timing of your blinks.

arrested development
HSC
I think that dreams definitely have meanings, but I don't believe in any of that horoscopes stuff. It's all far too ambiguous and broad, and if you read basically any horoscope you can find that it applies to you in some way.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
so why would you read the thread AND post in it, if you think its garbage?

HSC
N/A
The_highwayman said:
i have 'seen the future' in my dreams on occasion.

it was freaky when the scene i pictured actually appeared IRL.
On a kind of tangent -

A few years ago I was thinking about going out with this guy... and not long after, I had 5 extremely vivid dreams (as in the ones where you wake up and can still remember everything perfectly) within 4 days about guys who totally screwed me over.

None of those situations have happened yet, but at the time it was just like "ok! I get the message! You can stop now!" :p

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Shell said:
so why would you read the thread AND post in it, if you think its garbage?
you mean we should only post if we agree or don't think its garbage?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
By the way

Although I find it quite true about certain star signs sharing common traits, I dismiss most of it as garbage also.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Astrological profiles are deliberately vague and ambiguous, calculated for gullibles to respond appropriately: "omg that's lyk totally ME", and potentially cough up $ for personal readings or whatever else.

I'm sure I could read any star sign's horoscope and find "me" in it.

I used to be into this sort of thing but eventually I realised how silly it all is. I'm convined astrologists just make up any old garbage or have some sort of handy dandy instant horoscope generator installed on their computers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)