Predicting the future [weird I know] (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Shell said:
i like to think that everything we do is already planned. right down to the timing of your blinks.
A bit naive don't you think?

What about the kid that live for three days in ethiopia and died? Planned, was it.

So I can't really control my destiny, right, if everything is planned.

Well I think you make your own future....

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
nah with me,
Hey I don't take this sort of stuff that serious, although I do sometimes believe the things Dolly mag says about my star sign. And yeah about dreams, I sometimes have the same dream more than once, and it's usually those scary type dreams.. but then that could have simply been a coincidence

so yeah, I don't fully believe this sort of stuff is garbage, but then I don't fully believe in it either...
it's

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
nah with me,
Hey I don't take this sort of stuff that serious, although I do sometimes believe the things Dolly mag says about my star sign. And yeah about dreams, I sometimes have the same dream more than once, and it's usually those scary type dreams.. but then that could have simply been a coincidence

so yeah, I don't fully believe this sort of stuff is garbage, but then I don't fully believe in it either...
it's
ooops sorry for double posting, but I just noticed that I added a few extra lines that weren't supposed to be there, so yeah, don't try correcting me:)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
you mean we should only post if we agree or don't think its garbage?
no, but at least back up your opinion with reasons why you think its garbage.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
In regards to dreams, I dont think they can actually have a true dictionary or meaning beyond the traditional signs - eg a white dove = peace etc, because we are surrounded by symbology, and we create them in our minds, not the other way around - ie it's not that a dove appeared in your dream and you must look at the definition in some whack dream interpreting book. Things in dreams are exactly what they normally mean to you, to a degree.

Other than that, dreams, I feel, only say something as a reflection of your subconscious. Just because something is recurring may not mean something's trying to tell you something.

I don't face my parents anymore in real life, or think about them and how I hurt them or how they hurt me, but I get recurring dreams about them because I don't face them in consciousness. Get what I mean by my example? It's not telling me to do anything, it's my own conscious' way of creating a balance when I contain issues or thoughts.

But then, I'm not doing psychology or anything. But in context with the thread where dreams have been looped together with tarot cards and horoscopes, again, I regard it as trash, considering most dream interpreting books etc contain little to do with the psychological side, and just mere symbologies that contain tedious cliches.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
glitterfairy said:
I find Georgina Walker on 2dayFM pretty freakily scary spot-on. And I think she's genuine.
yeah she's pretty good...actually one of the reasons i'm not a complete skeptic, because she does seem genuine. i think it is possible for people to be psychic and i do believe in astrology...its just that all the horoscopes you read in the paper and in magazines are basically crap...they say such broad things that could apply to absolutely anyone eg "you will experience travel sometime in the next two weeks"...well, yeah, unless you never ever leave the house, ever, of course you will! the worst is when they get things completely wrong and its obvious they havent got a clue - someone said something about them getting dates wrong. i've found that quite a lot - the funniest horoscope i've ever read (i'm an aquarius btw) started out with "Aquarians born in late december..." and ended with "something all Taureans will find important." and all under an aquarius heading! wtf??? anway im going to try this profile thing.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hmm, i just did that personal portrait thingy...it's actually pretty good. some stuff was a little off but most of it was accurate *spooky*

"Throughout life your most conscious aim will be creative self-expression."
- yep!

"Essentially, you are expansive, guided by intuition and emotion, and falling very easily into elated or depressive moods."
- yes, unfortunately :eek:

"there are very good prospects for success as a painter, musician, writer, or poet."
- okay, this is a little weird. I guess I'm a good writer...but apart from that, no.

"you may find it hard to determine definite goals in your life."
- hell yes. I'm dreading my next meeting with my careers advisor.

"A final psychological trait is a secret desire to become known professionally."
- yes... :eek:

"The key to a satisfactory solution of the various problems that will arise throughout life lies in your ability to endure difficulties with patience. "
- i dont know about this. i'm not very patient at all...

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
yeah she's pretty good...actually one of the reasons i'm not a complete skeptic, because she does seem genuine. i think it is possible for people to be psychic and i do believe in astrology...its just that all the horoscopes you read in the paper and in magazines are basically crap...they say such broad things that could apply to absolutely anyone eg "you will experience travel sometime in the next two weeks"...well, yeah, unless you never ever leave the house, ever, of course you will! the worst is when they get things completely wrong and its obvious they havent got a clue - someone said something about them getting dates wrong. i've found that quite a lot - the funniest horoscope i've ever read (i'm an aquarius btw) started out with "Aquarians born in late december..." and ended with "something all Taureans will find important." and all under an aquarius heading! wtf??? anway im going to try this profile thing.
hahaha yeah, I only ever read magazine astrology for a light read because they're SO generic (because it's not finacially viable to print accurate astrological reports for the x number of people that read them :p) and only look at the main influences that are likely to affect almost anyone in the given period.

The jury is still out where dreams are concerned. I've found that I tend to have two types of dreams - the "normal" type where I barely remember anything when I wake up, and the very vivid type where I can remember every single detail. Additionally, with the 'vivid' dreams sometimes I'm me, and sometimes I'm not (this is just something I think you instinctively know in dreams...). If I'm "not me", then I'll normally be talking to people I've never met before, in a location I've never been in/that doesn't look anything like what I'm familiar with, etc etc. It's not too freaky because I'm normally a female around my real-life age, however it's weird to "see" things that go on, and the thought patterns, and have a part of you in the background thinking "what's going on?" "why is this happening?"

A friend of mine who is a firm believer in astro/palmistry/tarot etc said when this happens, it is because you are "crossing into another plane". No idea how accurate this is but it's certainly interesting to think about...! lol

funkless

HSC
N/A
I tend to think of pyschic folk as good 'situation predictors', like they sense the variables involved in a situation and come up with a possible future, kinda like input for a computer. No future is set in stone, so I think pyschic folk might tell the best scenario out of the variables presented and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy because that's what the person wants, that's what they want to hear and they will work towards...consciously or not. Of course, how they go about make sure this scenario come true is another matter.

Pyshic folk pick up on body language, voice tone/speech, the facts presented and can uncannily predict and know things. Like the real thing can set out their scenario and people can work towards it. People want to hear the best thing and they want the best thing, how about motivation from a person who can learn 'secret knowledge' about THEM exclusively from some mysterious and divine place?

I tend to think its mainly about mind power working in an unusual and unused ways, and a bit chance thrown in too.

Last edited:

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Astrology and the like are full of crap, obviously, however university studies in the US have shown that the average person reacts to a disturbing image (in a set of normal images) on a screen milliseconds before it actually appears - so the concept itself isnt as unfeasible as a normal person would think.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
HSC
The_highwayman said:
christians aren't supposed to talk to psychics.

But that's still probably a result of the middle ages with and all that "witch" mumbo jumbo.
I heard that when you play that freaky board game, you're actually talking to the devil and that it's going to start living in your house. lol

n the scary thing is that I've played that game before, when I was like 11 or something.

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
i believe that you can predict the future. i have. but there are also heaps of frauds out there that just bullshit for money. anyway palm reading - you can get heaps of books on it thats what i do. im more into tarot tho.
anyway im liberal catholic and u can practise tarot and palm reading etc etc. our priest in africs used to do tarot cards with my mum. so there you go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)