Predictions and Results (Semester 1 2009) (1 Viewer)

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A

jaimebien

HSC
You can inspect it under supervision in the UOS coordinator's office. You can't take it home. You can make notes though. Email the coordinator and make a time to inspect it.

You are allowed a remark. However, as I said before, often they will be harsher because you are asking for a remark for a trivial reason.
Well, I got the marks I deserved, so I don't have a re-mark in mind. But I would still like to see where I went wrong. I emailed my English tutor and he was very helpful, giving me quite extensive comments. But is it worth looking at the actual paper? Is it like in the HSC English major works where they annotate on the paper, or will there be like underlines and comments on certain sections, just as there are in the non-exam essays?

Doomah

HSC
Well, I got the marks I deserved, so I don't have a re-mark in mind. But I would still like to see where I went wrong. I emailed my English tutor and he was very helpful, giving me quite extensive comments. But is it worth looking at the actual paper? Is it like in the HSC English major works where they annotate on the paper, or will there be like underlines and comments on certain sections, just as there are in the non-exam essays?
really depends, may have a tick here and there indicating a mark. may have -ve indicating negative mark for a stupid answer, or may have nothing at all.

Libbster

HSC
wow that's freaking amazing, congrats libbster! i had the same mark for admin :) got a P in legal profession *shudders* would've done better overall but I lost 2 weeks being sick during the semester -_-
lol legal profession was the biggest wank ever, i just gambled on the 90% exam and luckily it paid off lol. that happened to me last yr, i got really sick in stuvac and hence went shit in public law lol.

i was disappointed with my admin mark mainly because i did the most work for it (fed con i just studied the night b4 lol) and i really felt i nailed the exam, cos i'd prepared an awesome essay on standing and analysed the problems really well (or so i thought lol).

i'm happy with intro to property tho, considering we have to do whole separate subjects on property and equity next semester, it's left me feeling a bit more confident!

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
3Cr1P

my marks for all my subs but especially for psych was expected but a bit disappointing. 5/16 for neuroscience. all my other marks for the different topics were just as bad. like wtf. :(
OMG HAI!!!! everyone had trouble with psych exam, you passed! dont worry :)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I've seen exams and they have comments on them.

Depends on the lecturer/marker though.

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A
50% distinctions (late 70s), 50% fail. If I get a letter from the Uni asking me to explain myself, I'll just point to the distinctions? I couldn't go on the day of the exams because my brace wire popped out of my mouth and I looked like a fucking lawnmower. I got a medical certificate but for some reason, I didn't think submitting a consideration thing with a ripped medical certificate was going to really help me. Now that I think about it, it probably would have, but whatever. Next semester, I'll try harder, though I'm pretty happy with my results. I just got on the cusp of an D (75), so I'm satisfied despite the fails.

Last edited:

Nousiainen

HSC
N/A
Sorry, I meant distinction. :shy: *edits* (The failures have made me paranoid).

Last edited:

Doomah

HSC
50% distinctions (late 70s), 50% fail. If I get a letter from the Uni asking me to explain myself, I'll just point to the distinctions? I couldn't go on the day of the exams because my brace wire popped out of my mouth and I looked like a fucking lawnmower. I got a medical certificate but for some reason, I didn't think submitting a consideration thing with a ripped medical certificate was going to really help me. Now that I think about it, it probably would have, but whatever. Next semester, I'll try harder, though I'm pretty happy with my results. I just got on the cusp of an D (75), so I'm satisfied despite the fails.

they can see your DN's so no need to point that out for them.

all they want to hear is "this is my first year at uni, i have difficulties at the beginning adjusting, but now i got a good kick in the butt and now i will try harder"

nick1689

HSC
ECOP 2011 Economics of Modern Capitalism 68.0 Credit
GOVT 2225 International Security in 21st Century 63.0 Pass
GOVT 2991 Government 2 Honours 73.0 Credit
HSTY 2667 Politics and Cultures of US Imperialism 59.0 Pass

That's right, Im the only average student here...

Was hoping for a C in Govt2225 - it was actually my favourite unit to date, just that the assessments were really hard. Disappointed I didnt get a D for GOVT2991, must have screwed up the exam

Probably a below average semester for me, but since Hsty bored the absolute shit out of me (thought I was going to fail), and GOVT2225 turned out to be harder than I thought (even though it was really interesting) it makes sense

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
also are they electives? if you fail electives i guess that might help.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Considering I had a mental breakdown and didn't study, I think I went ok. Only one course below a credit and it was sooooo close, rargh.

:)

I also did very well in Chinese, I found this quite amusing!

lala2

Banned
HSC
All results are now out for me.

BIOL1003 Human Biology 90.0 High Distinction
CHEM1611 Chemistry A (Pharmacy) 92.0 High Distinction
PHAR1811 Foundations of Pharmacy 87.0 High Distinction
PHAR1812 Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences 90.0 High Distinction

I'm sooooo stoked. :D
danz, congrats yet again! You're definitely one of the top pharm students. I don't know when my results came out, but I regained Internet access today and they are:

PHAR3613 Pharmacy Practice 3A 68.0 Credit
PHAR4618 Integrated Pharmacy Practice 67.0 Credit
PHAR4619 Drug Development and New Drug Technologies 68.0 Credit
PHAR4620 Integrated Dispensing 78.0 Distinction

I'm so relieved I passed everything, during the time I had no internet access I had nightmares about my results. However, not pleased with PHAR4619--I'm guessing massive negative scaling applied because I was definitely sitting on about 79 raw assuming a final exam performance of 60%. I'm also not too happy about PHAR3613 and PHAR4618 in the sense that I felt I was sitting in the 70-74 range, but at least they're not 64s. PHAR4620 very pleasantly surprised by--I worked my ass off all semester for it and wasn't expecting a D at all. All in all, could've been better but considering I was overloading, all while being completely disillusioned and thinking this sem is total bullshit (which it is), I guess I'm....ok.

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC
I'll bite.

FRNC2612 72.0
FRNC2615 74.0 (!!)
SPAN1601 79.0
LNGS1001 80.0
GOVT2445 67.0

Considerin' it was an overload, not too bad? But I've got more pressure on myself to do better on a non-overload sem now.

McMizza

Sociology/Psyc UniStudent
HSC
One of my subjects says incomplete... boo... won't get it until next week... grr
Apparently there was "an unforeseen issue with results processing."

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
I'll bite.

FRNC2612 72.0
FRNC2615 74.0 (!!)
SPAN1601 79.0
LNGS1001 80.0
GOVT2445 67.0

Considerin' it was an overload, not too bad? But I've got more pressure on myself to do better on a non-overload sem now.
Very good with the Spanish mark....killed it

el gwapo

HSC
EDUF 3030 Australian Secondary Schooling 86
ICLS 2633 Cities of the World 77
EDUF 2006 Educational Psychology 70
ANHS 2601 Ancient Imperialism 70

Relatively average to my past results. I wonder if I was in the top 10 in EDUF 3030 since I'm quite proud of that HD, it's my second one but the one from EDUF 1019 was a freebie anyway. Other than that I think a 70 for ed psych is good as I struggled at the essay

izzy88

HSC
yay finally got mine!

LAWS1018 International Law- 85
ANHS2601 Ancient Imperialism- 88
HSTY2672 Britain and the World- 94
ANHS3611 Research Issues in Roman History- 82

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)