Predictions for Chemistry 2015? (1 Viewer)

teridax

HSC
N/A
Anything that hasn't yet been asked? There could be a couple of those obscure pracs that no one ever does coming up (e.g. water prac in CM&M, lawn fertiliser in PoM).

Last edited:

aanthnnyyy

HSC
Anything that hasn't yet been asked? There could be a couple of those obscure pracs that no one ever does coming up (e.g. water prac in CM&M, lawn fertiliser in PoM).
Water prac as in pH Probe? With its electrical conductivity

Khan.Paki

HSC
I'm hoping there are not too many practicals. For me, the more theory the better. Anyway I reckon there will be something about the batteries (led acid, dry cell etc), evidence of oxides of sulfur and nitrogen, radioisotopes and their use in industry and medicine and many others.

Is anyone doing Shipwrecks or am I the only one to get shipwrecked?

aanthnnyyy

HSC
I'm doing shipwrecks! It is so bland... Perhaps history of electrolysis will come up

Khan.Paki

HSC
I hope so. I'm ded if they ask about the titanic and all those formulas. noooooooooooooo

Kaido

be.
HSC
Shipwrecks is awesome, it teaches you how to bs 7markers

Fiction

HSC
?
Like water tests? (turbidity etc)

sy37

HSC
My bet is on the historicity of acids, titrations, esters.

kawaiipotato

HSC
The lead/dry cell one for 3-4 marks.
3-4 marks on precipitation reactions
Industrial: 5 marks on saponification or the cells

teridax

HSC
N/A
?
Like water tests? (turbidity etc)
basically that

also, with your previous post, I don't do chem anymore (did it until halfway through year 12 but then dropped it because ceebs rote learning lol). anyhow, I do have a fair idea of what the course is like, so I took the liberty of creating this thread :)

Khan.Paki

HSC
I'm dreading if they ask about the tests used to detect heavy metals and eutrophication. That's torture at its finest.

sharoooooo

HSC
I think the Law fertiliser prac is part of CMM not POM.
Lawn fertiliser is somehow incorporated in almost every year; like its either full prac, or they'll ask to calculate the % of sulfate in the fertiliser in MultipleChoice Q.
And probably something about ethene ---> ethanol. like always :) and also Ammonia

aanthnnyyy

HSC
Wb the water quality process i.e. Catchment, screening flocculation sedimentation chlorination membrane filters etc

+ role of chosen chemist in a selected industry

Last edited:

Mythos

HSC
For industrial chem, i don't think they've ever asked about the shrinking world resources dot point, so they might have a big question on it this year

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
For industrial chem, i don't think they've ever asked about the shrinking world resources dot point, so they might have a big question on it this year
lol independent asked that this year

btw, what happens if one elective is like way harder than the others, do the marks get scaled or not? it seems unfair if the avg of one elective is like 10/25 compared to 20/25 and they get the same scaling, but ive never heard of scaling electives??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)