ellathelion

HSC
sorry if this is the wrong place...

if you have protected sex, using the condom properly etc etc

whats the chance you will get pregnant?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Practically zero, 2% of women using condoms as their sole means of protection, over the course of a whole year. If you're on the pill as well, much much lower.

sja

dingleberry
HSC
Condoms have the highest success rate actually. They are 99% secure (even higher than that).

The other 1% insecurity is that odd case where the condom tears... and if it does tear just take a drive or walk to the chemist and get the morning-after pill.

I still remember this from Year 10 PDHPE class!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Also if you know your cycle, you can do it when your significantly less likely to become pregnant. (Still use condoms tho, I mean both together).

Edit: And make sure they aren't old. Buy some yourself to be sure lol. Why do we always have to be the one embarassed in a 7-11?

*Baby-K*

HSC
sja said:
Condoms have the highest success rate actually. They are 99% secure (even higher than that).

The other 1% insecurity is that odd case where the condom tears... and if it does tear just take a drive or walk to the chemist and get the morning-after pill.

I still remember this from Year 10 PDHPE class!
Condoms are only 85-90% effective.
If you can't take the pill for medical reasons talk to your GP about the DepoVera injection it lasts 3 months and is 99.7% effective or some other method that doesn't include the hormone you can't take :)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
there are several stats but it is around the 90% mark... in ideal use as per instruction its lik 99% and same for the rate of STD's

i wouldnt be keen on giving a depovera for someone tat cant take the pill but tats me..

also quit smoking if you are on the pill.. its can kill

noodler

HSC
N/A
evche said:
no. it raises blood pressure which can kill.

eating a shit diet doesn't kill. it only leads to obesity and heart disease which can kill.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
evche said:
Increases risk of blood clots...DVT= death
How many people read the insert in their pill packet? I read it through twice before staring mine and have had to tell people on it who are older that things like st johns wort effect its absorbtion

The Implanton might be an option, it depends on why you can't take the pill.

As for condoms in ideal risk they are 97%ish effective I have heard but like the pill most people don't use it properly thus it is lower i.e. like using two at the same time which tear them, using oil based lube etc

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
melsc said:
Increases risk of blood clots...DVT= death
How many people read the insert in their pill packet? I read it through twice before staring mine and have had to tell people on it who are older that things like st johns wort effect its absorbtion

The Implanton might be an option, it depends on why you can't take the pill.

As for condoms in ideal risk they are 97%ish effective I have heard but like the pill most people don't use it properly thus it is lower i.e. like using two at the same time which tear them, using oil based lube etc
You gotta realise that that figure is "how many women using x as their only means of contraception will fall pregnant in one year." If you fell pregnant 1/10 times even with a condom that'd be nuts.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Abstinence is the only form of birth control that is 100% effective in preventing pregnancy.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
CharlieB said:
Abstinence is the only form of birth control that is 100% effective in preventing pregnancy.
Not even christians believe that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)