Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
English Advanced + your 5 chosen subjects + good mindset= A road to an ATAR of 90+

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
But adv is harder so it's the same [emoji14]
I want to drop down to standard but the texts are shittier, struggles
Yeah it is, especially if you have a teacher like mine. Hsc marker, the one that wears the glasses and dresses like an old grandma and constantly has mood swings on poor academic performance across the class.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Yeah it is, especially if you have a teacher like mine. Hsc marker, the one that wears the glasses and dresses like an old grandma and constantly has mood swings on poor academic performance across the class.
Feels my teacher is a hsc marker too. She doesn't like me probably cuz I came liek 15th last. She always rubs it in my face that I don't belong in advance... it really hurt me in the beginning because I was giving my all but still cpuld not meet her expectations...

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Feels my teacher is a hsc marker too. She doesn't like me probably cuz I came liek 15th last. She always rubs it in my face that I don't belong in advance... it really hurt me in the beginning because I was giving my all but I still can't meet her expectations...
Well I hope you do well anyway

teridax

HSC
N/A
Feels my teacher is a hsc marker too. She doesn't like me probably cuz I came liek 15th last. She always rubs it in my face that I don't belong in advance... it really hurt me in the beginning because I was giving my all but still cpuld not meet her expectations...
A lot can change in year 12 so if you have the right attitude towards your studies for english, you will prove your teacher wrong. :)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Bad generalisation, but the students who I have seen do it from various schools are high. I don't even understand why it's a high school subject, I see that kind of study in university. But not with a bunch of teenagers LOL

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Do you think it's possible to have 90+ ATAR with only humanities subject?
I wanted to do Math Ex.1, business studies, economics, Eng Adv,Chinese beginners, PDHPE, Society and Culture and Food Tech (yes i know its long, but i can't say that my school will have a class for it)
I did some research and majority of the students who got above 90 are doing at least 2 science subject,
I'm not a fan of Science nor am i good at it since i usually get 70-80% for my exams.
Nope. My dream of the 97 ATAR for Commerce (95 for personal goals but around 93/94 with bonus points) will hopefully be completed with Business Studies and Economics being my star performers, and of course with English Advanced, 3U Maths and Physics carrying it's own weight by being the best I can make it to

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Nope. My dream of the 97 ATAR for Commerce (95 for personal goals but around 93/94 with bonus points) will hopefully be completed with Business Studies and Economics being my star performers, and of course with English Advanced, 3U Maths and Physics carrying it's own weight by being the best I can make it to
my dream is >30*, I dun dream big

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
with Business Studies and Economics being my star performers, and of course with English Advanced, 3U Maths and Physics carrying it's own weight by being the best I can make it to
That's what happened for me to an extent.

Business Studies and Economics were my carries, but I made sure I wasn't too shabby at English or Extension 2 Mathematics as well.

Hope it all goes well :)

My friend went from getting Ds in Year 11 English to getting into the top 10 of the Adv English cohort at a top 40 selective school (ultimately ending up with a band 6).

Just hang on tight :)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
That's what happened for me to an extent.

Business Studies and Economics were my carries, but I made sure I wasn't too shabby at English or Extension 2 Mathematics as well.

Hope it all goes well :)
Yeah *^ * I really aspire to you and Drifting, man, you guys were so strong in Business Studies & Economics :)
Sounds creepy, but its true.

I know! I'm struggling so much in Physics, I talked about it to my teacher and asked her how much reliance does Year 12 have on Year 11 content and she said "Close to zero, so make sure you do well in your Year 11 yearlies to pass Preliminaries" which was a relief because it means I can start a bit fresh in Year 12 for Physics.

English Advanced and Maths Advanced is no problem.

But Maths Extension 1 is a bit "meh" for me :c

Thanks for your wishes :D

EDIT: I went to have a look at your results, 82/100 then 90/100 to get a 86 in Physics is not bad D: <
And bloody hell, your Maths is strong af. No wonder.

Mif isn't that bad lol Fitz and cambridge's explanations are too advance for plebs like me
I like MIF explanations, questions are generally too easy for 3U though

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
My maths teacher kinda scares me and I don't mind anyway.. I usually just get through the work and do extra out of another textbook or study for exams.
Not using mif will help you in the long run. Trying asking your teacher. And like if she/he doesn't check your maths work then that's even better

A wild Enigma_1 has appeared.

You reminded me, I'm actually going to ask my teacher if she can lessen my MIF load so I can replace it with Cambridge
If he/she approves that would be awesome! Quite a few people have tried asking and their teachers didn't mind so hopefully it goes well for you too.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
If he/she approves that would be awesome! Quite a few people have tried asking and their teachers didn't mind so hopefully it goes well for you too.
Yeah. I'm not a fast worker in maths, so I need to swap rather than adding more workload. Then I can spare time for practice papers as well T___T

We also need a MIF book burning day for you

HSC
I found Math in Focus to be extra helpful by mastering basics lmao, but I also love the idea of the whole grade using Math in Focus because I know majority of them don't use past papers and harder textbook questions along with MIF. That's why I'm acing the tests lol

HSC
I found Math in Focus to be extra helpful by mastering basics lmao, but I also love the idea of the whole grade using Math in Focus because I know majority of them don't use past papers and harder textbook questions along with MIF. Leaving me to an advantage lmao

MilkyCat_

HSC
Here is a question
Would you rather get a 98 atar and dux your school
OR
Get a 98.5 atar but get the second highest atar in your school
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)