Preliminary Physics Tutoring for 2014 (1 Viewer)

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
I am looking for capable, motivated, hard-working students to join my Preliminary Physics class for the 2014 Preliminary Course.

I put as much effort into my tutor students as I put into my actual high school students and offer a great deal of support beyond the 2 hour lesson, including assistance with assessment tasks free of charge and free revision sessions prior to examinations.

HSC RESULTS 2013:

Listed below are the HSC Physics results from my students at Glenwood High School (School Rank 305 in 2013)

• Yonas T - HSC Physics Mark 98 (Exam Mark 99 - 7th in State)
  • Anjana M - HSC Physics Mark 96 (Approx 40th in state - ATAR 99.7)
  • Garima M - HSC Physics Mark 92 (ATAR 98.9)
  • Gobind K - HSC Physics Mark 91 (ATAR 98.15)
  • Aditi V - HSC Physics Mark 90 (ATAR 97.4)
  • Slaiman S - HSC Physics Mark 90

6 x Band 6s including a state ranking student and another student in the Top 50 in the state in a comprehensive, non-selective public school ranked 305 shows that I know how to deliver effective lessons to high achieving students who are willing to put in the effort to achieve their personal best.

Credentials

• Completed my tertiary studies in Nanotechnology, Education, Business and Economics
  • Tutoring since 2003
  • Qualified teacher and have been teaching Physics since 2007
  • Recieved university scholarships and Teach.NSW scholarship
  • Currently and formerly tutored Year 11 and 12 students from top schools such as: James Ruse, Baulkham Hills, North Sydney Girls, Girraween, Fort Street, Hurlstone and Kings
  • Tutored a number of state-ranking students and have been very successful in tutoring potential band 6 students

What?

Tutoring for Physics (Year 11)

• Small group sessions for up to 6 students ($40/lesson)
  • Class commences in January 2014
  • Class will run mid-week 6pm-8pm (Exact day TBA)
  • Lessons are tailored for high achieving students, if you are struggling with Physics you will not benefit from these classes and I would suggest 1-to-1 tuition.

Lesson Structure:

2 hour lessons
For each lesson, a theory booklet is worked through in class, key concepts explained, past examination questions are broken down and answered in a way to ensure maximum understanding and maximum marks.
A homework booklet is given most weeks and is to be completed. Feedback is always provided when homework or examinations are given back.
Personally, I find assessment as an extremely important part of teaching/tutoring. So, I am aiming at constructing 30 minute tests to be completed each 2-3 weeks, to ensure consolidation of materials learnt.
Generally the lessons structure will be as such:

• 0.5 Hours working through / feedback from homework problems
  • 0.5 Hours test on previous fortnights material (approx. every 2-3 weeks)
  • 1.0-1.5 hours working through new material and problem solving

Where?

At my place in South-Western Sydney (Green Valley)

Why me?

• My services do not finish once you finish the weekly 2 hour lesson -- I am available via email and phone pretty much all the time, I spend many hours each week helping students with questions, assignments, proof-reading notes and preparation for upcoming assessment tasks, all at no further expense
  • I am not a dictator, I try to provide a supportive environment where thoughts and opinions are encouraged to be shared. If you want to reap the most benefit from my classes, the onus is on YOU to contribute
  • I am a qualified teacher and have been teaching Physics since 2007, in a region which includes the top 2 schools in the state (according to 2013 School Rankings), my students significantly outperform these selective students in terms of 'value-added' every year (so far)
  • Being a qualified teacher, I have access to a great deal of material which non-teachers do not
  • I will support you through the Preliminary and HSC Course!! (I'm really not doing that much for the next 2 years)
  • I enjoy teaching, so I try to make learning interactive and fun (The occasional science teacher/father joke is told.. Pity laughs are encouraged..)
  • I know many little tricks to help you score those extra marks on examinations and assignments
  • Students look forward to coming to class
  • Teaching is my passion, not just a way of making extra income.

Contact details

• Send me a message on BOS :)
  • Send me an email
  • Visit my website

Last edited:

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Don't know you that well, but based on your credentials, you seem like a cool guy who knows what he's doing. Hope it's going well. :)

Free bump mate.

esaitchkay

HSC
Bump for a great tutor!

My services do not finish once you finish the weekly 2 hour lesson -- I am available via email and phone pretty much all the time, I spend many hours each week helping students with questions, assignments, proof-reading notes and preparation for upcoming assessment tasks, all at no further expense
I am not a dictator, I try to provide a supportive environment where thoughts and opinions are encouraged to be shared. If you want to reap the most benefit from my classes, the onus is on YOU to contribute.
+1 to this. You get out as much as you put in, and fizzy_cyst really does provide an encouraging environment in which you can push yourself!
I've sent countless emails and messages for assistance with questions and assessments and have received really really quick replies.
Also, his jokes aren't half bad either :p

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks Steven!

:)

I am so über happy to have helped you improve so dramatically! :)

Its been a pleasure thus far!

LoL. I admit my jokes are bad, but my Science shirts are awesome! Wait til we do Edison vs. Westinghouse and I wear my street fighter shirt depicting Edison and Tesla going 1v1 (obvs not real as Tesla > Edison)

Last edited:

premskies13

HSC
N/A
Bump for an absolute beast. I recommend all physics students get in quick with the Fizzycyst. You can have 100% peace of mind of scoring a band 6 under his guidance and teaching! By far the best tutor I have ever come across - he definitely knows how to score the marks!

There is also always a lovely refresher to give you a nice welcoming when you arrive! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)