Preliminary Tuition -- What is more important? (1 Viewer)

Which would your prefer?

• Total voters

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys and girls,

I am a current Physics / Chemistry teacher / tutor and I am starting up my own tuition centre this year.

I am after some input into what preliminary students deem most important for their tuition.

I have my own ideas and opinions about what is most beneficial for preliminary students, but would really like to see what you guys as actual preliminary students would deem most useful / beneficial to your overall learning -- keeping in mind what you want to achieve at the end of the HSC.

Please be honest as I want to take your opinions into account when structuring my courses for Year 11 Chemistry / Physics in 2017.

So, please vote on the poll. If you feel like you would like to justify, please provide some sound reasoning by replying :)

Pretty much the options included are:
a) Finish all content in 2 terms
b) Finish all content in 3 terms
c) Finish all content in 3 terms with focus on Year 12 relevant dot points
d) Focus on Year 12 relevant dot points, neglect some rote learning Year 11 only dot points and finish in 2 terms

Last edited:

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I would say learning the syllabus with lost and lots of exam styled questions and detailed notes and also link to similar points/topics to the actual hsc. Another thing would be refining basic science skills for practical exams.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
I would say learning the syllabus with lost and lots of exam styled questions and detailed notes and also link to similar points/topics to the actual hsc. Another thing would be refining basic science skills for practical exams.
I focus on all of this in Year 12, but do you guys deem Year 11 as important as Year 12?

Last edited:

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
I focus on all of this in Year 12, but do you guys deem Year 11 as important as Year 12?
People disregard yr 11 but I feel as though it is still an important year as it mentally shapes you up for yr 12 so I try to do things as if it was hsc and try to evaluate what I am doing wrong/right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)