Premium HSC Tutoring - Get The ATAR You Want! (1 Viewer)

TylerGold

HSC
N/A
Hi,

My Name is Tyler, I am interested in providing tutoring services for year 11 and year 12.
I would be really excited to tutor you in any level of Maths, Economics, Legal Studies or Business Studies.

I have access to a car and will tutor in the eastern suburbs area.

My HSC marks are as follows,
Maths Extension 2 92
Maths Extension 1 97
Economics 97
English Adv. 94
Legal Studies 95
Business Studies 94

ATAR 99.85

I have countless other achievements including winning the national business competition run by UNSW for 2 years in a row, a UNSW Scholarship and i am currently co authoring an article for the Wall St Journal.

If you are interested please contact me on 0404090809, I charge $50p.h as I thoroughly prepare for lessons and provide a premium service to ensure you improve and get the results you want.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I charge $50p.h as I thoroughly prepare for lessons and provide a premium service to ensure you improve and get the results you want.
1. Most tutors prepare for lessons

2. There are many people who have acquired higher marks than you, and charging nearly half your fee. You may want to reconsider $50 per hour.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Theres only 99.9 and 99.85 above
Higher marks = Higher marks in the subjects that they are tutoring.

You did very well in your HSC because you are a well rounded student, but not exactly fabulous with any particular subject (except perhaps Economics and Legal). Even so, $50 per hour for those is still a lot.

Your credentials should be based on the mark you acquired for that particular subject, not necessarily your ATAR as a whole. Would you still charge $50/hr for Extension 2 Mathematics, even though your mark was only 92?

Apologies in advance for appearing to be too critical, but you won't get any students with $50 per hour, I guarantee you that.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Higher marks = Higher marks in the subjects that they are tutoring.

You did very well in your HSC because you are a well rounded student, but not exactly fabulous with any particular subject (except perhaps Economics and Legal). Even so, $50 per hour for those is still a lot.

Your credentials should be based on the mark you acquired for that particular subject, not necessarily your ATAR as a whole. Would you still charge $50/hr for Extension 2 Mathematics, even though your mark was only 92?

Apologies in advance for appearing to be too critical, but you won't get any students with $50 per hour, I guarantee you that.
^Indeed. Perhaps you should browse around the tuition threads and see how much ex-HSC people are charging for tutoring students. I believe they range from $15 to $40 generally. Perhaps you should find a more appropriate amount to charge students as I'm led to believe that this is your first time providing tuition to students as you don't mention any past work experiences with students. Hope you get students calling you so good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)