Preparing for the HSC next year (1 Viewer)

D4rkfang

HSC
N/A
Hi, I'm aiming for 90+ in all subjects. At the moment I'm very weak in almost all subjects (my opinion), I suck at writing, can't grasp concepts fast etc.) What can I do to get myself ready for the HSC? I procrastinate so much and I'm going to start to turn off my computer in order to study soon.. How can I turn myself around and achieve good marks? I try to study but sometimes I'd just sit there for hours not understanding what I'm doing (kinda slow at getting new things). What are some good ways to study? I get distracted very easily.

For example: Where are the right angles in transverse waves? It's been explained to me but I still don't get it. "Transverse waves are defined as particles that vibrate in a direction at right angles to the direction of the movement of the waves. "

Someone please explain that to me ^.^

My Subject combo is:

Adv English
Maths
Ext1 maths
Chemistry
Physics
Economics
Software Design

My school is ranked in the like mid 200s, do I need to work harder because of this?

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Your subjects are fine. 6/7 have good if not great scaling. Mid-200 rank school means nothing. Anyone at any school can get 99.95. It's all up to you, your not your school's rank.
Transverse waves go up and down, right? So if something wants to move from left to right (imagine a straight line across), when your transverse wave is laid on top of this, your transverse wave and your straight line are going to be perpendicular to one another. One it straight up and down, the other is straight from left to right - so perpendicular, therefore at right angles to one another.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
@OP - since you look like you're in need, for Science, I have KISS notes that are very basic and great for grasping concepts. I also have a set of state rank notes that are more advanced for you to grasp concepts at a higher level.

If you're interested, just send me your email.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
you just need to focus on the fact that it's your final year of high school, give it what you've got, you owe it to yourself and just draw your motivation from there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)