• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PRIOR - Is it worth it? (3 Viewers)

kaylz

HSC
I've heard about this Prior tutoring place in Sydney, and was wondering if anybody on here has done it?

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
no .. i was wondering whether to go for chemistry or not .. and i decided no because
* i would have to travel to get there and
* why spend so much time on one subject

( thats just me) howeva i may be hypocritical and end up going there

astro

HSC
apparently it costs something like $5000 but guarantees >90 results - i'm a little skeptical about the latter

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
tutoring is bullshit if ur not working as hard as u can right now. I know heaps of ppl who go to prior. Some do excellent, some do alrite and some do shit. Just work hard and you'll be fine. No need to be spoonfed.

Raginsheep

HSC
Nah...they took away the guarantee a couple of years ago. Only go if you are willing to put in the time required (4hrs a week for all subjects besides 4u maths) cause it does cost a fair bit.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Places like Prior and Leading Edge (For Business and Eco) are very good, but cost a fortune. It depends on whether youre willing to make the sacrifice or not.

IMO, what youre best doing is pooling your money to send one friend there, who distros the work amongst a few of you.

Raginsheep

HSC
LOL....but I say that there are actually benefits of acutally going there. In the end its really up to you and your wallet.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
fuck that, i bought $250 dollars worth of textbooks and stuff for all my subjects and just gonna study off that. Much more cost effective and convienent(sp?)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I personally wouldn't go there because its far too expensive for what it is, that and I don't need a 99+ UAI.

Seung.Hur

H2O
HSC
You could always just go to Prior and ask for a trial lesson.

Then you'd know for sure if its going to be useful or not. Though you better go and have that lesson soon; cause if you do want to go, you'd want to apply earlier for those discounts....

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
welll they give good topic notes...likein yr 10 my friend went to prior and he gave me his maths notes ( good mate of mine) and they were very good..dunnoe bout the teching though , jus get a friend to goto priror to get his notes... i wouldve gone to prior except i live too far

P

pLuvia

PRIOR is really good, they are really strict and for that they guarantee good results. If you are consistently late, don't do homework, disrupt the class, bludge, they will automatically expel you from the tutor, no money back. So if you go be prepared for the work load etc. And "wagging" the class will also be recorded, so don't go if you're that kind of person.

Raginsheep

HSC
Well, in terms of doing homework and attendence, they are as strict as your school.

As for the >90 thing. Apparently they had it a couple of years back but only if you followed their program, i.e. did the work and attended all the classes. They took it away when some kid who bludged around, *surprise surprise* got below 90 and a judge said that the money had to be paid back.

Well...thats what I've heard...

P

pLuvia

money paid back, that's so stupid. That guy should be shot, thinking he's so good, "oo i bludged and got my $5000 back, everyone do that", that stupid idiot

Raginsheep

HSC
:S fine.

Scratch what I said then but why is it defammatory?

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Jago said:
fuck that, i bought $250 dollars worth of textbooks and stuff for all my subjects and just gonna study off that. Much more cost effective and convienent(sp?)

same! i think text books is teh way to go. and if you don't get something in the book, you can always ask your teacher.

i know a lot of people who go to 3 different tutoring places for the same subject but still gets crap marks. in the end, it really comes down to you!

Mr.Bark

what the hell...
HSC
Hmmmm they are short and succinct but not comprehensive enough for my liking the summaries are no frills with little explanations behind the theory...although they are convenient if you are cramming before a prior exam...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)