Private schools get longer stuvac? (1 Viewer)

effigy

My school finished last week (19th september), and we get 1st week of term4 off aswell, only have to go in tuesday for our farewell lunch thing. Reason being is, our school always gets an extra week holidays, to give the people who board a chance to get home to their families, as many of them come from overseas, like china etc... it was NOT designed to give us an advantage over any schools, as every grade in the school finishes at the same time.

Nezz

HSC
Originally posted by iambored
no it's not true, it's the same for evryone, unles some schools decided something different
like my school... we have to go till this friday (the 26th) and we have to go back next term for most of the first week. i know we could just have this last week off, but if you do , you end up mising out on some stuff in classes so it's kinda hard to...

Originally posted by Aj10001
Who watches Dr Phil DAMMIT!?
yes i do... why do you ask???

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Going back to school for the first week is generally because the school is trying to ensure you use stuvac wisely. My school (Fort Street) has scheduled a week of "study seminars" to help the students with any questions they may have accumulated over the holidays. I assume that most schools (public ones at least) are doing something similar, because the Director-General explicitly asked principals to provide some sort of study support structure for HSC students in stuvac.

Originally posted by Aj10001
Who watches Dr Phil DAMMIT!?
Fucking spam somewhere else damnit!

Last edited:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
there's a lot of unfair things about private schools
but also, private schools get less lessons every week since they have to fit in assemblies and chapel services and all the random junk.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)