Procrastinate with me- Answerful (1 Viewer)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
*hopeful* said:
i normally have a relaxed breakfast of about 30 mins on wkends otherwise not more than 10 minutes on wkdays (if i have time) toast and tea or cereal
most days im running late and have nothing till im in the car and then have some fruit or a muesli bar

is it really bad of me to plan a weekend away (interstate) on the may 24th wkend - its about 3 weeks before my 1st exam ??
Depends on what you do the rest of the time. Some people don't even bother learning until the night before each exam, and it works for them, so it just depends on whether or not you think you can uphold the workload.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
Q: What do you have for breakfast and how much time do you leave for breakfast? (I normally run out of time, surely there must be a trick to sleeping in, making it to work on time AND not screwing the metabolism over)
I can't exist without breakfast, I'll wake up feeling like crap, but take my time having some food and usually some fruit thrown in to balance the crapiness or greasy stuff if it was cos of drinking.

Otherwise I'm like a zombie and can't really function til around 12 when I get some food in my stomach.

*hopeful* said:
is it really bad of me to plan a weekend away (interstate) on the may 24th wkend - its about 3 weeks before my 1st exam ??
Nah, thats plenty of time, could be helpful as well, just clear the stress and come back fresh. Trick is to not get de-motivated when you get back, cos you had such a good time.

HSC
N/A
Boxxxhead said:
I'm sure you'll be a bundle of joy and imagination even when you're older, don't worry too much. Even though I don't know you haha... but somebody with the name 'glitterfairy' will generally be pretty interesting lol
Old stage nickname I feel I've long outgrown actually, although some of my friends might disagree :/

theshortykatt said:
why do i have large amounts of melanin in my hair (dark hair) but none in my skin (pale skin) ???????????
Because you are freakin' lucky. Stop complaining, or I and all the other shaving/waxing/various-painful-methods-of-hair-removal girls on this planet might just have to kill you. :p

*hopeful* said:
No, just provided you plan around it. Due to circumstances I only have one-day weekends now, for example (AH HA! This is why the universe permitted me to have fridays off this semester...)

New question: What do you do when you need to sleep, but your body just says "no"? Especially if you haven't had enough sleep for ages and have no reason to be anything but tired and sleepy.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i jsut realised that macq has the most procrastination threads...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
i jsut realised that macq has the most procrastination threads...
We're thinkers you see, always questioning and speculating on aspects of the world, debating about issues, and raising theories and ideas. :read:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I keep writing half a response in this thread then decide I can't be bothered to finish typing it and that I'm suddenly motivated to do work and delete it!

HSC
N/A
a) Why is it that after three and a bit years of uni, the prospect of assessments that have to be done on campus still have the power to make me shake with fear?

Hand-in assessments are fine. But sit-down exams are scary, and performance exams are terrifying. (You'd think that after being at uni for a fair amount of time, the shock of assessments would have worn off. If there's another reason why I can't wait to graduate, it's because I can't wait to leave the "oh-my-god-spineless-with-fear-waaah-waaah-SHRIEK!" feeling)

b) Why do you want to graduate? (presuming you do)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i want to graduate so can enjoy my weekends and not think about any work at all.

I want to graduate so i can have more money

I want to graduate so i can get over doing stupid assignments

Glitter im completely different, i love sit down exams and i absolutely hate assignments! I spend more time assignmenting then studying for exams.. which is probably the reason.

*hopeful*

HSC
clairegirl said:
i want to graduate so can enjoy my weekends and not think about any work at all.

I want to graduate so i can have more money

I want to graduate so i can get over doing stupid assignments

Glitter im completely different, i love sit down exams and i absolutely hate assignments! I spend more time assignmenting then studying for exams.. which is probably the reason.

QFT- the whole thing- graduating, assignments its all true

unless you decide/have to do further studies like CA :(

how many people are planning further studies after graduating ?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*puts hand up*

PhD or Masters after this...

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
*hopeful* said:
QFT- the whole thing- graduating, assignments its all true

unless you decide/have to do further studies like CA :(

how many people are planning further studies after graduating ?
Not me. :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i plan on graduating at the end of this year and joining the workforce..

sick and tired of studying.. need to go out there and start earning some dosh..

I'm sick of only making 400 a week before tax ... seriously if i made about 800 a week... i could save at least 300 dollars a week .. thats 15600 dollars saved every friggen year! Thats half a deposit on a house!

It's crazy!

I would honestly live on 200 dollars a week, 300 to into long term savings account, 100 to go on other savings account for holidays and such.

Life would be amazingly sweeet!

That is providing i live at home until I get married (in 3 years hopefully)

mserica

HSC
Anne, you crack me up.....

800.00 a week is okay as long as your living at home with the parents, but trust me you should taste freedom and u will then need to earn at least 1k per week to support the luxury!!!!

BTW - Marriage three years - oh la la!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rofl yeah, earning 1.2k per fortnight, 1k going to helping pay bills/mortgage/loan = painful.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I want to graduate because I want to know what it feels like to spend a weekend without doing an assignment.
I'm so drained that I'm not expecting to come back after graduation any time soon, I want some good experience first. However, when I finish I will probably forget what it feels like to be a student and may come back one day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)