procrastination at its pinnacle but i hope to get a 90+ atar (1 Viewer)

arfried

HSC
hello folks,
was going thru a few of the forum posts, hence decided to create an acc and signal my plea for and help/ tips? on how can i clutch a 90+ atar

up until y10, i’ve been fairly an academic student and in the top 3 for most subjects but that was cut short where i butchered my rankings for almost every subject in year 11.

fast forward to year 12, a bit of a rocky start but these are my marks as followed (accounting the internal assessment averages)

modern history: 88
sor2: 90
english adv: 90
bio: 70 haahaha
maths standard: 75 ;-;

i’ve wasted the april holidays and it’s so hard to get any constructive studying done unless it’s the day before an exam where i cram a term’s worth of revision over night :(

if anyone can throw in any advises or tips on how can pull myself together an secure 90-95 atar as i’m hoping to get into unsw crime law; i will forever be in debt to ur service🙌🏽

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Commented on many posts similar to this so I'll try to keep my response a bit shorter. In terms of the whole constructive studying thing, if you don't have a To-do list for the day I'd probably recommend you to make one as otherwise work might seem overwhelming or a "big hurdle".

Though in terms of the cramming, simply just don't cram. It only really works for some people who have exceptional short term memory, but it's better to allow your brain to process information over a given time period as it slowly moves into your long term memory. Perhaps you could try and get ahead of your classes and constantly revise the content over the term so you maintain the stuff in your mind for a longer time duration. It means at the end that you have more time to relax before the exam (what you should be doing the day before an exam! - you should feel confident that you know your stuff back to front) and you reduce your cramming in the long run.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your marks for Modern History, SOR II and English are all pretty good.

In addition to the above, you should be allocating more study time for Biology and Maths Standard as those are 4 units which will count towards your ATAR. You need to make sure you improve your marks for those 2 subjects so that your ranks can also be improved, which will give you a much better chance of getting an ATAR in your desired range.

arfried

HSC
Commented on many posts similar to this so I'll try to keep my response a bit shorter. In terms of the whole constructive studying thing, if you don't have a To-do list for the day I'd probably recommend you to make one as otherwise work might seem overwhelming or a "big hurdle".

Though in terms of the cramming, simply just don't cram. It only really works for some people who have exceptional short term memory, but it's better to allow your brain to process information over a given time period as it slowly moves into your long term memory. Perhaps you could try and get ahead of your classes and constantly revise the content over the term so you maintain the stuff in your mind for a longer time duration. It means at the end that you have more time to relax before the exam (what you should be doing the day before an exam! - you should feel confident that you know your stuff back to front) and you reduce your cramming in the long run.
thanks for the insight! will try to get onboard with forming a routine, holidays just ended and i’m hoping i can pull myself together🙌🏽

arfried

HSC
Your marks for Modern History, SOR II and English are all pretty good.

In addition to the above, you should be allocating more study time for Biology and Maths Standard as those are 4 units which will count towards your ATAR. You need to make sure you improve your marks for those 2 subjects so that your ranks can also be improved, which will give you a much better chance of getting an ATAR in your desired range.
definitely towards the bottom quartile for those 2 subjects, will put the effort to climb the ranks

tifi.oo

HSC
hello folks,
was going thru a few of the forum posts, hence decided to create an acc and signal my plea for and help/ tips? on how can i clutch a 90+ atar

up until y10, i’ve been fairly an academic student and in the top 3 for most subjects but that was cut short where i butchered my rankings for almost every subject in year 11.

fast forward to year 12, a bit of a rocky start but these are my marks as followed (accounting the internal assessment averages)

modern history: 88
sor2: 90
english adv: 90
bio: 70 haahaha
maths standard: 75 ;-;

i’ve wasted the april holidays and it’s so hard to get any constructive studying done unless it’s the day before an exam where i cram a term’s worth of revision over night :(

if anyone can throw in any advises or tips on how can pull myself together an secure 90-95 atar as i’m hoping to get into unsw crime law; i will forever be in debt to ur service🙌🏽
One thing that works for me with bio and math std is to do it EVERY SINGLE DAY. whether I'd be doing a few HSC questions for math and bio. if your school gives you a timetable of when you have exams/assignments, try and study accordingly.
Say you've got a math exam in week 6 (or you know its in week 6) and currently its week 3. your topic is trig. start studying at least 2 weeks before your exam. just an hour/hour and a half each day. this requires immense discipline but I promise you the night before you will thank yourself. the peaceful sleep you'll get is unbeatable.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
One thing that works for me with bio and math std is to do it EVERY SINGLE DAY. whether I'd be doing a few HSC questions for math and bio. if your school gives you a timetable of when you have exams/assignments, try and study accordingly.
Say you've got a math exam in week 6 (or you know its in week 6) and currently its week 3. your topic is trig. start studying at least 2 weeks before your exam. just an hour/hour and a half each day. this requires immense discipline but I promise you the night before you will thank yourself. the peaceful sleep you'll get is unbeatable.
In other words make bio and math your procrastination to do other subjects hahaha (can relate with MX2 and bio)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)