• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Procrastination Issues..... (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
bubz :D said:
yup, at the beginning of every year since year8, i've promised myself that i will work harder than the year before and not bludge etc etc... never happened :p
haha that is so me!! it's gotten worse since year 11 and 12 though....after my preliminaries i decided i'd get off my ass and do some decent work, but it never happened...then after the 1/2 yearlies i decided that i would start making decent study notes so that the trials would be a bit easier and then i'd be sorta set for the hsc...didn't happen either...my last trial was today...i had modern history...i don't know most of the work and we haven't finished one of the topics, which i REALLY don't know...i started studying at 4pm even though i made myself get home by 12 so i could have a quick lunch and get straight into study...i didn't do ANYTHING for 4 HOURS!!! hopefully i can pull myself together before the hsc..lol...

mack

Banned
HSC
I heard this strange method. It works for me.

Get a ballpoint pen, without the lid. Hold it right in front of your eye, until it is about a millimetre from touching. Say"If you dont go and study now im going to put this pen right through your eye you son of a bitch!"

It sounds stupid, but it works!

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
re

Okay, I think someone has been watching one to many violent movies. ....

But good suggestion anyway!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
mack said:
I heard this strange method. It works for me.

Get a ballpoint pen, without the lid. Hold it right in front of your eye, until it is about a millimetre from touching. Say"If you dont go and study now im going to put this pen right through your eye you son of a bitch!"

It sounds stupid, but it works!
i wouldnt try doing that, id probably end up stabbing myself in the eye anyway

now, i motivate myself by trying to better than nerdier people than me

Tarek

hmm... ive been procastinating my entire life so i kind of adapt to it. i have my parents constantly bugging me to do my work, that kinda helps but its kinda annoying. but ive learnt to keep it to the very last hour or very last day to start studying it usually works, but it matters for what subjects. so gl and have fun doing ur hsc. :D

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
try writing up a list of work to be accomplished and dont be over-ambitious or you might be setting up yourself for disappointment, whilst you are doing this make sure you do those tasks e.g. maths exercises the same time everyday til it becomes routine and second nature

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
I'm so terrible.. I sat around in my room for 2 hours yesterday doing nothing. Maybe I do do work better under stressful conditions. Not that I like staying up at night, doing all the work the night before.

Mmm I start screaming self abuse at myself. Motivates a bit.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Procrastination? Well that's my middle name! Kind of... yeah I do all my huge assessments like in a few hours stretched over two days. I've done it so much it's become an art basically. :: sighs:: middle of my trials and instead of studying I'm here, oh well, I have two hours of tutoring right about now anyway so I'd better toddle off and try to procrastinate at that as well... heheheh My tutors going to have fun.

onigiri

HSC
Pile the homework or study you plan to do and put it on your desk. So you'll be sure to see it and constantly be reminded of it. Oh another way is to turn the computer off. When I hear the rum of my compy's CPU it distracts me from my desk.

HSC
I generally leave all assignments to the night before, i find something more important, wake up early the morning its due, sit there tired as fuck get nothing done on it. Free period before its due, type it up in the library, i did that once and got 80% :p and this was an HSC assessment, not some shitty year 8 task....

As it is said, once a procrastinator, always one, just keep to your current routine, as long as u aint failing your fine :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
babydoll_ said:
i wouldnt try doing that, id probably end up stabbing myself in the eye anyway

I tried that. Then it finally happened. Now I no longer have motivation. The moral of the story is never try.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I always procrastinate....it's easier that way, anyway, the subject i studied most for, i FAILED, and the one where i just read some notes before going into the test i TOPPED. So i'm plain confused, maybe i should just procrastinate all my study away, and do nothing untill the last minute

onigiri

HSC
babydoll_ said:
Good idea! I really wanna get myself a pair of glasses so I look heaps nerdy and I'd feel smarter. Then I'll somehow feel motivated knowing I felt nerdier and smarter and that there might be some truth to it... ahahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)