Productivity levels (1 Viewer)

har

HSC
I'm just wondering how much you guys can do a day. Today I did one General Maths Prac Exam took me 3hrs 30 min and it took me 6 hours to mark because i think i work extremely slow and have an extreme level of bad productivity.

Thief

!!
HSC
6hrs is a long time marking.. unless I'm assuming you got distracted by other things?

If you have ADD, have you talked to your doctor about some sort of medication to help you concentrate? And do you get special provisions at school during exams?

Because I know two of my friends had concentration problems or stuff like that and they had medication + extra time in exams.

har

HSC
Been on the dex since year 1.. :( Yes last week I just got extra 5 minutes of writing time for every half an hour. Although, I believe ADD is not real it's just people who lack self control and the ability to sit down and focus

Thief

!!
HSC
Yeah I haven't done anything all holidays.. lack the self control and willpower to be able to sit myself down and just work :( Very bad

har

HSC
Yeah but i have general math this monday and legal on tues; and I still havent really studied for either....

Thief

!!
HSC
Just study as much as you can in these remaining days, and dont stress too much - just do the best you can for your exams =)

SanjoyM

HSC
My motto is "the faster you get it done, the more free you are" - works for me!!
So, I set myself 1 hr to write an essay (first time drafting) and if I'm really struggling, I do one body paragraph each day (so, 3 days) and then refine it later!
For Biology and Chemistry, I just get it done- you have no other option due to the content
Ancient History - HAVETO get it done, otherwise you will be lagging way behind!!

So, its simple, sit yourself down and tell yourself, "the faster I get it done, the more free I am to do revise for other subjects"

Productivity!! Dig it! (lol)

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
Yeah but i have general math this monday and legal on tues; and I still havent really studied for either....
isn't school holidays until Tuesday?
how do you have an exam on Monday?

har

HSC
I have had pre-trials this past week and they end next friday. But I will actually be prepared for my trials I hope

har

HSC
and pre-trials are likes 20-30% of my internal

har

HSC
Basically, we have these pre-trials which are worth a lot - I think as much as trials. then we have a 2 week break where we are told not to do ANY work at all then like 3 weeks until Trials to read over notes

har

HSC
I think its a good system because now I actually am prepared for my trials when I finish these, rather than cramming night before

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Do not fear. You have definitely put some effort into doing your work and if you have done your best, your marks will reflect what you deserve for your efforts.

lolcakes52

HSC
Okay, ADHD is not an illness as such but a cluster of common traits that synergistically result in poor concentration. I have it and I am on concerta, dex may not be doing it for you as it isn't slow release. Now I can empathise with low productivity but I find it is due to anxiety issues and procrastination because you honestly cannot motivate yourself to do something you don't want to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)