Progress Logbook (NO OFF TOPIC PLS) (2 Viewers)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
my friends are the worst influences bruh
theres no competition between my friend groups

and i refuse to associate with those extension english nerds
Here's some advice.

First of all,
Go get new friends. Your friend group influences you like crazy, if you have slackers - you'll slack.

Secondly,
Tf u doing in Extension English?

Thirdly,
Spend less time on BoS and more time grinding, use BoS as a way to check up on other people here on your level and where they at so you can measure up with them.

You're nearing your HSC now, its going to come faster than you can expect and you'll never be able to fully anticipate it. You got to have that pressure and anxiety now and start going at full speed.

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
Here's some advice.

First of all,
Go get new friends. Your friend group influences you like crazy, if you have slackers - you'll slack.

Secondly,

Thirdly,
Spend less time on BoS and more time grinding, use BoS as a way to check up on other people here on your level and where they at so you can measure up with them.

You're nearing your HSC now, its going to come faster than you can expect and you'll never be able to fully anticipate it. You got to have that pressure and anxiety now and start going at full speed.
1) my school doesn't have many but theres still some that im friends with in class but just don't hang out much but ur right i should start competiting with them and challenging them to 1v1s
2) I dropped ext english on the first lesson lmao cuz i was like hell nah
3) THIS IS TRUE. everyone get tf of bos right now. I will also give my phone to my parents or something.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Here's some advice.

First of all,

Secondly,

Thirdly,

I'm going to keep it a 100 with everyone here. I haven't speaken to anyone from my high school except my close close HS friends who were to some extent academically motivated. All my acquantainces, "school friends", people from other subjects etc. I think I forgot half of their names and so on.

This the time you cut out people who are dragging you down in your friend group and preserve those who are taking the HSC serious. Try to be more organised, productive in the upcoming months and it'll be a satisfying end.

Also remember, this is your last time in school. You're a fool if you don't enjoy it with your mates and just stay inside up to the HSC. Go outside, go chill but just take your time into consideration moreso than in prelims.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
HELP YOU DID THE PROJ MOTION EXAM TOO?? BRO I WAS STRUGGLING TOWARDS THE END MY JAW WAS DROPPED THE WHOLE TIME

I'll probably redo it again closer to trials but wtf they really just dumped the most wtf qs for projectile motion ever and said yeah sounds good
either of you have a copy of the exam of just a few questions?

carrotsss

HSC
First of all,
I feel like it depends on the person, like some of my friends are super competitive and intent on beating me/other people but for me personally, I honestly study most when I’m around slackers because I feel like talking to them gives me an actual break from study, and it’s a lot less pressure so I can focus on myself more. And also being around super academic friends is just kinda annoying, like at lunch I don’t wanna be sitting around talking about school I wanna be running around playing frisbee and having fun

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
1) my school doesn't have many but theres still some that im friends with in class but just don't hang out much but ur right i should start competiting with them and challenging them to 1v1s
2) I dropped ext english on the first lesson lmao cuz i was like hell nah
3) THIS IS TRUE. everyone get tf of bos right now. I will also give my phone to my parents or something.
Its fine if you guys chat, legit just check my messages I was trolling all the way up to the HSC with other ppl. Just make sure you don't have that feeling like "OHHH shit I'm so dogshit at school lol aight lemme go rant on BoS" bc I never did that. Personally I never felt behind in school or the HSC, I always was a step ahead so this issue never occured BUT if it was to happen to me I would start to be a bit more strict on my distractions.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
This the time you cut out people who are dragging you down in your friend group and preserve those who are taking the HSC serious.
this is so true, i got tired of ppl that tried to drag me down and make me feel bad for "studying too much" or "not enjoying my teenage yrs enough" as if they know how i try to balance my schoolwork with enjoyment

scaryshark09

HSC
Its fine if you guys chat, legit just check my messages I was trolling all the way up to the HSC with other ppl. Just make sure you don't have that feeling like "OHHH shit I'm so dogshit at school lol aight lemme go rant on BoS" bc I never did that. Personally I never felt behind in school or the HSC, I always was a step ahead so this issue never occured BUT if it was to happen to me I would start to be a bit more strict on my distractions.
what sbjects did you do and what marks did you get for a 99 atar?

scaryshark09

HSC
Here's some advice.

First of all,

Secondly,

Thirdly,

I completely agree but it can also help clear your mind to spend some time with 'slackers' at like lunch or something. But it is helpful to have friends also that are academically driven and are on a similar level as you.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I feel like it depends on the person, like some of my friends are super competitive and intent on beating me/other people but for me personally, I honestly study most when I’m around slackers because I feel like talking to them gives me an actual break from study, and it’s a lot less pressure so I can focus on myself more. And also being around super academic friends is just kinda annoying, like at lunch I don’t wanna be sitting around talking about school I wanna be running around playing frisbee and having fun
I cut out "super-academic" friends, as in the stereotype of people who just care about academics 24/7 and have no substance.

People who brag about how much they know, how good they are at X, how they studied Y 2 years ago, how they know more than you are deep down insecure about themself.

I don't mind people who are highly competitive, it makes me motivated to aim just as high and also cuts out the thought "Oh maybe this is good enough its okay if im not this".

Regardless of what you get, you'll still be you. If you define yourself on grades, your worth is derived on being able to do questions that have been solved more than a 1000 times before, can be possibly automated and computed to an accuracy better than you can ever do on your best day etc. Just make sure you know your worth, and let you define yourself and let your grades be a testament to your EFFORT and CONSISTENCY.

Last edited:

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I completely agree but it can also help clear your mind to spend some time with 'slackers' at like lunch or something. But it is helpful to have friends also that are academically driven and are on a similar level as you.
Lol bro most of my friend group were slackers but I'm not in contact as much since I've moved on. I came from a low ranked school so yeah.

I'm sorry if you didn't understand what I said but I meant a friend group/bffs as in like the people who you regularly speak to, who know you to an extent you would not be comfortable showing to most people etc.

I consider those people as acquaintances and ppl u just chill out playing soccer or handball etc.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
this is so true, i got tired of ppl that tried to drag me down and make me feel bad for "studying too much" or "not enjoying my teenage yrs enough" as if they know how i try to balance my schoolwork with enjoyment
These are the people I'm talking about. People with no ambition or sense of purpose tend to harbor feelings of jealousy towards their peers who go further. For them its a sense of betrayal if you "move up" and "succeed" since you're no longer "average" or "plain". These people will make you feel bad and alienate you for going forward.

Cut these people out.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
These are the people I'm talking about. People with no ambition or sense of purpose tend to harbor feelings of jealousy towards their peers who go further. For them its a sense of betrayal if you "move up" and "succeed" since you're no longer "average" or "plain". These people will make you feel bad and alienate you for going forward.

Cut these people out.
exactly, i couldn't tell if it was jealousy or just hatred bc they didn't want me to succeed.
like mf i get a good mark right, i don't like bragging abt it bc id rather keep my marks to myself. somehow they find out and i tell them that id rather they don't talk abt it bc its my business?? their reaction; idfk why ur making such a big deal out of it, its not even that amazing, blah blah

BRUH IM TRYING TO REMOVE MYSELF FROM THE SITUATION BUT UR THE ONE WHO WANTS TO TALK ABT IT 😭

oml sorry abt the rant

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Anyways, I'll try to help you guys in your transition into uni since there's some things I learnt the hard way and some things I could've done better. I'll try doing those course reviews next week possibly with some other people.

Feel free to PM me about anything sensitive such as if you need help with X subject or what do I need to do if im in Y position since I don't mind helping people here. HSC is stressful at times and if I can easen it, I'll be glad to.

All the best for your HSC, just keep on moving.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Anyways, I'll try to help you guys in your transition into uni since there's some things I learnt the hard way and some things I could've done better. I'll try doing those course reviews next week possibly with some other people.

Feel free to PM me about anything sensitive such as if you need help with X subject or what do I need to do if im in Y position since I don't mind helping people here. HSC is stressful at times and if I can easen it, I'll be glad to.

All the best for your HSC, just keep on moving.
🙏🫶

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)