Prohibition of Receiving a UAI. (1 Viewer)

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
There is a student at the school in which I attend who seems to take it to his own liberty to decide when to, and when not to attend school. The days are erattic, and are as a result of no known physical illness, it is undeniable that mentally there may be a situation there, as rumours have it instead of attending school he goes and works at KFC.

The days generally fall around before assessment tasks are due, or when assessment tasks are due, and can sometimes continue on and off in the ensuing days. In some instances it has been weeks before he has completed set assessment tasks, which as a result hinders the ability for the rest of the student body to receive their own marks or papers.

What policies are in place to prevent this unfair advantage the student has over the rest of the school, let alone state, from receiving a UAI, not notable of the fact of unfair and without just-cause additional time?

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
If he isn't at each subject for the required number of hours he doesn't get his hsc.

Also, your school should make it a requirement that he has a medical cert for the days he's away. For all you know though, he might have.

Anyway, I don't see how he's gaining an unfair advantage by not going to school...Do you really think he's going to beat many people?

nessyfreak

HSC
LOL yeah as if he's going to beat you! But still, i agree that its definitely unfair if hes not getting zero for handing in assessments late. Write an anonymous letter to your year coordinator...

HSC
Yea being away from school really isnt an advantage esp for a big period of time... i get so much good resources from my teachers without it would just double my workload in the long run.

And yea fgor being away a doc certificate is required for assessment tasks otherwise its automatic 0

JWiss

a.k.a Mr Awesome
HSC
nessyfreak said:
LOL yeah as if he's going to beat you! But still, i agree that its definitely unfair if hes not getting zero for handing in assessments late. Write an anonymous letter to your year coordinator...
Actually, I have beaten Jared consistently every year in at least one subject. I have medical certs for every day I've been away, I don't set the policy on returning assessments, and I would appreciate it Jared if perhaps you would focus on your own HSC and disregard what other people are doing, instead of posting about how you could prohibit me from receiving a UAI.

After all, it is none of your business.

Just a thought. ;)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
JaredR said:
The days generally fall around before assessment tasks are due, or when assessment tasks are due, and can sometimes continue on and off in the ensuing days. In some instances it has been weeks before he has completed set assessment tasks, which as a result hinders the ability for the rest of the student body to receive their own marks or papers.
Thats just plain rudeness. :mad1:

If he hasnt completed a subject satisfactorily or applied himself with diligence then he can be awarded an 'N award' which ultimately when added up will prevent him from attaining a UAI if he falls short of the 10unit including English limit.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Thanks guys, the main purpose of the thread was just to get a general consensus of other BOSers, seemed pretty similar to the general consensus at school.

ashh

HSC
we got that sorta prob at our school with a certain girl. shes made excuses every year for a few years now 2 get out of assessments n exams. now this year shes done it more than ever. we all now wats goin on but no1 can do nethin coz shes got her doc either in on giving her a cert, or hes just an idiot...n if ur gonna say mayb she is sick, explain y we c her at westfield or working on school days...but we figure she hasnt got enuf hours so yeh...

H

housemouse

Its not like these people are at the top when it comes to getting a UAI

shimmy&shine

HSC
There are very strict BoS regulations in terms of completing the HSC. If you don't abide by them, then that's compromising the prospect of successfully completing it. But then again, the principal has the power to rule over all, so that may be why he is getting away with his actions.

At my school, all the rules are enforced so so so tightly. If we are late to school by 5 minutes, then we have to get late notes (the normal prosedure) but if we don't return them by 5 days or something then it goes on our permanent school record as 'unexplained absense'- for being only 5 minutes late!

This person may not even end up sitting their HSC. And anyway, you just focus on your own studies, and help your friends to do their best. Don't let this person distract you at all.

There are policies, but it is up to the teavhers to enforce them. So maybe send, asnessyfreak said, an anonymous letter.

Good luck for your HSC!

araminta

HSC
I think we've all lost value in apathy.
Who cares? It's the HSC, and this persons issues (as he has said) are his own. I'm sure it was some kind of kind act to show your supposed concern, but meh. It's a number, and far too many people here think they know more than they do in regards to what goes on. It drives me nuts, does any one else find this?
Minty

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
JWiss said:
Actually, I have beaten Jared consistently every year in at least one subject. I have medical certs for every day I've been away, I don't set the policy on returning assessments, and I would appreciate it Jared if perhaps you would focus on your own HSC and disregard what other people are doing, instead of posting about how you could prohibit me from receiving a UAI.

Just a thought. ;)
Nobody in this thread seems to take note of the fact that you [JWiss] just owned them. In any case, I'm on your side, and am sick of the uptight asshats who feel every misadventure remotely around assessment time constitutes an unfair advantage.

But don't rub it in his face, mkay; not that you were in the above post.

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
If he's got medical certificates then it's all good. I don't see how this student is getting an 'unfair advantage' from not being taught at school as often as everybody else is. And does anybody else think it's a *tiny* bit of an overreaction to go about investigating ways to render useless this student's entire last two years of school?

Just concentrate on your own work instead of interfering in things that sort of aren't really any of your business, and you'll do well. Promise.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
JWiss said:

Just a thought. ;)
oh man, if that is actually the guy, thats classic.

L

littlewing69

JaredR said:
There is a student at the school in which I attend who seems to take it to his own liberty to decide when to, and when not to attend school. The days are erattic, and are as a result of no known physical illness, it is undeniable that mentally there may be a situation there, as rumours have it instead of attending school he goes and works at KFC.

What policies are in place to prevent this unfair advantage the student has over the rest of the school, let alone state, from receiving a UAI, not notable of the fact of unfair and without just-cause additional time?
Wipe up your tears, sweetheart, and man up and do your own HSC.

I hope you're actually the kid in question. That would make me very, very happy.

passion89

HSC
araminta said:
I think we've all lost value in apathy.
Who cares? It's the HSC, and this persons issues (as he has said) are his own. I'm sure it was some kind of kind act to show your supposed concern, but meh. It's a number, and far too many people here think they know more than they do in regards to what goes on. It drives me nuts, does any one else find this?
Minty
Agreed. Honestly who cares about what the people around you are doing and focus on your HSC and your UAI. There really is no use fretting about others who don't turn up to school in the first place. Worry about yourself - its the one time your supposed to be selfish.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
I think JaredD is just jealous that the guy has done better than him (according to that post) with what seems like less school work.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
JWiss said:

Just a thought. ;)
ROFL :D

i hope you're for real. that's so classic

243_robbo

HSC
no way guys, droolian has the most explosive method of study this side of canickledook. To quote ernest hemingway "Droolian is a fascinating example of social darwinism run amok, truly a beutiful human being". If i were Jarrod, i would kindly return to my seat and replace the tray in it's overhead compartment, because as i can see, no-one and no-one but droolian himself can truly emphasise the metaphysical embodiement of all ourt deepest dersires. In all, i believe him to be a stunning example of what jarrod could have been if only he had relinqueshed the dissidence of youth and the folly of self-immolation. To entertain such notion of parallel asymptotes surrounding the vertical hyperboale of thought not only goes against my spiritual resolve as an educated man (/woman/dolphin) of science, but the general consensus i feel as a member of the ottoman empire. You know as H.G.G. Buckers make scinitillatingly clear in her 2004 analyical introspection "The shemale eunach", "I don't care who this droolian kid is, he is no wookie of mine, and if he believes that he can some how access the mainframe of the Kashyyyk birthday club database, then he's got another thing coming!". So if you think you can sit around and watch the world go by, then you are truly thinking like a fool, and will cancel you and eye! moreover, crop rotation in the fourteenth century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)