Protest (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
I hear the antiVSU protest was great success. ;)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Rafy said:
hey let's end student poverty by slugging them all with a $600 fee
To be fair, I don't think NUS/SRC support compulsory upfront fees anymore. I think they're just waiting for the findings of the govt review and are having a good protest to let off their anger in the meantime.

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Well i got a "move along" order yesterday of which i am very proud of and it only took about 30 minhutes of taunting this chubby cop. Oh so many pig jokes in one day, :)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
evan11 stop posting

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
well it's more that they're pretty much saying "we demand working families and working singles and old people and young people pay a shitload more taxes for our enjoyment".

That's what shits me off the most about them.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Guys VSU has had a terrible effect on our universities. I mean there's no longer a sexuality week or drug awareness week on campus, the Union Recorder is no longer published on a monthly basis (!) and there's no subsidised childcare for Union members or staff either. I'm glad that Kevin Rudd's thinking of reneging on his pre-election promise to maintain VSU, because I sure don't like that particular piece of legislation.
guy said:
To be fair, I don't think NUS/SRC support compulsory upfront fees anymore. I think they're just waiting for the findings of the govt review and are having a good protest to let off their anger in the meantime.
<fact filled history lesson which isn't endorsing VSU>The NUS supported upfront compulsory fees only until they saw it wasn't going to happen, so they made a compromise. If given the choice I believe that they would still opt for upfront fees, otherwise they would've proposed a HECS style solution before the VSU legislation was passed.</that thing I said>

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Malfoy said:
I went down to Sydney Uni for the counterprotest... walking back up to UTS, I could have sworn I saw Nebuchanezzar (dyed brown hair still in a bit of a fro) sitting in some cafe on Broadway with a companion. Confirm/deny, Neb?
Damnit. Yes, I've been found. :eek: But indeed, I was looking out the window and saw people walking past and looking at my frosty German beverage but I didn't see you. :(

Dear Justin Simon and fellow young liberals,

With no sarcasm, I was laughing so hard at the counter protest yesterday that I was hurting at one point. It was lots of fun, and it was obvious that your side also thought the same. What's the leaders name? Tim I think? He looked like he was having an awesome time. I particularly enjoyed the "fuck off lefty scum" at the same time as "fuck off liberal scum." Tell your buddies to do it again because it's so much fun. :D:D:D

kokodamonkey said:
abolishing full fee's makes things worse for the average student. Do you not understand that full fee students money helps make ends meet at universities..
Yes because the ALP has pledged to pull DFEE places and not make up the fudning. Dolt.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Nooo, lol. I enjoyed watching you all have fun. It was fun for all. You know, like, nothing can come of it if everyone's hurling bottles and one another and crap but if the two opposing groups are standing on opposite sides of the road and yelling at each other it's lots of fun. Like, there are a few rabid lefties and stuff that take it a bit too seriously, same as on the liberal side of course, but I think that there were also those who saw that it was all quite funny.

And no matter how I worded the original post it would have come across as sounding sarcastic. It wasn't though.

It's like watching parliament basically. That's a compliment. :D

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I liked my free T-Shirt the best.

I dunno why more people don't turn out for the actual rally thing at the start though. Seems to me that the majority of students would support most of the ideas that they were protesting for, so like, why not turn up. Iuno.

Same goes for the other side too. There's way more people that believe in what the Young Libs say than turn up to their counter rally. :(

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Surely. I'd say that there were way more than 200 people at that rally too.

Apathy is lame.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Fruitless effort is lame. Both sides of the protest, what were you thinking. Do you honestly believe your actions have made any difference whatsover?
theyve got barely any classes anyway

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Apathy is lame.
the student association at my uni had a protest on the same day, and they wallpapered the campus with posters weeks in advance

fortunately for us right-thinking (pun intended) students here, they face the insurmountable problem that no one gives a shit.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Fruitless effort is lame. Both sides of the protest, what were you thinking. Do you honestly believe your actions have made any difference whatsover?
hope you die of syphillis

kokodamonkey

HSC
stazi said:
hawt. this excites me. ill be making my money in singapore, and then when i reenter Australia, I could actually afford to have some of my income contributed towards HECS. in fact, I could probably put what I have saved towards it and get the early payment discount
no stazi.. if you go off to singapore (i.e. leave Australia) you dont have to pay off your hecs! So don't worry about it!!! Also stazi you wern't at the FMAA drinks tonight :<.

Nebuchanezzar said:
Nooo, lol. I enjoyed watching you all have fun. It was fun for all. You know, like, nothing can come of it if everyone's hurling bottles and one another and crap but if the two opposing groups are standing on opposite sides of the road and yelling at each other it's lots of fun. Like, there are a few rabid lefties and stuff that take it a bit too seriously, same as on the liberal side of course, but I think that there were also those who saw that it was all quite funny.

And no matter how I worded the original post it would have come across as sounding sarcastic. It wasn't though.

It's like watching parliament basically. That's a compliment. :D
Shame i missed you have been hoping to run into you at usyd... I was one of the libs that was running past towards railway square to do some more pro-vsu protesting.

juggernaut

HSC
"$100 to fund services on university campuses."

so what your saying is, these nerds actually protested because they were to tight to pay a whole 100$ ?

fuck me

Evan11

HSC
juggernaut said:
"$100 to fund services on university campuses."

so what your saying is, these nerds actually protested because they were to tight to pay a whole 100$ ?

fuck me
you gonna pay my 100?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)